AshleyOut.com

TK-421

Blown our chances of ever getting back to the PL? Howay man, we're not Bournemouth.

Course there's no guarantee of what the next owners will do. That is not a reason to stick with Ashley and you know it. How bad does it have to get before this will stop being put forward as a reason not to rock the boat?

And you keep saying the fans are depriving themselves of enjoyment. I packed in my ST two years ago and I haven't regretted it for a single second. What enjoyment have I missed in that time that would have been worth £2k to my household?

Blown our chances of ever getting back to the PL? Howay man, we're not Bournemouth.

Course there's no guarantee of what the next owners will do. That is not a reason to stick with Ashley and you know it. How bad does it have to get before this will stop being put forward as a reason not to rock the boat?

And you keep saying the fans are depriving themselves of enjoyment. I packed in my ST two years ago and I haven't regretted it for a single second. What enjoyment have I missed in that time that would have been worth £2k to my household?

I've been reading your posts since waaay before Ashley bought the club. You didn't seem to get much enjoyment out of it back then either.

:rolleyes: We can't all be the type of people who delude themselves that everything's briliant and absolutely insist that Steve McClaren is the perfect man for the job. I've generally been down on the club because we've been absolute shit for years, under both owners. Not sure why I should have to justify myself where that's concerned. FWIW I was a big supporter of Hughton and Keegan and the bloke you increasingly seem to want to keep around on a "better the devil you know" basis fucked them both off.

I've been reading your posts since waaay before Ashley bought the club. You didn't seem to get much enjoyment out of it back then either.

:rolleyes: We can't all be the type of people who delude themselves that everything's briliant and absolutely insist that Steve McClaren is the perfect man for the job. I've generally been down on the club because we've been absolute s*** for years, under both owners. Not sure why I should have to justify myself where that's concerned. FWIW I was a big supporter of Hughton and Keegan and the bloke you increasingly seem to want to keep around on a "better the devil you know" basis f***ed them both off.

I don't know how many times I have to say it. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST the notion of protesting.

I just personally believe that...

A) boycotting is the wrong way to go.

B) as I've said over and over again, maybe going for the "low hanging fruit"... More realistic protests, more realistic aims etc might be the way to go. If they work, then look into whether you can go further (or need to go further).

C) putting all your eggs into the notion that he'll pack up and leave if we don't go to the games for a bit seems a bit fanciful to me (based on all I've been told).

D) most importantly, don't fucking talk down about other supporters if they don't share your desire to stay away. Not everyone has fallen out of love with NUFC as you say you have.

Maybe not but from what I can hear when I watch the games, none of them seem in the slightest bit arsed about the state of the club. 90 minutes of either silence or mild grumbling and a boo at full time if they're still there. My advice to them would be to find themselves something better to do on a Saturday and it'll cleanse their conscience knowing they're not funding it. Certainly did for me.

If Rafa doesn't stay then boycotting is the right way to go in the Championship as it will be more effective because of the lack of TV revenue.

The only thing that hurts this man is in the pocket.

Guest antz1uk

If Rafa stays then it's the best outcome we could have possibly wanted apart from Ashley selling up, he isn't going to do that any time soon. I have had my say on not going and i'm loathed to support the current set up (Pre Benitez) however...

I spoke with my dad just last night, we used to have season tickets together for about 15 year then we both gave it up, partially as it was terrible, lost that connection along with gettingmarried, having the little one, work commitments and just generally other stuff that ended up making it not worth it. Well my son is now 15, loves going and for the first time since Ashley came in, my dad who absolutely despises him has said he'll get a season ticket if Rafa stays. That's good enough for me, for 3 generations of fans to go to the match again, father with his grandson, who in only a couple of years will be able to enjoy a pint before the match, proper bond and have some great football craic then i'm sold. And I was one of these that was/still is anti-Ashley. but this looks like it could be a chance for some major shift in change and hopefully a good journey back to the Premier league again. I enjoyed the championship last time and we should see more wins than losses so for me it's a no brainer.

If Rafa stays then it's the best outcome we could have possibly wanted apart from Ashley selling up, he isn't going to do that any time soon. I have had my say on not going and i'm loathed to support the current set up (Pre Benitez) however...

I spoke with my dad just last night, we used to have season tickets together for about 15 year then we both gave it up, partially as it was terrible, lost that connection along with gettingmarried, having the little one, work commitments and just generally other stuff that ended up making it not worth it. Well my son is now 15, loves going and for the first time since Ashley came in, my dad who absolutely despises him has said he'll get a season ticket if Rafa stays. That's good enough for me, for 3 generations of fans to go to the match again, father with his grandson, who in only a couple of years will be able to enjoy a pint before the match, proper bond and have some great football craic then i'm sold. And I was one of these that was/still is anti-Ashley. but this looks like it could be a chance for some major shift in change and hopefully a good journey back to the Premier league again. I enjoyed the championship last time and we should see more wins than losses so for me it's a no brainer.

I have to agree with this - it's very much a cut-your-losses situation.

I think that yes Ashley is public enemy no.1, but with Rafa we've got a chance of enjoying ourselves again.

Guest antz1uk

Completely get that. I just fear another false dawn for the obvious reasons. Nothing comes of being under Mike Ashley.

I know, even as I write it, sign for a season ticket.. I can feel myself thinking.... he's just going to beat me up again  :lol: :(

Completely get that. I just fear another false dawn for the obvious reasons. Nothing comes of being under Mike Ashley.

I know, even as I write it, sign for a season ticket.. I can feel myself thinking.... he's just going to beat me up again  :lol: :(

ffs :lol: Rafa is basically like a new watch..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrgejyS7u3zb6NghOueaaqDUf-OoC-fHPgXgDKyo2jGmy4OgfM5w

"It's alright love, I love you, see I bought you a new watch"

Guest neesy111

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-57/

Rangers have terminated the agreement with Ashley's IP subsidiary company.

After the announcement Sport Direct Sports Direct Shares have crashed in the last hour.

Down 6.80 per share (1.83%).

On a personal level, due to his shareholding, Ashley has lost over £25million this morning.

Shame.

1.83% is not crashed ffs.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-57/

Rangers have terminated the agreement with Ashley's IP subsidiary company.

After the announcement Sport Direct Sports Direct Shares have crashed in the last hour.

Down 6.80 per share (1.83%).

On a personal level, due to his shareholding, Ashley has lost over £25million this morning.

Shame.

CRIPPLING stock market crash there

He absolutely will.

But everyone will have been placated by the Rafa move, so it'll buy him a few more years before he has to do something to get people back on side. Rejoice.

He absolutely will.

But everyone will have been placated by the Rafa move, so it'll buy him a few more years before he has to do something to get people back on side. Rejoice.

It's always been about what happens on the pitch for the majority of the fans. If Rafa's had to bite the bullet and finally appoint someone who's qualified to manage a club of this stature, then only the hardcore campaigners will have an issue with it. Because if Rafa stays, he's not going to sign up to finish mid-table. He'll demand the resources to challenge for honours, and at the end of the day that's all we have ever really wanted. Maybe Ashley will be stupid enough to mess Rafa around which will lead to him leaving. I don't see why though, there's enough money around in football these days for a club like this to be up there challenging, especially with a top class manager in charge.

:lol:  Still can't get my head around how people are queuing up for season tickets after he got us relegated again.  He's a genius (and a massive c***).

Once everyone has renewed, Neil Warnock will be unveiled wearing a crown.

He absolutely will.

It's always been about what happens on the pitch for the majority of the fans. If Rafa's had to bite the bullet and finally appoint someone who's qualified to manage a club of this stature, then only the hardcore campaigners will have an issue with it. Because if Rafa stays, he's not going to sign up to finish mid-table. He'll demand the resources to challenge for honours, and at the end of the day that's all we have ever really wanted. Maybe Ashley will be stupid enough to mess Rafa around which will lead to him leaving. I don't see why though, there's enough money around in football these days for a club like this to be up there challenging, especially with a top class manager in charge.

What Rafa signs up for, and what actually happens, will most likely be very different things.

Guest Julie Anderton

He absolutely will.

What Rafa signs up for, and what actually happens, will most likely be very different things.

"Not like in the brochure"  Who said that again? 

If we get Rafa to stay then i'd hope they'd at least wait and see what happens.  However this goes down we should be behind him 100% so forget the boycotts and protests and shit and try and be positive.

There may have been a sea change at our club, there may not have been.  A fuckload of negativity won't help either way.

I'd love Ashley to sell up and piss off but give this a chance first, at least, before we go getting the bedsheets out.

ffs :lol: Rafa is basically like a new watch..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrgejyS7u3zb6NghOueaaqDUf-OoC-fHPgXgDKyo2jGmy4OgfM5w

"It's alright love, I love you, see I bought you a new watch"

:lol: