Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Not sure how much Bishop can have to do with it, he's not a Jedi.

Still, it couldn't do any harm if Bishop had a car crash just to be sure. I mean if someone loosened his wheel nuts could you really hold it against them?

Keith Bishop has probably paid off our last few opponents to throw the games against us.

You know, I really think this needs to be investigated by the authorities. Something is definitely fishy.

Whatever the quality of players Pardew has to work with, he had worse form than the previous thirty odd premier league managers sacked, or something ridiculous like that.  So he's definitely had better players than most of those managers and there's no excuse.

I've always had a big problem with confidence players.  They hit form rarely in random streaks and often it's because they're just not very good.  Pardew is even worse, he's a confidence manager.  If he gets the manager equivalent of a ball going in off a strikers backside, like he has with the young players doing well, suddenly he'll luck into a winning formula.  Then he'll also develop some bottle to make decisive changes for a few games as well, even changing strikers and wingers at half time.  He gets the confidence to start trying things and managing the team.  The problem is that we all know it'll only take one or two defeats and we'll be back to Gouffran and Sissokho as wingers, Colback and Tiote in the centre, with nothing but defensive intent.  Even now with his winning formula, we're still essentially playing defensive long ball for the majority of the games.

They found the typical clueless fans who just follow the opinion of what their told. Most of them were saying they werent behind him but now totally back him now. One of them was an in denial fan whos claimed to of backed Pardew all the way and the sack pardew campaign was pathetic, just for the sake he can boost his ego and pretend to himself his football opinion is always right because of the coverage this Pardew revival press is getting.

Guest firetotheworks

SSN with their cameras out interviewing fans around SJP about the Pardew turnaround :anguish:

I walk past SJP at least twice and usually four times a day and they're never ever there when I'm walking past.

The talent that Pardew has had is a much higher level than anyone after Robson has had and arguably including Robson in a few positions.

One trouble is that everyone else has improved. With the TV money, medium sized clubs who can stay in the Premiership can actually build reasonable sides by attracting good players from all over Europe. (eg Swansea, Southampton). The proportion of a club's income that comes from gate receipts as opposed to TV has shrunk, so I think that's equalled the standard a bit amongst the non-CL contenders.

A reservation I have about our transfer policy is its inflexibility in not looking at players who are reaching the end of their careers. Sometimes one or two veterans can add a lot, particularly in terms of leadership, on and off the field. We're relying on young players coming through and, so far, that's yet to bear fruit. It's now really difficult for youngsters to break into the first team through the ranks, unless they're really good. And at our club, there's pressure.

Guest firetotheworks

The talent that Pardew has had is a much higher level than anyone after Robson has had and arguably including Robson in a few positions.

One trouble is that everyone else has improved. With the TV money, medium sized clubs who can stay in the Premiership can actually build reasonable sides by attracting good players from all over Europe. (eg Swansea, Southampton). The proportion of a club's income that comes from gate receipts as opposed to TV has shrunk, so I think that's equalled the standard a bit amongst the non-CL contenders.

A reservation I have about our transfer policy is its inflexibility in not looking at players who are reaching the end of their careers. Sometimes one or two veterans can add a lot, particularly in terms of leadership, on and off the field. We're relying on young players coming through and, so far, that's yet to bear fruit. It's now really difficult for youngsters to break into the first team through the ranks, unless they're really good. And at our club, there's pressure.

I don't agree that everyone else has improved at all, at least not wholesale. Teams can always push for the cups, Europe and the CL. Doing that with the players that we had, despite Pardew being our manager is proof enough to me that those places are up for grabs when the 'big teams' are falling under par. Everyone has this idea that it goes Man City, Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs but it's never that simple, Liverpool and Spurs fall short regularly and those places HAVE TO be filled by other teams. Look at Everton, Southampton, look at us a couple of seasons ago. It's an absolute myth that it's all sewn up. It's what SSN and those clubs want you to think.

I don't see a problem in having a good old head in a team, or in a squad. I agree with that providing it's one or two. Teams with older heads are generally shit in a league that relies upon physicality and pace.

I don't agree that everyone else has improved at all, at least not wholesale. Teams can always push for the cups, Europe and the CL. Doing that with the players that we had, despite Pardew being our manager is proof enough to me that those places are up for grabs when the 'big teams' are falling under par. Everyone has this idea that it goes Man City, Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs but it's never that simple, Liverpool and Spurs fall short regularly and those places HAVE TO be filled by other teams. Look at Everton, Southampton, look at us a couple of seasons ago. It's an absolute myth that it's all sewn up. It's what SSN and those clubs want you to think.

I don't see a problem in having a good old head in a team, or in a squad. I agree with that providing it's one or two. Teams with older heads are generally shit in a league that relies upon physicality and pace.

When I said that teams have improved, I wasn't thinking of the CL, I was thinking of the teams who generally fill the places from 7th to 17th.

The top four is still very tough to break into. I can't agree with you on that. You had Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal monopolising it for quite a few seasons, and the only real change has been Man City burrowing their way in by spending vast amounts of money. We've managed it twice, Everton once and Spurs once, and that's all. That shows that whilst it's not impossible, it's very difficult.

Before I moved here he say by me at an away match and I felt dead guilty as I literally could not understand what he was saying but he seemed like a nice geezer

Glad not just me then. Lived in Newcastle for 2 years without too much problems understanding the locale, but didn't understand a word from that :lol:

Guest neesy111

When I said that teams have improved, I wasn't thinking of the CL, I was thinking of the teams who generally fill the places from 7th to 17th.

The top four is still very tough to break into. I can't agree with you on that. You had Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal monopolising it for quite a few seasons, and the only real change has been Man City burrowing their way in by spending vast amounts of money. We've managed it twice, Everton once and Spurs once, and that's all. That shows that whilst it's not impossible, it's very difficult.

Spurs finished twice in the top 4, sadly for them one of the seasons they did Chelsea won the CL when finishing 6th.