Crystal Palace manager

Mick

KKs experience with Ashley causes him to sympathize with Pardew. It's annoying as fuck but I understand why he does it.

You're ridiculous as well, then. We've lost more games than any other PL team in the past 3 seasons and Pardew deserves to be labelled 'great' because Mike 'wants to finish 10th' Ashley is his boss. Do one.

Might be giggs, but this cunt having the cheek to refer to himself in the same breath as sir bobby made me feel sick. "We've both had tough times here." You've broken club record after club record for being utterly shit you moron. Bobby Robson narrowly failed to qualify for the Champions League. A large section of the fans have absolutely tried to hound you out of the club, Sunderland fans for whatever reason like to pretend that we hounded Robson out. You couldn't be more different to Bobby Robson if you tried.

How fucking dare you compare your situation or record to his. How dare you try to trivialise your 2014 form as if it was one of Robsons blips.

Rant over.

Very unwise of Pardew to draw that comparison, given his position, but......

A large number of supporters did turn against Sir Bob. It didn't reach the level of aggression that Pardew has faced, but it was there. And I think it was a factor in his decline and fall (although not the only one).

A vast amount of the crowd who turned on Souness, Allardyce etc will have packed in the season tickets. It's a different crowd in there now and why the crowd have not been as aggressive towards pardew

A vast amount of the crowd who turned on Souness, Allardyce etc will have packed in the season tickets. It's a different crowd in there now and why the crowd have not been as aggressive towards pardew

What also will play a part now is how untouchable he is. Pardew has no culpability and he could lose every remaining game this season and not lose any sleep over the safety of his job as long as Ashley is still the owner.

Might be giggs, but this c*** having the cheek to refer to himself in the same breath as sir bobby made me feel sick. "We've both had tough times here." You've broken club record after club record for being utterly s*** you moron. Bobby Robson narrowly failed to qualify for the Champions League. A large section of the fans have absolutely tried to hound you out of the club, Sunderland fans for whatever reason like to pretend that we hounded Robson out. You couldn't be more different to Bobby Robson if you tried.

How f***ing dare you compare your situation or record to his. How dare you try to trivialise your 2014 form as if it was one of Robsons blips.

Rant over.

Very unwise of Pardew to draw that comparison, given his position, but......

A large number of supporters did turn against Sir Bob. It didn't reach the level of aggression that Pardew has faced, but it was there. And I think it was a factor in his decline and fall (although not the only one).

People have forgotten this to a large degree, which is what galls me so much about the whole "dont be negative towards the manager/feel sorry for Pardew" he's not even a quarter of the man Sir Bob was.

FYI - don't for a second think he's not being coached up by that PR fella who looks like he was transported from the late 90's, Kieth Bishop. Bishop and his team will know buzz words that evoke any bit of sympathy from the lambs, and that is Kevin Keegan & Sir Bobby. More so Sir Bobby given he was an older man, more recent memory, didn't fall out with Ashley, and passed away so can't even comment. It's a SICK fucking game those PR folks play and there's a reason why Bishop is around. Anything Pardew says that isn't football tactic/player related, is Bishop's coaching.

Keegan's words are disappointing to hear like regardless of his hatred of Ashley. Love the bloke but I wish he'd just say nothing at all on the subject, same with Shearer.

There was a great bit in the latest ShiteSeats podcast where one of them, might've been Bowlingcrofty, goes on about how this regime is killing the club off - old and new. So many great names associated with the football club - real bastions of the club's history - becoming disliked because they're supportive of some figment of the regime.

I can't either, but fuck him. He talks utter nonsense about our situation. And I think him, Pedro and Shearer constantly defending Pardew is part of the reason the campaign failed to ignite.

i think this might very well be the truth, if a couple of them had come out at the right time in the papers and said change was needed the majority would have joined in

One of the main problems over the last two years has been the failure of the team to compress, leading to the huge distance between the back line and the forward line.

He's been unbelievably lucky that the changes he's accidentally made recently have addressed this issue. I say accidental, because I'm sure it's not something that has ever bothered him or he ever wanted to change. Having the players spread out over the pitch leads to his holy grail – the scrappy, broken up game. Of course, it also made our team woeful and ineffective. But anyway:

(1) Taylor for Williamson. Williamson was so slow he'd try and stay very deep. On top of that, he'd never push up out of the box when we got possession at anything more than a narrow-eyed, resentful lurch. The back line moves out more quickly now and compresses the team.

(2) Change of front players. Getting rid of the forwards /  forwards-as-wingers who tended to push as high up as possible the second we got the ball and remain static, and their replacement with real wingers and a forward who can link up (Perez). These players all start a lot deeper, so the front line has been pulled back compressing the team more. As a result, there's sometimes more than two players in camera shot when Newcastle have the ball at the moment! 

Is the corner turned? No. He'll ride this streak out until it falls apart or he breaks it, learn nothing, and the 3-0s will start piling up again.

Keegan's words are disappointing to hear like regardless of his hatred of Ashley. Love the bloke but I wish he'd just say nothing at all on the subject, same with Shearer.

Keegan's experience in 2008 should make him even less inclined to praise Pardew. Firstly because he knows the type of cowardly snake who'd accept working under such conditions for 4 years, secondly because knows how low Mike Ashley's ambitions are, and thirdly because he should be acutely aware that it is possible to play reasonably attractive, effective football under the Ashley model. 

Keegan actually congratulates the board for sticking with Pardew. The same board he feuded with, he now gives credit for sticking by Alan Pardew. That is beyond upsetting man. Why on earth would he say that?! Man ...