Newcastle 3 - 3 Crystal Palace - 30/8/14 - Post match reaction from p. 42

Mike

Absolutely gippin that performance. Would have been criminal if we came away with 3 points. Pardew man, just f*** off and bring this sorry era to an end.

Some very concerning performances by a few like. Cabella looked average for the most part and De Jong was completely anonymous. Sissoko hilariously bad and painfully lacking any sort of intelligence.

In love with Aarons though, hopefully he will keep his place and Gouffran's nothing outings will be but a dull memory.

Aarons wouldn't play the way he did today if he was starting, he'd have to do far too much work at the back to be as good going forward.

Absolutely gippin that performance. Would have been criminal if we came away with 3 points. Pardew man, just f*** off and bring this sorry era to an end.

Some very concerning performances by a few like. Cabella looked average for the most part and De Jong was completely anonymous. Sissoko hilariously bad and painfully lacking any sort of intelligence.

In love with Aarons though, hopefully he will keep his place and Gouffran's nothing outings will be but a dull memory.

Aarons wouldn't play the way he did today if he was starting, he'd have to do far too much work at the back to be as good going forward.

Aye, that's probably true. Still, at least he has something about him. Didn't even notice Gouffran's GRAFT today.

Had some proper Palace no marks sitting near me today including Peter Ramage and Jerome Thomas. Forgot they existed.

Haven't seen any of the highlights but was it Anita marking Delaney at the end? :lol: Absolutely comical

Aye, that's probably true. Still, at least he has something about him. Didn't even notice Gouffran's GRAFT today.

He gets the ball gives it back to the defender and then runs to get marked or ambles over to shadow a player as a winger bursts past him. Absolutely fucking toss and a waste of a shirt.

Had some proper Palace no marks sitting near me today including Peter Ramage and Jerome Thomas. Forgot they existed.

Haven't seen any of the highlights but was it Anita marking Delaney at the end? :lol: Absolutely comical

If this is the case it just goes to show how lacking we are leadership wise on the pitch especially defensively.

The fact we haven't improved the centre of the defence says it all especially considering how many goals we've shipped over the past 2 years.

He gets the ball gives it back to the defender and then runs to get marked or ambles over to shadow a player as a winger bursts past him. Absolutely fucking toss and a waste of a shirt.

:thup:

Love how we continue to provide so little in terms of midfield creativity that we had to rely on our centre half to be playmaker in the first 45.

I haven't missed this feeling of ominous doom you get post-match and the inevitable sulk that seemed to ruin most of my Saturday evenings last season. I'm also literally speechless that Pardew has attempted to shift some blame to the fans for throwing the game away.

What's most concerning is how we still look entirely clueless when going forward. It only really hit me when Aarons came on and linked up well with Haidara when I realised that was the first bit of link-up play that looked meaningful. I feel massively stupid actually because despite wanting us to lose as many games as it took to get Pards out last season, I'd somehow convinced myself that with the new players we'd be better this year. Maybe even be entertaining.

Try finding a Newcastle 'fan' or any other fan, for that matter, ouside this forum who wants their team to lose.

Its embarrassing.

It's a weird one I don't think I actively want to use win or lose at the moment.

I can't quite bring myself to cheer the opposition scoring (and I'd probably get kicked in at the ground) but I'm certainly not arsed when they do.

This is me to a degree, I don't know if there's much chance of Pardew getting sacked so I don't know what to think. 

Didn't want us to win today though tbh, the guy would have been unbearable in the press for weeks and used it to cement his position.

Try finding a Newcastle 'fan' or any other fan, for that matter, ouside this forum who wants their team to lose.

Its embarrassing.

It's a weird one I don't think I actively want to use win or lose at the moment.

I can't quite bring myself to cheer the opposition scoring (and I'd probably get kicked in at the ground) but I'm certainly not arsed when they do.

This is me to a degree, I don't know if there's much chance of Pardew getting sacked so I don't know what to think. 

Didn't want us to win today though tbh, the guy would have been unbearable in the press for weeks and used it to cement his position.

The only reason I want us to lose is hope.

With Pardew in charge I feel totally hopeless and without any enjoyment or enthusiasm for the club, even though us losing and him possibly being sacked doesn't guarantee anything I'll take it purely because at least I can hope for better.

:thup:

Love how we continue to provide so little in terms of midfield creativity that we had to rely on our centre half to be playmaker in the first 45.

That ball over the top to de Jong was dreamy mind.

Pathetic from first kick to the last. Absolutely nobody in our shirt deserves any credit whatsoever apart from Aarons.

If our manager had any credibility whatsoever, he'd be ashamed as fuck at that performance. Palace deserved three points, easily.

Special mentions to Cabella, Gouffran, Sissoko and Riviere - all "senior players" and all a fucking disgrace. Absolutely shit.

I cannot fathom how anyone would want this shit stain to get another point? If not only for his insufferable self congratulatory speeches. The sooner he is gone, the better, if there was a chance of that happening while we were winning if be right behind the team. However it is a mean to the end, it's like having cancer but not wanting treatment because it makes you feel ill, even though you knew if you did you would get better.

NUFC losing and Pardew getting hoofed ARE mutually exclusive so bring it on now so we can get rid of him and someone else can rescue the season. If he limps through until the end of the season we'll have another year of this.

Guest zicomartin

Folu,

I would argue to the contrary on both points.

Cancer treatment tends to kill off your immune system, which aint really that helpful against what is essentially an immune system disease.

Actually, watching Newcastle is more likely  to result in 'rotting corpse' syndrome.

I cannot fathom how anyone would want this s*** stain to get another point? If not only for his insufferable self congratulatory speeches. The sooner he is gone, the better, if there was a chance of that happening while we were winning if be right behind the team. However it is a mean to the end, it's like having cancer but not wanting treatment because it makes you feel ill, even though you knew if you did you would get better.

NUFC losing and Pardew getting hoofed ARE mutually exclusive so bring it on now so we can get rid of him and someone else can rescue the season. If he limps through until the end of the season we'll have another year of this.

He's not going to get sacked off his mate, if Ashley had wanted rid he had the perfect opportunity after the Hull headbutt, but he chose to retain him. The problem with hoping we lose so this guy gets the boot is, it could take a whole lot of losing to get to that stage, by which time we could be in serious trouble. This club doesn't need another relegation.

Our best hope is if he gets himself involved in another touchline incident, we need to pay some opposition player or manager to provoke him  :)

I've literally lost any desire to analyse our games any more. First of all they're all the same from our point of view pretty much, so there's absolutely no need. Secondly, those c***s don't take it f***ing seriously. Fatty and sucky. If I thought those in charge put in as much thought, work and urgency in to improving the team and the club as everyone that supports it demands and placed some importance on achievements, then I'd have a basis on which to critique.

As it stands its just more and more desperation from my point of view. Week after week of exactly the same criticisms. We know them before we even f***ing kick off. Utterly grim how they can have eroded the whole framework of our club like this. And so f***ing quickly in the grand scheme of things.

Arrons and Ayoze a breath of fresh air when they came on.

De Jong, Sissoko and Goufrann were atrocious.

Cabella is shocking, show pony with no end product who left first Janmaat and then Anita wide open offering no support at all.

Pleased for Williamson to finally get his goal.