NUFC 0 - 1 Sunderland - 21/12/14 - reaction to Pardew's derby run from page 43

LRD

It is a very good post, this forum is all I have left and even most of the appeal there is arguing about whether Eternal Sunshine is a 10 out of 10 film or a 9.9 with Kid Icarus or stating stone cold facts like Mud being a 2013 release.

Or enjoying the Stone Cold Charlie Austin puns.

Guest neesy111

It is a very good post, this forum is all I have left and even most of the appeal there is arguing about whether Eternal Sunshine is a 10 out of 10 film or a 9.9 with Kid Icarus or repeatedly stating stone cold facts like Mud being a 2013 release.

Oi, we had a decent day today

To all of the people that played the pathetic "support the team" card when SackPardew.com were doing something positive to remove part of the cancer from our club and to all of those who started saying things like Alan Pardew is "back from the dead" after a few flukey wins....you are as much to blame for this result, the Spurs result and any other embarrassing defeat as the grey haired Cockney scum cunt in the dug out. And this isn't the end of embarrassing results, it's probably the start. Enjoy it, it is obviously what you want.

Whilst sitting in the pub last night unwilling to join in on our conversation I was listening to discussions of other groups. Surprisingly the same points got repeated and repeated.

- with a fired up Tiote and Colback on the pitch, why wasn't Anita on the bench to replace one of them after their inevitable yellow cards? Losing either one of them would have created a void and imbalance, something that was majorly evident when Tiote went off. Plunder land must have thought Christmas had come early when they saw our only holding sub option was, erm, Cabella.

- Gouffran. I'll just leave it as that.

- Perez, Cisse and Armstrong all being on the pitch yet only one being up front.

- the constant movement of Sissoko to try and get weaker players into the game. He ruled the first 10-15 mins then got moved to accommodate a missing Gouffran. He needs to be our core. Our team should be built around him. What happens when De Jong starts and wants that 'just off the striker' role, where does Sissoko go then?

- the Cabella sub. Just why? All it did was just unsettle the team both offensively and defensively at a critical time. I'm sure they could have held out for 5 minutes longer.

- the 33min tribute was nice but it didn't deserve the same minute long, stand up applause we do to remember John and Liam. We've said thanks multiple times but £33k from a global (not just SAFC) contribution isn't the same as two lads tragically losing their lives. Same goes for those applauding the SAFC fans during the 17min tribute. No, it was for our boys, applaud our boys.

- connected to that, and I know the kids sing the Jimmy Saville cringetastic song, Sunderland staying classy with their 'Steven Taylor we wish you were dead' chant. A lot of them were singing it followed by at least one who mimicked an airplane right next to one of the stewards. We're sat in the L4 corner so there could have been more.

- the hatred of Poyet. That's 5 loses in a row to him now. He doesn't have the greatest of squads but he manages to manipulate the weaknesses in the opposition time after time after time. Animated on the touch line he becomes their 12th player. Pardew meanwhile stands there arms folded , occasionally giving it the smily face gesture, to 'protect' his players from the abuse aimed at him. When they scored there was nothing from him. Fucking nothing.

I could go on.

I live in Manchester and continue to go to both the home and away games when I can. I was down at Arsenal last week and saw us cave in to lose 4-1. I don't like us losing and it hurt but in a way it was accepted because of the week coming up (and the fact we'd just beaten Chelsea). Due to work I couldn't make it down on Wednesday but by all accounts that really hurt. Safe in the league, this was our chance to kick on and test ourselves. The performance was anything but. Then yesterday, our biggest league game of the season. The players had ground to make up for Wed, rested players were brought back in, the ground was rocking and, in amongst it all, we had 5 Geordies in the lineup. It still wasn't enough. The handicaps were restricting us and a late breakaway goal was highly predictable.

This was a massive week for us. A week that could have seen us jump on and show the club had intentions to actually push for something. For me the blame lies at Pardew's door. But 'who would come in' they say. Well any young manager would bite the hand off to work at Newcastle United. They'd get 50k shouting their name, they'd get state of the art training facilities, they'd get to pick their team from a squad of internationals. It's evident a large percentage want change but within this a large number are stopping the change, often siding with sympathisers rather than those actively fighting. This week has been a horror show but it's a horror show that keeps on being repeated. It wasn't a blip. November was the blip.

Took the risk of listening to the Guardian and Times podcasts this week to see if they'd criticise him. Ridiculous thought. Both lavished praise on him for "giving it a go". In a world where setting up at home in a derby with 8 defenders then throwing on all the strikers with ten minutes to go is having a go, I wish I were a sports media professional.

Times one finished by saying what a nice man he is and said the next derby is important for him.