Robert Madley 3-0 Newcastle - 25/10/15 - Post match reaction from Half Time

Mike

Guest firetotheworks

Easy to look at the ridiculous refereeing decisions like, but this carries on for as long as Ashley's here really. All the little reasons during matches are just insignificant sidenotes to the fact that the identity of our club and the idea of any club, but in this case our's, has been completely gutted from the inside out to the extent that the quagmire has engulfed our own fanbase and our identity as fans is supporting something because it bears a name and nothing more.

There's no real desire to compete from owner to chairman, to staff, players and fans. Players that do are touted to bigger clubs by the media and our own club alike, fans that do are told they're deluded by the media, other fans and our own fans - such has Ashley stamped his identity upon NUFC.

Other fans seem to wear failure as a badge of honour, as if to only prove their endurance for being relentlessly lied to, sold to, mocked and then asked for help in the form of not protesting, so that it doesn't 'affect the players' who by in quality and quantity alone are just one byproduct of why the atmosphere is so shit in the first place. People now go into derbies just not wanting to be embarrassed. That alone is fucking embarrassing and it's only something that goes unnoticed because it's gradual. That outlook in 2008 would have been laughed at and it should be now.

Our identity as a club has almost entirely gone like. This is the one we have now, I don't see the one we had anywhere at any level.

did you watch the game? this seems like an emo note to failure from someone who didn't watch what unfolded

Yeah, I watched it until 2-0. The referee was terrible yes, but I think looking at the referee is just a sidenote. Pre-Pardew/Ashley Newcastle teams 1-0 down and a man down would have fought back to a 1-1 against a team as pitiful as that, shit ref or not.

looking at the referee is a sidenote?

you've all lost it, totally lost it like

You'd have a point if we'd lost 1-0. It is a sidenote, as I've said, pre Pardew/Ashley teams would have fought back for a draw in that situation against a team as shit as that. Do you disagree with that point?

I thought we did try to fight back, should have equalised but then ended up conceding more goals while chasing the game. Pretty hard to fight back when you are behind and down to 10 men. If the score was 0-0 then that's a different matter, we could just took a striker off and defended.

This is what I said aye, we came back well enough but the second goal was a sucker punch, it doesn't render the rest of the performance invalid.

It's the point I'm making about this losing mentality we have in the club though. It used to be unacceptable, now it seems excusable.

Easy to look at the ridiculous refereeing decisions like, but this carries on for as long as Ashley's here really. All the little reasons during matches are just insignificant sidenotes to the fact that the identity of our club and the idea of any club, but in this case our's, has been completely gutted from the inside out to the extent that the quagmire has engulfed our own fanbase and our identity as fans is supporting something because it bears a name and nothing more.

There's no real desire to compete from owner to chairman, to staff, players and fans. Players that do are touted to bigger clubs by the media and our own club alike, fans that do are told they're deluded by the media, other fans and our own fans - such has Ashley stamped his identity upon NUFC.

Other fans seem to wear failure as a badge of honour, as if to only prove their endurance for being relentlessly lied to, sold to, mocked and then asked for help in the form of not protesting, so that it doesn't 'affect the players' who by in quality and quantity alone are just one byproduct of why the atmosphere is so shit in the first place. People now go into derbies just not wanting to be embarrassed. That alone is fucking embarrassing and it's only something that goes unnoticed because it's gradual. That outlook in 2008 would have been laughed at and it should be now.

Our identity as a club has almost entirely gone like. This is the one we have now, I don't see the one we had anywhere at any level.

did you watch the game? this seems like an emo note to failure from someone who didn't watch what unfolded

Yeah, I watched it until 2-0. The referee was terrible yes, but I think looking at the referee is just a sidenote. Pre-Pardew/Ashley Newcastle teams 1-0 down and a man down would have fought back to a 1-1 against a team as pitiful as that, shit ref or not.

You'd have a point if we'd lost 1-0. It is a sidenote, as I've said, pre Pardew/Ashley teams would have fought back for a draw in that situation against a team as shit as that. Do you disagree with that point?

I thought we did try to fight back, should have equalised but then ended up conceding more goals while chasing the game. Pretty hard to fight back when you are behind and down to 10 men. If the score was 0-0 then that's a different matter, we could just took a striker off and defended.

Totally agree.

This is what I said aye, we came back well enough but the second goal was a sucker punch, it doesn't render the rest of the performance invalid.

It's the point I'm making about this losing mentality we have in the club though. It used to be unacceptable, now it seems excusable.

I honestly didn't see that Pardew factor today, guess that's the difference.

Other fans seem to wear failure as a badge of honour, as if to only prove their endurance for being relentlessly lied to, sold to, mocked and then asked for help in the form of not protesting, so that it doesn't 'affect the players' who by in quality and quantity alone are just one byproduct of why the atmosphere is so s*** in the first place. People now go into derbies just not wanting to be embarrassed. That alone is f***ing embarrassing and it's only something that goes unnoticed because it's gradual. That outlook in 2008 would have been laughed at and it should be now.

Yeah, I watched it until 2-0. The referee was terrible yes, but I think looking at the referee is just a sidenote. Pre-Pardew/Ashley Newcastle teams 1-0 down and a man down would have fought back to a 1-1 against a team as pitiful as that, s*** ref or not.

You'd have a point if we'd lost 1-0. It is a sidenote, as I've said, pre Pardew/Ashley teams would have fought back for a draw in that situation against a team as s*** as that. Do you disagree with that point?

Totally agree.

Anyone who thinks we are worse now should try watching Palace for a few games.

The referee had a mare today, they must have committed 10 or so fouls within the first 15 minutes, Tiote gets booked for a second foul solely because it was so soon after the first one (not trying to defend him), they continue to commit fouls without any bookings allowing Clattermole to make challenges he otherwise couldn't risk on a yellow.

The penalty has been done to death but the referees general performance was very poor.

Guest firetotheworks

Other fans seem to wear failure as a badge of honour, as if to only prove their endurance for being relentlessly lied to, sold to, mocked and then asked for help in the form of not protesting, so that it doesn't 'affect the players' who by in quality and quantity alone are just one byproduct of why the atmosphere is so s*** in the first place. People now go into derbies just not wanting to be embarrassed. That alone is f***ing embarrassing and it's only something that goes unnoticed because it's gradual. That outlook in 2008 would have been laughed at and it should be now.

Yeah, I watched it until 2-0. The referee was terrible yes, but I think looking at the referee is just a sidenote. Pre-Pardew/Ashley Newcastle teams 1-0 down and a man down would have fought back to a 1-1 against a team as pitiful as that, s*** ref or not.

You'd have a point if we'd lost 1-0. It is a sidenote, as I've said, pre Pardew/Ashley teams would have fought back for a draw in that situation against a team as s*** as that. Do you disagree with that point?

howay man?  the ref directly cost us a goal but the sending off dictated the rest

amazed at some stuff tonight like

You haven't answered the question. :lol:

I'm not confident that teams put out by Souness, Roeder or Allardyce would have fought back. SBR and KK, sure but we are pretty damn far from those times, were even before Ashley arrived.

Yet none of them lost to much better Sunderland teams...

I think we were unlucky with the individual decisions. But all of our problems stemmed from long-term strategic issues that have not been addressed from the very top of the club.

Play breaks, the ball is cleared fairly well, Colback is out-jumped - no  stature in central midfield. (1)

A decent through ball is played - but Fletcher is no Sterling - Colo's lack of pace (2) is a huge problem and creates the situation where he's imo harshly sent off. If he could run nothing happens.

Also - our #2 goalie is awfully slow to move (3). Which causes Colo to need to make that move to make sure it's covered. If Elliot is out sharp, even with Colo's lack of pace the situation doesn't get to where it does.

For the second goal we are defensively sloppy (4). Almost sleepy.

We dominated the game for 45 minutes and never really looked like scoring (5a). We had perhaps 1 clean cut opportunity and it came from a lucky deflection. We looked like we could be dangerous but we are too slow in attacking build-up (5b) and have no proven goalscorers in the division that resemble footballers (5c).

I think we were unlucky with the individual decisions. But all of our problems stemmed from long-term strategic issues that have not been addressed from the very top of the club.

Play breaks, the ball is cleared fairly well, Colback is out-jumped - no  stature in central midfield. (1)

A decent through ball is played - but Fletcher is no Sterling - Colo's lack of pace (2) is a huge problem and creates the situation where he's imo harshly sent off. If he could run nothing happens.

Also - our #2 goalie is awfully slow to move (3). Which causes Colo to need to make that move to make sure it's covered. If Elliot is out sharp, even with Colo's lack of pace the situation doesn't get to where it does.

We dominated the game for 45 minutes and never really looked like scoring (5a). We had perhaps 1 clean cut opportunity and it came from a lucky deflection. We looked like we could be dangerous but we are too slow in attacking build-up (5b) and have no proven goalscorers in the division that resemble footballers (5c).

Absolfuckinglutely

Absolfuckinglutely

Are you listening to yourselves? :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

The scoreline.

Guest firetotheworks

That's a strawman argument, I didn't say anything approaching that, nor would I.

That's a strawman argument, I didn't say anything approaching that, nor would I.

I was just making the point that although we are clearly weak defensively, the football is light years ahead of what we had to endure under Pardew. Add a bit of steel and height at the back and you have a half decent team. Not enough has been done in that regard I agree, but that's an argument for another thread.

Despite obviously being gutted and furious in equal measure about what happened today, we've got to take the positives from this. This was the first time in a long time where we were the team dominating and playing football in the derby. McClaren seemed to have prepared us really well for it and we were looking really comfortable. It was just looking like a matter of time until we got a clear cut chance to put away.

Of course ultimately we lost, but we'll get these fuckers back at St James' and hopefully seal their relegation because one thing's for sure, they are fucking awful.

Clubs have players sent off all the time, often unfairly. People make it sound like this is a totally unexpected occurance that meant we automatically forfeited getting anything from the match. A match against the worst team in the country.

There are no excuses.

It's way too late in the season to be dominating games and not coming away with points. Having seen it again i don't think it was even a foul, I think the ref thought Colo was late and just shoved the player over but he was just doing what he's supposed to albeit he didn't get there as quick as he should. These were points certainly stolen by bad reffing but also by the fact we are still relying on f***ing Colo, no real excuse.

Clubs have players sent off all the time, often unfairly. People make it sound like this is a totally unexpected occurance that meant we automatically forfeited getting anything from the match. A match against the worst team in the country.

There are no excuses.

You don't think that wrongly being down to 10 men and a goal down is a legitimate excuse? As shit as Sunderland are, that's a substantial handicap. Even then, we were still playing all the football until they grabbed a fluky second.

There are no excuses.

I agree. The resignation off a lot of fans is nothing short of massively depressing. Our season now depends on two derby matches, yet we get battered in each one we play- and people just shrug it off and somehow convince themselves that 'next time their dead'. How? Why? Based on what? Personally, I am fucking dreading next March because I know that it will most likely be 7 in a fucking row. Either that or we'll pinch a draw and they'll get relegated without us having the last laugh.

There is simply no excuse. We should have been 1-0 up before the penalty anyway. We were toothless today despite having a lot of the ball- not cutting edge. Yes, the ref was a total disgrace but we still didn't score. Lads...We didn't even score. Again.

Ironically, my interest in the club will- once I emerge from this depression the latest catastrophe has put me into- wane considerably until the next derby. We will probably stay up, but we will also lose in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, with the possibility of selling in January. Just like our cringe worthy,  obsessive, cuntish neighbours, we only have 2 matches of any form of meaning now- and we get humiliated in them each time.

When will this Ashley era just end... I would do anything.