Newcastle United vs Arsenal - Saturday 29th August 12:45pm (BT Sport 1)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

also Anita-Tiote-Colback would be the worst midfield we've named in years

You do realise we had a midfield of Ryan Taylor, Gouffran, Abeid and Colback with Anita at left back a mere 4 months ago, right?

"Momo Sissoko was injured last weekend but should return on the right - he’s excellent at driving forward on the counter-attack - while the left winger should be Gabriel Obertan, more of a classic, tricky winger who dribbles past full-backs. He’ll look to supply Newcastle’s centre forward with crosses: the fiery Alexander Mitrovic started at Manchester United, but regular goalscorer Papiss Cisse seems more likely to lead the line this Saturday.

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/features/20150827/scouting-report-newcastle-v-arsenal#qCtJdmi9tgC0R4dD.99"

From their website. certainly hope that they are stupid enough to believe thats the Sissoko we have and that Obertan and Cisse will start :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michael Cox = Zonal Marking. You would think he would know better.

I could really see us winning this one; and I feel no fear saying that as nobody listens to me anyway, least of all the capricious Lord of Jinx.

If we do succeed I confidently predict that MotD will offer Arsenal injuries as an explanation.

There's a new thread emerging here, midfield stars/or even performances you've particularly 'enjoyed'. Whilst I liked Roy Aitken, and Kevin Brock in the main, those two and Billy Askew against the Makems at St James' 1990 was a particular highlight for me.... only eclipsed by our own fans incompetence: invading the pitch and snapping a crossbar, when  the game was already lost.

Pffffff... 4:45am for me. Also getting up for it just like the Man U game.

Fair play mate, our foreign supporters are probably more hardcore than alot.  I would not get up at that time on a saturday to watch us. Though that may be be because of the dross we have had the last few years.

Kinda allowed to get myself excited for this, thinking we'll give it a good game.

It's going to be a repeat of swansea isn't it?  :(

Feel the same mate. Hope a positive team selection keeps the enthusiasm going; even if it looks a bit defensive in a 'the house praises the builder' way, I suspect I'll stay excited for as long as it doesn't evolve into a spanking. Love the thought of our fans/toonmates around the world perching on sofas --in various states of sleep deprivation--hopefully with beer in hand  as many will have here around the UK. Here's to the international brotherhood ?

I'd go

Krul

Janmaat    Taylor    Mbemba  Hidara

Wijnaldum    Anita

Sissoko    De Jong    Perez

Mitrovic

Think we'll see

Krul

Janmaat

Colo

Mbemba

Haidara