Charlie Austin

HawK

The more sides that say they aren't interested, the more you have to question the source of these rumours.

Surely we must be clear front runners now?

Tabloids =  writingabsoluteshitetosellpapers

I just don't know why Southampton would want him, having already got Pelle, Long, Rodriguez and Juanmi. That's all I'm pinning my hopes on.

Crazy bastards, adding depth to their squad. It's almost like they're trying to compete.

Newcastle have yet to make a formal offer to QPR but believe a bid in the region of £12m will get their man.

McClaren had hoped to have made a breakthrough in the transfer market by now but has found it harder than first thought to make his first signing.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/449588/EXCLUSIVE-Newcastle-offer-Charlie-Austin-iconic-No-9-shirt-convince-him-sign

Aye, it's normally hard to get players when you're not even bidding ffs!

Guest Gino14

McClaren's big challenge, getting our tight ass owner to part with any money.  Many have tried, all up to now have pretty much failed.

Guest Roger Kint

Newcastle have yet to make a formal offer to QPR but believe a bid in the region of £12m will get their man.

McClaren had hoped to have made a breakthrough in the transfer market by now but has found it harder than first thought to make his first signing.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/449588/EXCLUSIVE-Newcastle-offer-Charlie-Austin-iconic-No-9-shirt-convince-him-sign

Kind of Murtagh to lump the fans in with the blame for last season

It is what I expect the club to brief journalists with when questions are asked about any failure in the transfer market.  It will be blamed on the fans unrest last season and the lack of season ticket renewals.

Murtagh's a mackem though.

He used to be the mackem version of Lee Ryder for The Journal and Chronicle for years.

It's the fucking daily star man :lol: Wouldn't even wrap my fish and chips in the cunt!

They could at least have said we were prepared to bid £8m to make it more believable. £12m FFS. Fucking amateurs.

As if I needed another reason to hate the guardian. From their transfer rumour round up today.

"Newcastle hope that offering Charlie Austin the No9 shirt could be the key incentive that will make the striker choose to go to St James’ Park. And if that doesn’t work, maybe the club will throw in a biscuit or a shiny sticker album, too."

Fucking communist arse rag.

As if I needed another reason to hate the guardian. From their transfer rumour round up today.

"Newcastle hope that offering Charlie Austin the No9 shirt could be the key incentive that will make the striker choose to go to St James’ Park. And if that doesn’t work, maybe the club will throw in a biscuit or a shiny sticker album, too."

f***ing communist arse rag.

:lol: :lol: fuck off man

Got a point TBF.  Why would 'our famous no.9 shirt' mean jack shit to a modern footballer?  In fact, why should it mean anything to anyone who's not from the area or a fan?

I see it mentioned all the time and I think it's a bit embarrassing TBH.

Got a point TBF.  Why would 'our famous no.9 shirt' mean jack shit to a modern footballer?  In fact, why should it mean anything to anyone who's not from the area or a fan?

I see it mentioned all the time and I think it's a bit embarrassing TBH.

Not sure about that like, I know footballers are quite mercenary in general but there are still some things in the game that mean something. I'm not saying it means the best players in the world are queuing up to sign for us, but it's nice.

I think in most cases it would mean fuck all but probably not with Austin as he clearly hold Shearer in a very positive light! Otherwise, I agree! All they care about is money and if they are any good, winning things in a top team (with even more money).  History, shirt numbers and former players mean far less now in the sky fuelled greed years.

I bet if it were the Mail people would be foaming mind :lol:

"Illegal migrant worker Papiss Cisse gave Princess Diana Ebola"

:lol:

As opposed to "Champion of the beautiful tradition of polygamy, Papiss Cisse, on spitting at white Devil Jonny Evans, eating organic quinoa and how it's all Israels fault"

:cheesy: :lol: