NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

6 minutes ago, Checko said:

I agree, though I don't like the birdy badge on it personally. Birdy badge and yellow and green gives me Norwich City vibes! Could also just be a bit of a colour clash for me.

I'd adore it with a green NUFC logo from kit no 2.

Would love a silver kit in the future too 

47 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Unpopular opinion - don't think the sponsorless shirt looks good at all. I've had a few, but I do think they look like a hockey ref shirt more than anything.

I'd guess you're not alone considering half the posts I was catching up on were debating what classic sponsor should fill the blank space instead. :lol:

53 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Unpopular opinion - don't think the sponsorless shirt looks good at all. I've had a few, but I do think they look like a hockey ref shirt more than anything.

looks absolutely class on me

14 minutes ago, Big River said:

looks absolutely class on me

:lol: Same.

I’ve been waiting over fifteen years to find a cheap but official sponsorless shirt (and not one from China or wherever). I’m absolutely in love with it. 

Edited by cubaricho

Should have gone off-white or cream with a grandad collar and all. Don't know whether I love or hate the blue shorts. Simillar colour scheme to colour scheme we had in that season where Martins scored that thunderbastard against Spurs at White Hart Lane with Paul Huntington and Peter Ramage in our defence. Though we wore burgundy shorts for that particular match. Hooped socks would have been nice too.

Edited by nufcjb

3 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

Away kit needs off-white/cream shorts like.

It's really disappointing to be honest.

That third kit needs more green, perhaps the whole side panel. Either way that's still my favourite of the three. I do like the idea behind the away kit but it's been done before too recently to get me all that excited.

That white one is so bland and boring the only good thing about it is the difference badge. 

the away one looks good but they won’t beat the original so just seems like a poor copy 

I love the idea of the blue and maroon but I wish it was done in a more bespoke design.

For being the newest elite club at adidas, all three are pretty bland and unimaginative. 

Edited by cubaricho

Every year the same charade, kits get leaked, fans not happy, within a few weeks every fucker has one. :lol:

In the last 10 years, I don't think I've seen one positive review of an NUFC kit.

You lot are hard to please. 

15 minutes ago, STM said:

Every year the same charade, kits get leaked, fans not happy, within a few weeks every fucker has one. :lol:

In the last 10 years, I don't think I've seen one positive review of an NUFC kit.

IIRC everyone loved the 125 year kit Puma did (sponsor spoiling it aside)

Our best kit in years,that.

Edited by Kid Icarus

6 minutes ago, STM said:

There was wall-to-wall praise for this season's mind. 

You're right, we're always far too hasty either way, but I think there's a bit of disappointment at the realisation that - these days, with brands like Adidas and Nike, you don't get a Newcastle kit. You get the Adidas kit, in Newcastle colours. The templates are so pervasive now and next season's is pretty meh.

It's a pity if the 'fangs' can't be used as an opportunity for something unique for every team. Some of the international kits are using them for a bit of flair, and unique collar details too. For instance you could have a flicker of orange/white/blue on the fangs on the leaked away kit as a nod to the Brown Ale logo. As it stands it's just looking like a really bland, unadventurous and inferior copy.

Should wait for the real thing like you say but I simply can't resist.