Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

Can barely believe some of the comments in here. Guy was first choice midfield player for a WC semi finalist four years ago, was sold by us for 25m two years back, contested in a Champions League final barely two months ago and at 27 is just hitting his prime, yet some wouldn’t have him back on a free. :lol:

Rumour is nonsense of course, and he’s no world beater by any measure, but we’ll do very well to sign better players than him this summer imo.

He's improved a lot under Klopp. Think he'd improve us, played consistently for them last season.

He hasn't improved man.

Milner jumped him in midfield as did Ox when he came in.

There's a reason Klopp has gone and bought two central midfielders as soon as the season's ended.

This guy is not good.

Yeah. It's fine not to want him because of the circumstances last time, but to say he's shite is a different matter.

Wasn't he a fairly important player for Klopp? I suppose with Fabinho and Keita coming in, someone has to go and he's maybe decided it's Wijnaldum and Can. But a better team will sign him.

Yeah. It's fine not to want him because of the circumstances last time, but to say he's shite is a different matter.

Wasn't he a fairly important player for Klopp? I suppose with Fabinho and Keita coming in, someone has to go and he's maybe decided it's Wijnaldum and Can. But a better team will sign him.

No he was not important man!

The midfield was Hendo, Milner and Ox.

He really only played when he first came in and then once he was sussed he only played when everyone else was injured.

This is killing me guys. He isn't good.

We played him at number 10 and he didn't produce. Tried him wide and he didn't produce, played him in central midfield and he didn't produce.

He never did anything.

If Rafa wants him back I'm all for it. I don't understand why so many people get upset by plauyers we're linked with. Surely if Rafa wants them that should be good enough for us?

If Rafa wants him back I'm all for it. I don't understand why so many people get upset by plauyers we're linked with. Surely if Rafa wants them that should be good enough for us?

Is the correct answer.

In talks with Liverpool over a potential return to the club here. Whether it's a loan or permanent deal, i have no idea.

Strange one this, he was part of the problem of being relegated but with proper coaching who knows what would have happened. Ideal no.10, Perez to play more of a forward role this season. He can finish if given chances..

Loves Tribal Football this lad.

I’m sure he’d benefit from having Shelvey and Qi/Diame behind him rather than Colback and Anita. One of my favourite goals in a long while was one of Shelvey’s early games where he pinged one 60 yards to Janmaat, Gini was straight away on his bike into the box and finishing off a great cross. Thought we were on to something for a brief few games anyway. :lol:

Odin just posted this then never posted again

In talks with Liverpool over a potential return to the club here. Whether it's a loan or permanent deal, i have no idea.

Strange one this, he was part of the problem of being relegated but with proper coaching who knows what would have happened. Ideal no.10, Perez to play more of a forward role this season. He can finish if given chances..

tumblr_nbjxk0osXU1terwlso1_400.gif

This was his goals record in 2015/2016 :

August

1 vs Southampton at home - 2-2 draw, scored to make us 2-1 up then we conceded (Televised 1.30pm kickoff)

September

1 vs Chelsea at home - 2-2 draw, scored to make us 2-0 up then we conceded 2 (Televised 5.30pm kickoff)

October

4 vs Norwhich - 6-2 win, rout of a team that played completely kamikaze football (Televised 4.00pm kickoff)

December

1 vs Liverpool - 2-0 win, second goal scored in injury time of the second half (Televised 4.00pm kickoff)

January

1 vs Manchester United - 3-3 draw, scored the first goal of a 0-3 to 3-3 comeback (Televised 7.45pm kickoff)

1 vs West Ham United - 2-1 win, scored the second to put us 2-0 up before they got one back (Not televised)

May

2 vs Tottenham Hotspur - 5-1 win, scored the first and a penalty against a team already on holiday (Not televised?)

I don't see how you can analyse the above in any way apart from that he turned up when we were on TV so he got showcase his 'talents'. At best his goals counted for 5 points - the 2 draws at the start of the season, and what ended up being the winning goal vs West Ham. He only scored one of his 11 goals when we were already down, and that was against Manchester United everyone thought it was a lost cause at 0-3.

Assists? Shelvey and Mitro both had 5 too, he was hardly the team's sole creative outlet. He couldn't be bothered to raise his game and put 10% more in for one of the best managers we've had in the last 30 years. Why anyone would want him back after seeing him 'perform' in a black and white shirt already is mind boggling. The purest definition of a player treating a club as a stepping stone as I've ever seen, he really did not care at all and we could have done without him for another player that may have actually done more for us in terms of points won than individual goals records scored when it didn't matter.

This was his goals record in 2015/2016 :

August

1 vs Southampton at home - 2-2 draw, scored to make us 2-1 up then we conceded (Televised 1.30pm kickoff)

September

1 vs Chelsea at home - 2-2 draw, scored to make us 2-0 up then we conceded 2 (Televised 5.30pm kickoff)

October

4 vs Norwhich - 6-2 win, rout of a team that played completely kamikaze football (Televised 4.00pm kickoff)

December

1 vs Liverpool - 2-0 win, second goal scored in injury time of the second half (Televised 4.00pm kickoff)

January

1 vs Manchester United - 3-3 draw, scored the first goal of a 0-3 to 3-3 comeback (Televised 7.45pm kickoff)

1 vs West Ham United - 2-1 win, scored the second to put us 2-0 up before they got one back (Not televised)

May

2 vs Tottenham Hotspur - 5-1 win, scored the first and a penalty against a team already on holiday (Not televised?)

I don't see how you can analyse the above in any way apart from that he turned up when we were on TV so he got showcase his 'talents'. At best his goals counted for 5 points - the 2 draws at the start of the season, and what ended up being the winning goal vs West Ham. He only scored one of his 11 goals when we were already down, and that was against Manchester United everyone thought it was a lost cause at 0-3.

Assists? Shelvey and Mitro both had 5 too, he was hardly the team's sole creative outlet. He couldn't be bothered to raise his game and put 10% more in for one of the best managers we've had in the last 30 years. Why anyone would want him back after seeing him 'perform' in a black and white shirt already is mind boggling. The purest definition of a player treating a club as a stepping stone as I've ever seen, he really did not care at all and we could have done without him for another player that may have actually done more for us in terms of points won than individual goals records scored when it didn't matter.

I get where you're coming from, but as a loan I would be willing to take a crack at it if we could get 11 goals from him.