FIFA World Cup: 2030 hosts confirmed as Spain/Portugal/Morocco & Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay

Noodles

2 hours ago, OCK said:

Black market booze empire to the rescue. Also Qatar have played a blinder here. [emoji38]

How is lying about what they would be willing to tolerate “playing a blinder”. To me that’s just being an intolerant bunch of lying backward cunts. . . .

58 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

How is lying about what they would be willing to tolerate “playing a blinder”. To me that’s just being an intolerant bunch of lying backward cunts. . . .

Qatar have played FIFA like muppets. 

42 minutes ago, OCK said:

Qatar have played FIFA like muppets. 

Hardly a web of intrigue is it? Payed off members of poorer countries for their vote, told the world they’d allow booze and an inclusive atmosphere and then renegaded on in it all the week before the tournament. FIFA have been complicit, they haven’t been played at all, they’ve been wilful participants.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: I'd probably be more annoyed that my only beer option was Budwifer than no beer option at all. 

I mean it’ll be a slew of beers that ABInBev own. Not just ol’ Bud Heavy. :lol: 

Edited by cubaricho

4 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Tbf of all the things wrong with hosting a world cup in Qatar not serving overpriced pisswater in the grounds at the last minute is basically bottom of the list. 

Yeah, I mean inside the stadiums is really not a big deal. In Spanish football you can't buy a beer inside the ground either, but at least if a World Cup was there, they would be less likely to use practically slave labour, who risk death, to build the ground you can't buy beer in.

What kind of police state shit are we going to see if England fans kick off like? To be honest, I don’t mind if some absolute dickheads have to do a bit of time behind bars but there’s going to be some horrible stories coming out over the next month. Fucking pathetic FIFA slugs 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

What kind of police state shit are we going to see if England fans kick off like? To be honest, I don’t mind if some absolute dickheads have to do a bit of time behind bars but there’s going to be some horrible stories coming out over the next month. Fucking pathetic FIFA slugs 

Oh yeah that golf cart is gonna swoop up on you real fucking quick if you kick off mate [emoji38]

Kidding aside, fully expecting some fans won't make it back from this, seems crazy that anyone is even going.

They’ve back-pedalled on loads of stuff over the last six months or so - as they were always likely to do.  The issue with this one is that it directly hits FIFA - Budweiser will be pissing blood about it.

I’ve little sympathy for those over there - if you were going to this WC and treating it like a jolly, more fool you.

The quicker this is over the better.  The whole thing just seems like a massive damp squib. 

31 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

They’ve back-pedalled on loads of stuff over the last six months or so - as they were always likely to do.  The issue with this one is that it directly hits FIFA - Budweiser will be pissing blood about it.

I’ve little sympathy for those over there - if you were going to this WC and treating it like a jolly, more fool you.

The quicker this is over the better.  The whole thing just seems like a massive damp squib. 

100% agree, apparently Fifa made Brazil change their laws to allow alcohol to be served in their stadiums but Qatar are all powerful these days and have such a hold over the executives it's so corrupt, it wouldn't surprise me if there is an incident and this world cup doesn't finish 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

You could argue that way more people realise that Budweiser is a sponsor after this little debacle mind. 

But yeah this whole event has a real Fyre festival feel about it.

Fifa president Gianni Infantino has accused the West of "hypocrisy" in its reporting about Qatar's human rights record on the eve of the World Cup.

Infantino opened by saying: "Today I have strong feelings. Today I feel Qatari, I feel Arab, I feel African, I feel gay, I feel disabled, I feel a migrant worker."

Infantino said: "I am European. For what we have been doing for 3,000 years around the world, we should be apologising for the next 3,000 years before giving moral lessons.

"If Europe really care about the destiny of these people, they can create legal channels - like Qatar did - where a number of these workers can come to Europe to work. Give them some future, some hope.

"I have difficulties understanding the criticism. We have to invest in helping these people, in education and to give them a better future and more hope. We should all educate ourselves, many things are not perfect but reform and change takes time.

"This one-sided moral lesson is just hypocrisy. I wonder why no-one recognises the progress made here since 2016.

"It is not easy to take the critics of a decision that was made 12 years ago. Qatar is ready, it will be the best World Cup ever.

"I don't have to defend Qatar, they can defend themselves. I defend football."

:lol: :lol: