Crystal Palace manager

Mick

I don't know. Why has today broken me more than anything they've done in recent years? Why?

Utter confirmation of the fact that Pardew is in control.

Utter confirmation that fear reigns and ambition is pushed aside.

Utter confirmation that we'd rather persist with grafting 4/10 players than a flair-filled, maverick matchwinner.

Utter confirmation that the football on display will only get worse, not better.

Utter confirmation that Hull's squad and tactics are more like the Newcastle I remember than Newcastle itself is these days.  Hull!

Precisely.

I really think he will be struggling to hold on to his job within the next few weeks.

We were told we had a kind fixture list before the difficult games in Nov/Dec but I am struggling to see where we are going to get points from in these easy games.  Southampton away we normally lose, we haven't managed to beat Hull in the league at home yet, Stoke and Swansea away we usually lose and they have both started the season well and then Leicester home are the archetypal promotion team that causes us problems and then we are in to the top 6.

You get to January with a relegation-threatened team and who will want to sign for us?  Cheap foreigners that we have monitored for several years who will need a few months to adjust to the league.

Pardew needs results and he needs them quickly otherwise I believe Ashley will have no choice other than to get rid because the cheapest option for him will be to get the current players performing.

doubt it, clubs taken his side on HBA and MYM which suggests they trust him completely and if the headbutt incident won't get him sacked nothing will

I really think he will be struggling to hold on to his job within the next few weeks.

We were told we had a kind fixture list before the difficult games in Nov/Dec but I am struggling to see where we are going to get points from in these easy games.  Southampton away we normally lose, we haven't managed to beat Hull in the league at home yet, Stoke and Swansea away we usually lose and they have both started the season well and then Leicester home are the archetypal promotion team that causes us problems and then we are in to the top 6.

You get to January with a relegation-threatened team and who will want to sign for us?  Cheap foreigners that we have monitored for several years who will need a few months to adjust to the league.

Pardew needs results and he needs them quickly otherwise I believe Ashley will have no choice other than to get rid because the cheapest option for him will be to get the current players performing.

doubt it, clubs taken his side on HBA and MYM which suggests they trust him completely and if the headbutt incident won't get him sacked nothing will

Exactly. He'll be fucking delighted over the backing he's had this summer.

I watched Blyth win the weekend. A cracking day out that reignited the passion I thought had been drained out of me by this club over the recent years.

It was only when I got back in the car, switched on the radio & listened to the inevitable outcome of the king & his unique form of anti-coaching did my shoulders drop & that feeling of helpless resignation hit home again.

He must die

Exactly. He'll be fucking delighted over the backing he's had this summer.

Then pay that trust back by risking Ashley's investment, which he will.  The end is coming.

I don't know. Why has today broken me more than anything they've done in recent years? Why?

Utter confirmation of the fact that Pardew is in control.

Utter confirmation that fear reigns and ambition is pushed aside.

Utter confirmation that we'd rather persist with grafting 4/10 players than a flair-filled, maverick matchwinner.

Utter confirmation that the football on display will only get worse, not better.

Utter confirmation that Hull's squad and tactics are more like the Newcastle I remember than Newcastle itself is these days.  Hull!

Bang on

I watched Blyth win the weekend. A cracking day out that reignited the passion I thought had been drained out of me by this club over the recent years.

It was only when I got back in the car, switched on the radio & listened to the inevitable outcome of the king & his unique form of anti-coaching did my shoulders drop & that feeling of helpless resignation hit home again.

He must die

Aye its far more fun for me to follow Berwick too. Add to that that Colin Cameron is probably a better manager than Pardew too.

Sent this to 5live. It was when I thought the HBA deal was a permanent one and not a loan unfortunately.

Really disappointed, although not surprised with Newcastle's transfer business. We've been on relegation form since Christmas and can't claim to have strengthened over this summer. Basically we've replaced:

Cabaye with De Jong,

Debuchy with Janmaat,

Remy with Riviere

Ben Arfa with Cabella,

Ameobi with Perez,

Marveaux with Ferreyra

The ONLY major improvement is the free transfer of Colback who replaces Gosling, but they were trying to sell Tiote to cover that one too. It's a total myth that we've had a good window. We still have no proper goalscorer, which we had last year with Remy, and we're going into the season with the same centre backs we had in the Championship 4 years ago. Colocinni is getting passed it and Taylor and Williamson are average at best. I'm amazed we've sold the French league winning captain, another player in a long line of them who Pardew has failed to develop.

There have been options on loan around for both positions of centre back and striker and we haven't even looked interested. It's almost like they're deliberately holding the club back so that the fans don't have higher expectations and that they will settle for lower mid-table.

With a porous defense who have conceded more than 3 goals on 7 occasions in 2014, and a toothless attack, the club could be in trouble of relegation. The net spend is only around £4million after 2 windows in a row where nothing has been spent.

The next home fixture is Hull City. If Ben Arfa comes back and scores in front of Pardew there will be uproar in the stands and the pressure Pardew was under towards the end of last season against Cardiff where he was unable to even leave the dugout without being booed will seem tame in comparison. People may say it isn't Pardew's fault, but he's the face of the regime and the only one who speaks. Criticising the fans for the draw on Saturday and his recent comments about the transfer window could turn out to be the final straw for a frustrated fanbase who are totally sick of the lack of ambition.

the only point of going to the matches for the rest of the season is to hurl bile and abuse at this cunt. no way will he be sacked, but given enough abuse he may resign and hopefully take his coaching cretins with him.