Charlie Austin

HawK

Guest firetotheworks

It's 2015, £15m is not a ridiculous valuation for a 25 year old English Striker that's just scored 18 in 38 for QPR in the Premier League. It's just not, it's the going price.

It is if he's potentially a one season wonder. Don't think I've seen anything from him to suggest he could be a consistently top level player.

Also the English premium doesn't mean he's worth that.

You're right it doesn't, but it does mean that it's the going rate.

Not really when it's his only season in the PL and he is out of contract next summer and the team that is selling him just got relegated

The only thing of note there is his contract, in which case yeah £15m is too much, but them being relegated and it only being one season doesn't really make much difference.

The relegation doeant, but there have been alot of atrikers who have scored alot in one season in the Prem then never repeated it.

Yeah, but the point I'm making is that they've generally gone for decent money and there being players who've had one good season and then never repeated it doesn't seem to have affected the premium in price.

It's 2015, £15m is not a ridiculous valuation for a 25 year old English Striker that's just scored 18 in 38 for QPR in the Premier League. It's just not, it's the going price.

It is if he's potentially a one season wonder. Don't think I've seen anything from him to suggest he could be a consistently top level player.

Not really when it's his only season in the PL and he is out of contract next summer and the team that is selling him just got relegated

The only thing of note there is his contract, in which case yeah £15m is too much, but them being relegated and it only being one season doesn't really make much difference.

The relegation doeant, but there have been alot of atrikers who have scored alot in one season in the Prem then never repeated it.

Yeah, but the point I'm making is that they've generally gone for decent money and there being players who've had one good season and then never repeated it doesn't seem to have affected the premium in price.

I think it does, if he had 3 seasons in the prem with a 1  in 2 record he would be 25-30 Million

Guest firetotheworks

I think it does, if he had 3 seasons in the prem with a 1  in 2 record he would be 25-30 Million

:lol: Anah, well again that's the point, Austin's had one and it's 15 million.

QPR fancy themselves as some sort of tough guys. They'll leave it too late and end up having to accept much less, or have to keep him, with him in a massive sulk.

they need the cash with the football leagues financial fair play rules, easy to play tough now but when the fine hits for the last time they were down there then their tune might change quite a bit.

There's no way we will be paying 15m for any player, let alone Austin.

I think our reports of 12m sound likely but I think we've sounded out three or four.

Austin, Deeney, Mitrovic, Dost and of course a couple we aren't award of. In the end, it will come down to what we perceive to be value for money.

Which is code for the cheapest. If it's Dost for 9 or Austin for 12+, well we know how it ends. Of course, there is a whole host of other possibilities. One being that we will f*** around too long and be left with no options.

f*** knows why, but I think we'll break our transfer record this window. Just a feeling. Probably on somebody who turns out to be completely s*** though.

What's your transfer record? 16m for Owen?

There's no way we will be paying 15m for any player, let alone Austin.

I think our reports of 12m sound likely but I think we've sounded out three or four.

Austin, Deeney, Mitrovic, Dost and of course a couple we aren't award of. In the end, it will come down to what we perceive to be value for money.

Which is code for the cheapest. If it's Dost for 9 or Austin for 12+, well we know how it ends. Of course, there is a whole host of other possibilities. One being that we will f*** around too long and be left with no options.

f*** knows why, but I think we'll break our transfer record this window. Just a feeling. Probably on somebody who turns out to be completely s*** though.

What's your transfer record? 16m for Owen?

Owen aye, 17m rings a bell

Just left my work conference where QPR'S community trust CEO was guest speaker. Took chance to ask him after if Austin will end up with us, he said there has been no bids at all for him, only contact from all the club's mentioned.

Also said he isn't really that good but keeps proving people wrong, slow, poor touch and link up play but keeps scoring!

I saw the video of his goals and he doesn't really look very elegant, his goals are mostly close range and he looks quite ponderous. Still, he does look like he sniffs out the chances, definitely a goal scorer in there, whether he's good enough to keep scoring at this level is still a doubt. He looks like a Fletcher from Sunderland sort of striker. Doesn't look good but has scored goals.

He's close to 85Kg, putting him in the big man category where elegance usually isn't part of the package. However, according to squawka, his shot accuracy and chance conversion rates are very high, backing up the idea that he can't be clumsy and did well to score so many for such a poor team.

We should see an improvement under McClaren, especially compared to Carver, but chance creation hasn't exactly been our forte of late. As with Papiss, we need someone who can make the most of what little we give him. In that sense, Austin would be a good signing.

Ryder says we should find out if we are going to sign Austin in the next fortnight !!!!

We are going a bit too quick for my liking, moar monitoring needed!

Aye - there is no need to rush like.

We'll find out before the end of the window, or earlier if he signs for someone else. Ryder is a cunt.

You just don't like him because he pushed in front of you in the queue at the pub and took the last packet of Nobby's nuts.

We'll find out before the end of the window, or earlier if he signs for someone else. Ryder is a cunt.

You just don't like him because he pushed in front of you in the queue at the pub and took the last packet of Nobby's nuts.

This is half true.

Guest Howaythetoon

£15m for Austin is a lot of money, but equivalent to the £6m we paid for Sir Les 20 years ago. I.e. The going rate.

£15m for Austin is a lot of money, but equivalent to the £6m we paid for Sir Les 20 years ago. I.e. The going rate.

Comparatively it's far, far, far less. At that point the tv money for the whole league combined was less than the bottom place gets now and the world transfer record was £13m for Lentini (which was still considered to be a staggering amount), 6m was the equivalent of about £30-40m in today's money.