NUFC 0 - 1 Sunderland - 21/12/14 - reaction to Pardew's derby run from page 43

LRD

Guest firetotheworks

I know a lot of people don't like his shouty, sweary bravado but he hits the nail firmly on the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whQIHEQ4xE4&feature=youtu.be&a

:thup:

PML

I dunno like, he's just banging on about players having no bottle or courage...then uses Taylor as an example of player with courage and then gives Pardew partial credit because he 'went for it'...then says that Cabella was a waste of money...then starts banging on about the players being not good enough.

I absolutely agree with you Wullie.

I know lads who are 3-4 years younger than me and they just haven't a clue. They have no problem with Pardew, very little resentment towards Ashley and just lap up this mediocrity and ridicule served up on a weekly basis. One lad even told me after the match that I was a 'fool' if I thought Pardew was to blame for today- this was just the PERFECT loss for Pardew, especially the perfect derby loss. Unlike the previous harrowing 0-3's (where people still weirdly accepted it?) we got a couple of sniffs at goal and on the odd occassion merely tested the 'keeper. That was it, no thundering the woodwork, missing a PK, shots cleared off the line etc. Just a few half chances. And, to top it off, we lose by one goal late on. It was too perfect BECAUSE we now have an audience who will accept that. No pressure will be applied to Pardew because of this, in the eyes of everyone we have played well and were 'unlucky' and 'lacked a bit of passion'. We basically have 50,000 Pardew's in SJP watching NUFC. Just look at the Hull match and the ridicule protesters got.

I remember after the first 0-3 (that's how bad it is now, 'the first') we played Liverpool at SJP two weeks later and lost 0-6. Pardew played a criminally high line against one of the best attacks in the league and failed to adjust it. It was truly helpless being in the stadium that day. No one cared. I was in the Gallowgate and lost it, stood up shouting at Pardew and calling him a c*** etc, everything you could think of. People around me were going bananas, saying 'aye well he's not the one on the pitch, he just picks the players man'. Even after I tried to protest with the derby defeat weeks earlier no one was interested, people just didn't want to hear it and preferred to just sit there in silence with their arms folded. There is no passion anymore, which is the ironic part of it all considering how all we are ever f***ing told is how we need more passion etc. Literally the disease of English football is that myth of 'more passion'. Imagine in the days before Ashley (or even in his first season) if we were getting spanked at home to the mackems? There would be full on riots, the manager would probably be forced to resign, or if he didn't he would be gone if he lost the game after. People had a lot of pride in the club and didn't stand for this- this was unimaginable.

No one seems to know or remember the days of the Champions League nights (home and away), or our famous cup runs, or the general excitement that a few wins could generate around the city. I am simply in shock that we are now talking about our 4th consecutive loss to those small-time idiots.

If we were just genuinely dire, but had the right people at the club with the right intentions then I would still live and breathe NUFC, I would still die for that black and white- how good we are has never been something that questions your loyalty as a Newcastle fan, it has only made it stronger in the past. But for the club to basically withdraw from competing, to isolate itself from honoring what was once a very proud history of competing and near-misses to success is simply deflating. It's absolutely heartbreaking.

As people above have nailed it; people like you and I won't be going back for a long time by the looks of it. By the time that supporters who know the true meaning of NUFC return (if at all) then it will be too late. The club will have been passed over to generations who don't know what success is- 7th in the league will be like winning it to a lot of them. A loss to the mackems will simply be followed up with 'just unlucky, we're still the better club'. Nothing will mean anything and all that will be talked about is this totally unjustified, unhealthy devotion to the club that involves accepting whatever is served up by the club and never questioning it (and if you do, then you are 'disloyal', you are a 'traitor'....you're as good as a mackem).

The club is dead, lads.

Felt more reading that than I have supporting this club for the last 2 years. What's heartbreaking is the next generation of fans will be raised to accept this shit, thinking it's acceptable to not compete and be fed empty lies and excuses. All hope lost with no end in sight.

I know a lot of people don't like his shouty, sweary bravado but he hits the nail firmly on the head.

PML

I dunno like, he's just banging on about players having no bottle or courage...then uses Taylor as an example of player with courage and then gives Pardew partial credit because he 'went for it'...then says that Cabella was a waste of money...then starts banging on about the players being not good enough.

Just spouts shite.

sheep sat around me in the milburn with their expressionless face accepting the shit on view. was all getting too much for me so I started some abuse towards pardew. the venom and threats that started coming towards me from these supafans was alarming. apparently I'm a disgrace and not a proper fan.  felt really threatened.

really is quite frightening.

Its a really strange phenomenon- someone clever than me on here may have a psychological term for it. But they are angry at you because you raise an issue that is too much for them to face, as it would need them to act rather than accept.

edit- Aggressive apathy :lol:

It's actually synthetic happiness. In short, our fans have accepted that Pardew isn't going anywhere and as such have convinced themselves it's for the best. It's the same reason people who go bankrupt, go to jail and get fired from jobs with lucrative salaries say they 'wouldn't have changed a thing'.

I started mentioning this back in August:

It's synthetic happiness. He's not getting back in the team so people are persuading themselves it's for the best.

This guy will explain it in full:

A few people asked before the Spurs game which would we prefer to win. I said that game, because nobody cares about losing to Sunderland any more and I was expecting a barrage of abuse. I got absolutely none.

The fact that Pardew is even able to take the dugout to oversee a third home defeat to them in a row just shows where our fan base now sits. We're done. Everything good about the club is gone. Its soul is well and truly dead, the acceptance of this result in the stands today just confirms it once and for all.

Never felt more vindicated in giving up the season ticket. Never felt more vindicated in getting on with my life. If it wasn't for this forum and the people on it I don't think I'd even bother with the club at all any more.

PML

The eating our Christmas dinners from cups had me laughing out loud. Sorry.

Aye, mint. cheers for the £33k Sunderland fans, class gesture etc. But don't lower yourselves into then singing 'Steven taylor, we wish you were dead' when he gets a head injury.

So much :anguish: with that song and our 'Jimmy Saville is Cattermole's dad' song

There has undoubtedly been a concerted effort by both the MSM and the football 'fraternity' to keep Pardew in a job and the propaganda has clearly worked on that mass of brain-deads who call themselves 'supporters'.

True fans, like family, stick with you when you are going through a sticky patch, but when you consistently abuse their support and waste their financial contributions, they give you the bum's rush until you sort yourselves out.

The club's record over the past 5 years(apart from one)is that of a struggling non-entity who will always simply be grateful to be among the also-rans in the PL - clearly a majority of unthinking idiots are prepared to put up with the club taking their money and rubbing their noses in the dirt, so good luck with that....

Many on here are not and I am no exception ....I live overseas now but had I still been in the UK there is NO WAY I would ever cross the doors of SJP until this regime has gone - which is probably another way of saying I would never be back.

4 Derby losses in a row, thumped by Liverpool 6-0(worst home defeat in 80 years), etc etc.

Yes, Pardew has a fine record  - there is no doubt in my mind that the media and football's authorities are determined to keep him there...exactly why is another question.....

I absolutely agree with you Wullie.

I know lads who are 3-4 years younger than me and they just haven't a clue. They have no problem with Pardew, very little resentment towards Ashley and just lap up this mediocrity and ridicule served up on a weekly basis. One lad even told me after the match that I was a 'fool' if I thought Pardew was to blame for today- this was just the PERFECT loss for Pardew, especially the perfect derby loss. Unlike the previous harrowing 0-3's (where people still weirdly accepted it?) we got a couple of sniffs at goal and on the odd occassion merely tested the 'keeper. That was it, no thundering the woodwork, missing a PK, shots cleared off the line etc. Just a few half chances. And, to top it off, we lose by one goal late on. It was too perfect BECAUSE we now have an audience who will accept that. No pressure will be applied to Pardew because of this, in the eyes of everyone we have played well and were 'unlucky' and 'lacked a bit of passion'. We basically have 50,000 Pardew's in SJP watching NUFC. Just look at the Hull match and the ridicule protesters got.

I remember after the first 0-3 (that's how bad it is now, 'the first') we played Liverpool at SJP two weeks later and lost 0-6. Pardew played a criminally high line against one of the best attacks in the league and failed to adjust it. It was truly helpless being in the stadium that day. No one cared. I was in the Gallowgate and lost it, stood up shouting at Pardew and calling him a c*** etc, everything you could think of. People around me were going bananas, saying 'aye well he's not the one on the pitch, he just picks the players man'. Even after I tried to protest with the derby defeat weeks earlier no one was interested, people just didn't want to hear it and preferred to just sit there in silence with their arms folded. There is no passion anymore, which is the ironic part of it all considering how all we are ever f***ing told is how we need more passion etc. Literally the disease of English football is that myth of 'more passion'. Imagine in the days before Ashley (or even in his first season) if we were getting spanked at home to the mackems? There would be full on riots, the manager would probably be forced to resign, or if he didn't he would be gone if he lost the game after. People had a lot of pride in the club and didn't stand for this- this was unimaginable.

No one seems to know or remember the days of the Champions League nights (home and away), or our famous cup runs, or the general excitement that a few wins could generate around the city. I am simply in shock that we are now talking about our 4th consecutive loss to those small-time idiots.

If we were just genuinely dire, but had the right people at the club with the right intentions then I would still live and breathe NUFC, I would still die for that black and white- how good we are has never been something that questions your loyalty as a Newcastle fan, it has only made it stronger in the past. But for the club to basically withdraw from competing, to isolate itself from honoring what was once a very proud history of competing and near-misses to success is simply deflating. It's absolutely heartbreaking.

As people above have nailed it; people like you and I won't be going back for a long time by the looks of it. By the time that supporters who know the true meaning of NUFC return (if at all) then it will be too late. The club will have been passed over to generations who don't know what success is- 7th in the league will be like winning it to a lot of them. A loss to the mackems will simply be followed up with 'just unlucky, we're still the better club'. Nothing will mean anything and all that will be talked about is this totally unjustified, unhealthy devotion to the club that involves accepting whatever is served up by the club and never questioning it (and if you do, then you are 'disloyal', you are a 'traitor'....you're as good as a mackem).

The club is dead, lads.

A great post - you are 100% correct and I agree with you totally - the club IS dead.

A few people asked before the Spurs game which would we prefer to win. I said that game, because nobody cares about losing to Sunderland any more and I was expecting a barrage of abuse. I got absolutely none.

The fact that Pardew is even able to take the dugout to oversee a third home defeat to them in a row just shows where our fan base now sits. We're done. Everything good about the club is gone. Its soul is well and truly dead, the acceptance of this result in the stands today just confirms it once and for all.

Never felt more vindicated in giving up the season ticket. Never felt more vindicated in getting on with my life. If it wasn't for this forum and the people on it I don't think I'd even bother with the club at all any more.

Good post.

When we went on our cup run all I could think was, can you imagine how negative we would set up in a final? Irrespective of who we ended up facing too. It'd be the same if were facing Citeh or Bradford, too.

I think about helping SackPardew.com, but part of me wonders what is left to save of the club? For me it's this forum and not much else also.

It is a very good post, this forum is all I have left and even most of the appeal there is arguing about whether Eternal Sunshine is a 10 out of 10 film or a 9.9 with Kid Icarus or repeatedly stating stone cold facts like Mud being a 2013 release.