Burnley 1-1 Newcastle United (FT) - post match reaction from page 23

Mike

Guest Roger Kint

Was Abeid not coming short to get the ball? Thought he did that well before his injury.

Mainly Tiote who then played suicide balls to anyone near him or tried to take on their forwards every time.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "Absolutely delighted with that - we didn't play in the first half and Burnley had a lot to do with that. We didn't risk enough. We took risks in the second half and were a different class. "It's as good a point we've got all season. The pitch was difficult tonight - it was was slippery and slidy."

"Delighted"  :lol:

That Burnley side might be the worst that I've ever seen in the Premier League. We have some injuries but the squad wasn't that different from the lineup we had during our win streak.

The squad wasn't. The team was though. I'm not normally one of these ridiculous over the top Pardew critics but it is no coincidence in my opinion that our winning streak has come to a grinding halt in the last two games since he has decided to play Gouffran instead of Cabella which is a complete dogshite decision. It has made a huge negative difference ! We don't offer enough offensively with Gouffran on the wing which then gives teams less to worry about and can push forward more.

Was impressed with Sammy, Steven Taylor, Dummett  and Cabella when he belatedly came on last night.

Janmmatt, Haidara and Perez did ok just didn't quite go for them but they put in a good shift.

Was unimpressed with: Elliott, Gouffran, Cisse and Riverie was terrible again

What the hell is Gouffran doing on the wing again ? ...and Riverie who was dog s**** yet again back as well. Gouffran isn't a terrible player but our winning streak was simply resolute defending and pressing the opposition as a team when we haven't got the ball and attack with pace and sharp passing when we have got the ball. Sissoko powering through the middle,two fast wingers sammy, aarons or cabella and Perez up top. Gouffran has no place in that team at the moment. The only place i'd be tempted to try Gouffran is up top if Perez was injured and that would be a gamble.

We only concede 1 goal in 6 and win all 6 in our winning run. But Pardew is now unbelievably trying to get Gouffran and Rivierie etc back in. I'd have much preferred Pardew blood young quick promising Callum Roberts than those two. Cabella made a huge difference when he came on. Cabella clearly should have started and we could have blooded young Roberts when Ameobi went off instead of Riveirie who was shocking yet again.

Our team for Chelsea should be:

Elliott?

Taylor  Dummett 

Janmaat                            Haidara

Abeid  Sissoko  Colback

Cabella                    Sammy/Aarons?     

Perez

I am expecting Cisse, Gouffran and even possibly Riverie to feature though in which case we have no chance.

Last night if we had started with Cabella over Gouffran and chucked young Roberts on for Sammy when he came off we would have won that game.

Imagine being surprised that Gouffran has come back in. I've been more surprised by it getting dark in the evening.

Frankly anyone who wasn't fully aware that would happen shouldn't be allowed outside for their own safety.

Haidara, Sammy, Williamson and Tiote were awful in the first half.

Cabella made the difference in the second. Abieds already better than Tiote.

Cant be arsed to whinge about the rest.

1st half was awful, 2nd half better.

1 down at Half Time, means a point isn’t a disaster but can’t help but feel Burnley were there for the taking.

I except to lose Chelsea, Arsenal games which means the Sunderland game is so vital we win. Not just for the pride but to make sure we don’t start slipping into trouble.

Imagine being surprised that Gouffran has come back in. I've been more surprised by it getting dark in the evening.

Frankly anyone who wasn't fully aware that would happen shouldn't be allowed outside for their own safety.

:lol:

Thought this was the absolute worst I've ever seen us play. We looked bereft of ideas. We hoofed it non stop. Truly shocking. Any hope I had after that five game run has been dashed. This season is will pan out just like last season.

And the fans inside Saint James' will rejoice.

Thought this was the absolute worst I've ever seen us play. We looked bereft of ideas. We hoofed it non stop. Truly shocking. Any hope I had after that five game run has been dashed. This season is will pan out just like last season.

I can only assume you mean the first half because the 2nd was nothing like you've described. Apart from lacking ideas in the final 3rd I'll give you that.

I can only assume you mean the first half because the 2nd was nothing like you've described. Apart from lacking ideas in the final 3rd I'll give you that.

Don't blame anyone turning it off after the first half tbh.

Best part of the first half for me was Burnley scoring, actually woke their fans up and we had some banter with them :lol:

Yeah, I turned it off at half time. Couldn't take it anymore.

Yeah, I turned it off at half time. Couldn't take it anymore.

Maybe should have mentioned that in your original post tbh.