Crystal Palace manager

Mick

There is no "push on". That phrase should be eliminated from the vocabulary of any Newcastle supporter.

There is no "potential" because you'll struggle to find a single player who's done anything other than get worse with our clueless coaching staff.

So what is there?

Stockholm Syndrome has set in amongst a far-too-large portion of our fans and we are approaching the point where an entire generation of Newcastle fans will think the extent of success is avoiding relegation and maintaining our position atop the financial tables. The team get a huge groundswell of support after scoring a 3rd to take the lead against Palace and it scares Pardew to death. No wonder our home record is so shit. We have a manager afraid of his own shadow and scared to be even more exposed as a fraud than has already happened.

This is bang on and the thing that really scares me.

There are plenty of older fans willing to take the same position like, not that it negates from the point at hand but it's that little bit more inexplicable.

OK. Let me preface this with me saying I don't hate Ashley or Pardew. I don't love them either by any means, but I don't hate them.

If you've read past that comment and are still reading, thanks.

Basically what I wanted to say was I don't think we're in trouble, and sure I'd like to see a striker and a CB, just like I'm sure every single Newcastle fan would, as would any fan of any football club. That's just the nature of the beast, everyone always wants to bring better players in.

But my main point is that we're not in trouble. We have got a team this year for "mid-table mediocrity", but why is that a bad thing? It's not like we're going to compete for the top 4 this season, and sure Europa league places would be nice, but why splash a tonne of cash to challenge for Europa.

What we have got this year is a young team, and if they're not super young they're on a long contract (look at the 6 year contracts we've given new players coming in).

Just look:

Krul is only 26 (and a keeper so he's got 10 years in him still)

Santon is 23

Haidara is 21

Janmaat is 25

Anita is 25

Cissoko is 25

Colback is 24

SDJ is 25

Cabella is 24

Ferreyra is 23

Riviere is 24

Perez is 21

Aarons is 18

Lascelles is 20 (granted he's on loan, but I felt this list needed a CB to validate my point)

We have so many players yet to reach their peak age, and sure we'll sell a few for a few million, but there's a lot to look forward to.

Whether Pardew is or isn't the man to take us forward, if he can push that group of players to mid-table mediocrity, we'll have such a good core to build on in a couple of years.

If people can just look past the immediacy of the situation then surely if we're not in trouble, mid-table mediocrity is fine for now. Just because Ashley's building for the future and 'we all hate Ashley', doesn't what's happening is bad. A good idea from a bad person is still a good idea (not that I think he's a bad person).

Before anyone says "Pardew butchers young talent", that's not my point. My point is that there is talent already there considering we've got a mid-table capable squad that's still 3-4 years of being at it's prime age for most of them.

TL;DR: Don't panic that we might finish mid-table, look at the prospects of our players

Four words to say to you fuck off you're clueless

There is no "push on". That phrase should be eliminated from the vocabulary of any Newcastle supporter.

There is no "potential" because you'll struggle to find a single player who's done anything other than get worse with our clueless coaching staff.

So what is there?

Stockholm Syndrome has set in amongst a far-too-large portion of our fans and we are approaching the point where an entire generation of Newcastle fans will think the extent of success is avoiding relegation and maintaining our position atop the financial tables. The team get a huge groundswell of support after scoring a 3rd to take the lead against Palace and it scares Pardew to death. No wonder our home record is so shit. We have a manager afraid of his own shadow and scared to be even more exposed as a fraud than has already happened.

There are plenty of older fans willing to take the same position like, not that it negates from the point at hand but it's that little bit more inexplicable.

"Aah've seen worse, ah remember the 80s..." :anguish:

So what is there?

Stockholm Syndrome has set in amongst a far-too-large portion of our fans and we are approaching the point where an entire generation of Newcastle fans will think the extent of success is avoiding relegation and maintaining our position atop the financial tables. The team get a huge groundswell of support after scoring a 3rd to take the lead against Palace and it scares Pardew to death. No wonder our home record is so s***. We have a manager afraid of his own shadow and scared to be even more exposed as a fraud than has already happened.

"Aah've seen worse, ah remember the 80s..." :anguish:

Never felt as bad as I have now and that's including the 80s - at least we had the Keegan years but now it's just total boring shit and two absolute cunts at the top. Never seen anything wasted so much as this club is currently.