England

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: There's at least 4 Germans who turn and celebrate and carry on without realising. 

The purple person has their head in their hands in the run-up though :lol:

4 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

The usual suspects getting their knickers in a twist because England fans booed the German anthem and laughed at a crying girl I see.

Some absolute dangers trying to give the lass £500 anarl. 

On 29/06/2021 at 22:53, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:
On 29/06/2021 at 22:41, Wullie said:
On 29/06/2021 at 22:25, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

For pretty much 75 minutes we rarely had 3 players around the box. The first time we had 3+ players attacking the box we scored. Then again, I get the composed, professional performance but I dont think it was necessarily our performance that meant we were so comfy at the back. It's not like the back 7 were outsanding.

Maybe I just want more from this team given the talent everyone is so excited about. Personally I'm more annoyed we havent played our flair players more in the tournament than pleased I am we haven't conceded. Suppose it's the investment. If Newcaste (post Bruce) played 7 defensive players and only looked to meaningfully attack in the last 15 minutes and win 2-0 to get to the next round of Europe of something I'd be ecstatic. Today I'm just meh. I think we easily have the potential to be so much better. Based on how easy those 2 goals were I feel like we could have won that 5-0 if we'd pushed them back for longer. I want that kind of attitude from the top down. Maybe Im expecting too much. 

There's just no evidence that sort of approach wins tournaments. You can probably count the number of winning international teams that were entertaining in even half their games on one hand. I know what you're saying - I spent the last few weeks of the season moaning about how unwatchable I found Chelsea, where Tuchel also plays with 8 defenders - but in cups, conservatism bloody works.

Fair. I do really want the likes of Foden, Grealish, Sancho, Saka etc to really shine and cement places as quality England players and look to build on that for years to come. Rather than Rice, Phillips and 5 mainly average defenders (James and TAA aside). Probably being selfish. I just think imagine getting a team with those young players to really click and actually be contenders for the next World Cup. Breeze through WC qualifying beating everyone rather than watching us play 2 DMs against San Marino. We could be really mint. We missed that chance in the 00s with the quality we had. Its not like we didnt win owt back then because of all the attacking we did. 

:pokerface:

9 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: I still think that, but I also understand the need to manage games, game time, confidence and fatigue. I still wouldnt say me thinking that is akin to finding them boring. Or Greece 2004.

I don't get the hate for Greece, they did a complete tactical masterclass in qualifying and the tournament. They were boring to watch though, but they won the thing. You guys are utilizing a similar tactic as them but with better players. It's a good tactic to use to win matches.

You can't both do that and play very entertaining football though. 

Edited by Kaizero