England

Yorkie

Guest Cheesy Beans

World Cup campaign rode on luck until we played a decent team and went out.

:thup:

100%

The players were also in a bit of a purple patch at the time.

Well I don't agree with that at all. We've had English squads in good form in the past, and it still go to shit at the respective tournament. We did well at the World Cup, beat who we needed to (including a penna shootout), and were rightly beaten by a better team in the semi. Then we battering-rammed our way through Euros qualification. Some good performances in the Nations League, too. Won in Spain and should have won in Holland had it not been for a naff VAR decision.

He might not be a master tactician but he carries himself brilliantly and has - on the whole - ensured that a very talented squad has at least functioned at the sum of its parts. Plenty reputable managers have failed to achieve that with England.

The team has loads of potential and Southgate has absolutely earned the right to take them into the tournament he helped them qualify for.

:lol:

Southgate is inevitably shit. But he's had them playing better than anyone else in the last 25 years, and the squad definitely isn't as good. They'll fall apart eventually, but he's gonna be here for another couple of years at least, and rightly so.

Good post.

He’s definitely a limited manager. No question. But seemingly international football suits him, and he’s the beneficiary of a more coherent plan with regards to player development which has seen some decent talent come through at the same time.

Whatever the circumstances, he’s at least carried himself well and has brought back a bit of decency to the position after some absolute shit/mercenary cunts have had the job.

Are ITV taking the fucking piss?

I’ve been at work all night, I was going to watch the highlights which are on ITV after the news, and they show the goal in the news preview.

That’s what you get for watching ITV.

Are ITV taking the f***ing p*ss?

I’ve been at work all night, I was going to watch the highlights which are on ITV after the news, and they show the goal in the news preview.

That’s what you get for watching ITV.

Yep. Only got yourself to blame there Stif.