Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

I mean, even that was horrendous keeping. :lol:

Nearly carried the ball out of the box, gave their striker the ball and then was lucky not to concede a penalty. 

One of his better days.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I mean, even that was horrendous keeping. :lol:

Nearly carried the ball out of the box, gave their striker the ball and then was lucky not to concede a penalty. 

It's why I could never give credence to the whole 'great shot stopper though' argument. Always felt like those great stops were usually a result of his own fuck ups putting him in that position in the first place. :lol:

He was a clear upgrade on Sels in the Championship season and that was it, but the mistakes he made in the Premier League he was still making down there (that airkick at Norwich to let Cameron Jerome score man). :lol:

Not convinced we'd have pulled away from relegation with him and Elliot, the difference between those two and Dubravka when he came in was huge. 

Any fee we get for him is simply free money. He's offering nothing to this squad and he's not even the 'safe pair of hands' cliche any longer, he's much more of a liability now. He wasn't always shit and was adequate for a season or 2 but he's looked like he needs a fresh start somewhere, seems a canny enough bloke, good pro etc. No loss on the playing side of things though and more money coming in, it's all good

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He was a clear upgrade on Sels in the Championship season and that was it, but the mistakes he made in the Premier League he was still making down there (that airkick at Norwich to let Cameron Jerome score man). :lol:

Not convinced we'd have pulled away from relegation with him and Elliot, the difference between those two and Dubravka when he came in was huge. 

Sels is up there with one of the worst players I've ever seen play more than once or twice for us.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

As far as keepers go when we were really rubbish Steve Hardwick and Kevin Carr looked like Sunday morning pub keepers. All set to go to the club and play bingo, watch strippers and drink LCL for the rest of the day.

And, then there’s Mike Hooper.

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

We need to redact the past couple of pages, wait, the thread. Just in case anyone from Bournemouth read it. We need this to go through.

I have faith - it’ll go through like the ball goes through darlows hands.

will always be thankful to Karl for getting my daughter into footie.

never an interest but because of his handsomeness she asked for season ticket!

she's still going home and away with me and her brothers even now at 18.

Limited player, like so many under our limited ownership and managers over the years, was probably all we could attract at the time, seems to want to continue his career instead of picking up free money to clock in 9-5 and do nothing like some others so good luck, thanks for trying your part in one of the worst periods in history for the club.

A couple of quid in the bank and another free locker at the training ground.

18 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

How reliable is Alex Crook? He seems to divide opinion.

He’s far more in the Romano ‘comment when it’s nearly done’ than in the Ornstein bracket of transfer breakers. He also comes across as an insufferable dick on TalkSport.

14 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Sels is up there with one of the worst players I've ever seen play more than once or twice for us.

Erld crisp packet hands Alnwick was also dreadful.

28 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Classic

He fucking hates us, always got a face like a smacked arse when talking about us. He's also bet Jim white a grand that villa finish above us. 

Edited by et tu brute

3 hours ago, MagMal said:

Limited player, like so many under our limited ownership and managers over the years, was probably all we could attract at the time, seems to want to continue his career instead of picking up free money to clock in 9-5 and do nothing like some others so good luck, thanks for trying your part in one of the worst periods in history for the club.

A couple of quid in the bank and another free locker at the training ground.

Lots of interesting thoughts, seems like he isn't that rated by many on here.

For what it's worth, he'd only be picking up a pay packet with us as well. He won't be anywhere near challenging Neto for the number one spot, he made such an impact last season after displacing Travers that he finished the season as captain. He'll be at best backup and may be even third choice which is why the £5m fee made no sense. If it's about £1m then maybe, since Travers looks set to move on to the Championship. I'm hoping he goes on loan for a year rather than a permanent deal, which would have this making more sense. In 12 months Rudolph is out of contract so Travers would return as our number two and Darlow then be number three.