Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest firetotheworks

Let's start rumours.

Pardew loves putting spoons in his anus. Apparently he calls it "doing a spoony".

He goes into parks and chews on the cheeks of children.

Loving this thread. Great to see some positive attitudes to drown out the usual miserable "pardew is the devil, Ben arfa is god" s****.

Also loved my post match drink in bar loco this week when someone unfurled a hba as che banner and most of the fans gathered there groaned and said they need to get over it.

:suicide:

Where's that from? And get over what, exactly?

On the NUFC subreddit in a thread where he the OP basically says mid table is good for Newcastle, as we have a young squad.

OK. Let me preface this with me saying I don't hate Ashley or Pardew. I don't love them either by any means, but I don't hate them.

If you've read past that comment and are still reading, thanks.

Basically what I wanted to say was I don't think we're in trouble, and sure I'd like to see a striker and a CB, just like I'm sure every single Newcastle fan would, as would any fan of any football club. That's just the nature of the beast, everyone always wants to bring better players in.

But my main point is that we're not in trouble. We have got a team this year for "mid-table mediocrity", but why is that a bad thing? It's not like we're going to compete for the top 4 this season, and sure Europa league places would be nice, but why splash a tonne of cash to challenge for Europa.

What we have got this year is a young team, and if they're not super young they're on a long contract (look at the 6 year contracts we've given new players coming in).

Just look:

Krul is only 26 (and a keeper so he's got 10 years in him still)

Santon is 23

Haidara is 21

Janmaat is 25

Anita is 25

Cissoko is 25

Colback is 24

SDJ is 25

Cabella is 24

Ferreyra is 23

Riviere is 24

Perez is 21

Aarons is 18

Lascelles is 20 (granted he's on loan, but I felt this list needed a CB to validate my point)

We have so many players yet to reach their peak age, and sure we'll sell a few for a few million, but there's a lot to look forward to.

Whether Pardew is or isn't the man to take us forward, if he can push that group of players to mid-table mediocrity, we'll have such a good core to build on in a couple of years.

If people can just look past the immediacy of the situation then surely if we're not in trouble, mid-table mediocrity is fine for now. Just because Ashley's building for the future and 'we all hate Ashley', doesn't what's happening is bad. A good idea from a bad person is still a good idea (not that I think he's a bad person).

Before anyone says "Pardew butchers young talent", that's not my point. My point is that there is talent already there considering we've got a mid-table capable squad that's still 3-4 years of being at it's prime age for most of them.

TL;DR: Don't panic that we might finish mid-table, look at the prospects of our players

OK. Let me preface this with me saying I don't hate Ashley or Pardew. I don't love them either by any means, but I don't hate them.

Basically what I wanted to say was I don't think we're in trouble, and sure I'd like to see a striker and a CB, just like I'm sure every single Newcastle fan would, as would any fan of any football club. That's just the nature of the beast, everyone always wants to bring better players in.

But my main point is that we're not in trouble. We have got a team this year for "mid-table mediocrity", but why is that a bad thing? It's not like we're going to compete for the top 4 this season, and sure Europa league places would be nice, but why splash a tonne of cash to challenge for Europa.

What we have got this year is a young team, and if they're not super young they're on a long contract (look at the 6 year contracts we've given new players coming in).

Just look:

Santon is 23

Haidara is 21

Janmaat is 25

Anita is 25

Cissoko is 25

Colback is 24

SDJ is 25

Cabella is 24

Ferreyra is 23

Riviere is 24

Perez is 21

Aarons is 18

Lascelles is 20 (granted he's on loan, but I felt this list needed a CB to validate my point)

We have so many players yet to reach their peak age, and sure we'll sell a few for a few million, but there's a lot to look forward to.

Whether Pardew is or isn't the man to take us forward, if he can push that group of players to mid-table mediocrity, we'll have such a good core to build on in a couple of years.

If people can just look past the immediacy of the situation then surely if we're not in trouble, mid-table mediocrity is fine for now. Just because Ashley's building for the future and 'we all hate Ashley', doesn't what's happening is bad. A good idea from a bad person is still a good idea (not that I think he's a bad person).

Before anyone says "Pardew butchers young talent", that's not my point. My point is that there is talent already there considering we've got a mid-table capable squad that's still 3-4 years of being at it's prime age for most of them.

TL;DR: Don't panic that we might finish mid-table, look at the prospects of our players

I saw this post - by you, I assume on reddit earlier and it made me incredibly angry. So much bollocks on there, really think you are totally missing the point.

Just look:

Santon is 23

Haidara is 21

Janmaat is 25

Anita is 25

Cissoko is 25

Colback is 24

SDJ is 25

Cabella is 24

Ferreyra is 23

Riviere is 24

Perez is 21

Aarons is 18

Fucking hell, are you the moron from reddit?

We'll be comfortable as fuck this season, no doubt about it but we'll finish around 9th/10th and a million points off a European place. I don't think it's been a disaster summer, we've brought some very good players to the club but more should have been done to push on.

Pardew could get sacked tomorrow and it won't change our final position in the league but we won't be a million miles of Europe and the football would improve, most importantly Ben Arfa would return. The players at the club are talented and have good deal of character and team spirit about them, relegation is most certainly not on the cards. Riviere/Perez/Ferrerya need to be given time by fans and manager before written off that they can't score goals or play well, still early days.

We'll be comfortable as f*** this season, no doubt about it but we'll finish around 9th/10th and a million points off a European place. I don't think it's been a disaster summer, we've brought some very good players to the club but more should have been done to push on.

Pardew could get sacked tomorrow and it won't change our final position in the league but we won't be a million miles of Europe and the football would improve, most importantly Ben Arfa would return. The players at the club are talented and have good deal of character and team spirit about them, relegation is most certainly not on the cards. Riviere/Perez/Ferrerya need to be given time by fans and manager before written off that they can't score goals or play well, still early days.

Brainless, completely brainless.

Don't know why I bolded a part, none of it holds up to scrutiny.

There is no "push on". That phrase should be eliminated from the vocabulary of any Newcastle supporter.

There is no "potential" because you'll struggle to find a single player who's done anything other than get worse with our clueless coaching staff.

So what is there?

Stockholm Syndrome has set in amongst a far-too-large portion of our fans and we are approaching the point where an entire generation of Newcastle fans will think the extent of success is avoiding relegation and maintaining our position atop the financial tables. The team get a huge groundswell of support after scoring a 3rd to take the lead against Palace and it scares Pardew to death. No wonder our home record is so shit. We have a manager afraid of his own shadow and scared to be even more exposed as a fraud than has already happened.

There is no "push on". That phrase should be eliminated from the vocabulary of any Newcastle supporter.

There is no "potential" because you'll struggle to find a single player who's done anything other than get worse with our clueless coaching staff.

So what is there?

Stockholm Syndrome has set in amongst a far-too-large portion of our fans and we are approaching the point where an entire generation of Newcastle fans will think the extent of success is avoiding relegation and maintaining our position atop the financial tables. The team get a huge groundswell of support after scoring a 3rd to take the lead against Palace and it scares Pardew to death. No wonder our home record is so shit. We have a manager afraid of his own shadow and scared to be even more exposed as a fraud than has already happened.

This is bang on and the thing that really scares me.

We'll be comfortable as fuck this season, no doubt about it but we'll finish around 9th/10th and a million points off a European place. I don't think it's been a disaster summer, we've brought some very good players to the club but more should have been done to push on.

9th or 10th would be overachieving on the evidence so far.

NPYAW

So what is there?

Stockholm Syndrome has set in amongst a far-too-large portion of our fans and we are approaching the point where an entire generation of Newcastle fans will think the extent of success is avoiding relegation and maintaining our position atop the financial tables. The team get a huge groundswell of support after scoring a 3rd to take the lead against Palace and it scares Pardew to death. No wonder our home record is so s***. We have a manager afraid of his own shadow and scared to be even more exposed as a fraud than has already happened.

This is bang on and the thing that really scares me.

I'd disagree to be honest.

We are at the point where an entire generation of NUFC fans become Man city, Chelsea, Liverpool Arsenal or Man Utd fans.

We'll be comfortable as f*** this season, no doubt about it but we'll finish around 9th/10th and a million points off a European place. I don't think it's been a disaster summer, we've brought some very good players to the club but more should have been done to push on.

We'll not finish 9th or 10th with Pardew, if he stays we'll finish between 12th and 18th.