Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

Guest neesy111

Might be the most embarrassing goal we have ever conceded.

Steven Taylor sniper.

:lol: Probably the most embarrassing NUFC match in living memory.

60 minutes in 0-0 and we should really had been winning.  Then all hell happened.

They were 0-1 up after 5 minutes. http://www.nufc.com/html/2005-04-02astonvilla-h.html

:lol:

:facepalm:

Think I'm thinking off a different 0-3 defeat.

Seem to remember Bramble inexplicably smashing the ball off Solano, straight into our net at Upton Park.

As for Darlow, I'm surprised by him. He looked a lot more confident six weeks ago. That was terrible tonight. Still have high hopes for him though. He just needs to wise up. Wouldnt be dropping him.

Guest neesy111

Bramble clattering into Woodgate allowing Liverpool to score is one that comes to my mind all the time.  Woodgate gave him a right dodgy stare after it.

Bramble clattering into Woodgate allowing Liverpool to score is one that comes to my mind all the time.  Woodgate gave him a right dodgy stare after it.

and let's not forget Xabi Alonzo scoring from beyond midfield as Harper slips...

Every keeper makes a horrendous rick like last night at some point, so I'm not gonna worry too much (yet). The options if he drops him are Sels (flapper) or Elliott who hasn't played at all this season, so better to stick with Darlow than potentially knock his confidence.

But having watched the incident again, Lascelles is also culpible for the resulting goal... he is alongside Jerome, then as Darlow slices it, he stops and Jerome is away for the tap in. If he stays with him, he has a chance to get there and clear/block it and/or tackle Jerome.

It's been coming, he's been making errors all season just they've rarely lead to goals.

I was angry at the time but looking back, the howler last night doesn't worry me. Chances are he won't do that again in the rest of his career. It's bits like the first goal, what on earth he's doing there I'll never know. Needs a serious kick up the arse.

Every keeper makes a horrendous rick like last night at some point, so I'm not gonna worry too much (yet). The options if he drops him are Sels (flapper) or Elliott who hasn't played at all this season, so better to stick with Darlow than potentially knock his confidence.

But having watched the incident again, Lascelles is also culpible for the resulting goal... he is alongside Jerome, then as Darlow slices it, he stops and Jerome is away for the tap in. If he stays with him, he has a chance to get there and clear/block it and/or tackle Jerome.

Come on you cant blame Lascelles for that incident. He did the right thing when he blocked the striker so that Darlow would have a easy job to clear the ball. Noone would expect the keeper to miss there and the whole blame is on Darlow for that goal..

Come on you cant blame Lascelles for that incident. He did the right thing when he blocked the striker so that Darlow would have a easy job to clear the ball. Noone would expect the keeper to miss there and the whole blame is on Darlow for that goal..

Lascelles lost the aerial duel with Jerome in the first place and nobody bothered to get behind and cover the keepers back.

Lascelles lost the aerial duel with Jerome in the first place and nobody bothered to get behind and cover the keepers back.

Lacelles did lose the duel but you're not going to win them all especially with a strong striker on your back and no one went behind to cover because they all expected him to do what any professional keeper would do and clear your god damn lines. It was a total schoolboy error from Darlow something you could forgive a under 11s player for doing but not a full grown, paid professional footballer. It was a howler.

He's fairly poor at the moment like. He's got away with a lot of mistakes this season. Probably no better than Elliot like

I still quite like Darlow tbh, he tries to command his area and come for the crosses, and he's a decent shot stopper. I think on balance a keeper like that is preferable to one who stays on his line and makes less obvious mistakes as a result.

He's fairly poor at the moment like. He's got away with a lot of mistakes this season. Probably no better than Elliot like

He's definitely better than Elliot.

Darlow is a better shot stopper but Elliot made less mistakes last season