Newcastle United v Aston Villa - 19/12/15 (5:30PM kick off - live on Sky Sports)

xLiaaamx

If Perez doesn't start at home against Villa, and Cisse and De Jong are both preferred over him, I'd think McClaren has lost it. We need to go at them and attack, with trickery and skill, and former two provide neither. Perez has to be on the pitch, even if it's on the left.

Well in a perfect world i agree, but we don't have good enough fullbacks or midfield to make that work yet. So for now it's one or the other and to me it's Perez every day.

When Mark Hughes finds a system to fit in Shaqiri, Afellay, Arnautovic and Bojan with Whelan as their central midfielder, i fail to see how we can't get our best attacking options out on the pitch and we look to make excuses to why it's either one player or the other. Negative bullshit for me, what's the worst that can happen? We try it one time and we get a mauling? Not like this current system has been immune to them.

This current 4-4-1-1 isn't creative enough imo, even if Perez/Mitrovic start as the two, it's still not good enough imo against the lesser sides.

What is your suggestion?

Think i've posted it before but i'd like to see this given a go for a game. If we are far too open or it has major faults, work around it and find out how to make things work. Most important thing we need to do as team going forward, is get Colback the f*** outta there though.

Anita

Sissoko Wijnaldum

De Jong

Mitrovic Perez

I'd just have Perez as the runner, basically the legs for De Jong/Mitro, working the channels and looking for runs in behind.

Sissoko doesn't really have change his position too much from what it is now.

If Perez doesn't start at home against Villa, and Cisse and De Jong are both preferred over him, I'd think McClaren has lost it. We need to go at them and attack, with trickery and skill, and former two provide neither. Perez has to be on the pitch, even if it's on the left.

de Jong is clearly a very technically talented player, as well as very intelligent, and his style of play is probably the most suited in our squad to breaking through teams that sit deep and get bodies behind the ball (which is what I expect Villa will do). I'd prefer to see us trying to pass through opposition like that rather than dribbling.

de Jong is clearly a very technically talented player, as well as very intelligent, and his style of play is probably the most suited in our squad to breaking through teams that sit deep and get bodies behind the ball (which is what I expect Villa will do). I'd prefer to see us trying to pass through opposition like that rather than dribbling.

:lol:

So let's pick a guy who's done fuck all for us creatively as opposed to the guy who's got us goals and assists this season, reducing his contribution to 'dribbling?' :lol:

Anita is a good passes of the ball, but he can be outmuscled in some games. Not sure Villa will have the fight about them to do it in this game, but other teams will just omit him from the game. Both Colback and Tiote are better physically, but when they get the ball they are lost because they can't pass it. It's strange, Sissoko and Wijnaldum are hopeless when we don't have possession, Colback and Tiote are only really any good when we don't have the ball. In that sort of scenario your pretty much hoping that when the likes of Colback and Tiote make a challenge the ball then immediately falls to another of our players in order to do something with it.

We may not be looking for a new DM or CM in January, but we do need one soon, one who can win possession back and play a pass. Southampton's Wanyama would be a dream for us, our midfield would be pretty much complete with just that 1 signing.

So let's pick a guy who's done f*** all for us creatively as opposed to the guy who's got us goals and assists this season, reducing his contribution to 'dribbling?' :lol:

Ayoze's probably our best passer :lol:

I honestly fail to see this Keyser Soze effect that De Jong's had on people. I just don't get it. Yes, he's looked calm and mature, but no way in hell should he be in the team ahead of Perez or Mitro. We need to find a way to fit them all in, but if it has to be one or the other, De Jong needs to produce something, anything, of substance to dislodge those two.

Anita is a good passes of the ball, but he can be outmuscled in some games. Not sure Villa will have the fight about them to do it in this game, but other teams will just omit him from the game. Both Colback and Tiote are better physically, but when they get the ball they are lost because they can't pass it. It's strange, Sissoko and Wijnaldum are hopeless when we don't have possession, Colback and Tiote are only really any good when we don't have the ball. In that sort of scenario your pretty much hoping that when the likes of Colback and Tiote make a challenge the ball then immediately falls to another of our players in order to do something with it.

We may not be looking for a new DM or CM in January, but we do need one soon, one who can win possession back and play a pass. Southampton's Wanyama would be a dream for us, our midfield would be pretty much complete with just that 1 signing.

Haven't seen him get close enough to a man to determine whether or not this is true, he could be Brock Lesnar in there but it means fuck all if he can't get anywhere near to closing someone down.

Hes slow as fuck, he cant pass for shit and cant tackle for shit, he offers no more than Gouffran in there in reality.

I honestly fail to see this Keyser Soze effect that De Jong's had on people. I just don't get it. Yes, he's looked calm and mature, but no way in hell should he be in the team ahead of Perez or Mitro. We need to find a way to fit them all in, but if it has to be one or the other, De Jong needs to produce something, anything, of substance to dislodge those two.

Give him the run he deserves and he will start producing. He was unlucky not come away with a goal yesterday. He's had two games against tough opposition and had solid 7/10 games. De Jong will be much more effective when we are the team dominating rather than just trying to play on the counter.

Villa are awful but us going gung ho is asking for trouble. If we change a winning team/ formation and don't score early it will become a very nervy game and we'd have less impact from the bench. If either Mitrovic or Perez got booked (both of them do pick up cards) early on they'd be walking a tight rope. We have to remain compact and guard against the counter attack. We also have to give ourselves as many options to win the game as possible. I think it's a perfect game for Perez and Mitrovic to come on at around the 60 minute mark.

I really can't think of good reason to change, it's a huge game, let's keep doing what has worked. I'd love for us to get a dominating defensive midfielder so we can dispose of both Colback and Anita and allow Gini and Sissoko to play in front and De Jong behind Perez & Mitrovic/ Cisse but we're not there yet.

The false dawn optimism is seeping in again we must resist it. It only leds to dissapointment. Like moths to the flame, we are drawn in because of a couple of wins.

This is what happens with Newcastle, We are going to lose to Villa are'nt we.

For some reason I can see this game being really cagey and scrappy. A win will really settle my nerves as far as relegation goes.

I'm pretty conservative when it comes to the teams in the PL so Villa getting relegated isn't something I want to see but their owner hasn't given a fuck for years. The new teams coming up have been really pushing the limits of what they can do and tbh have made things a lot more interesting. It's Villa's time now. You can't expect to just make up the numbers for this long.

For some reason I can see this game being really cagey and scrappy. A win will really settle my nerves as far as relegation goes.

I'm pretty conservative when it comes to the teams in the PL so Villa getting relegated isn't something I want to see but their owner hasn't given a f*** for years. The new teams coming up have been really pushing the limits of what they can do and tbh have made things a lot more interesting. It's Villa's time now. You can't expect to just make up the numbers for this long.

After the way they went on with us? :lol:

Not only do i hope they get relegated, i hope they never return tbh.

I'm pretty conservative when it comes to the teams in the PL so Villa getting relegated isn't something I want to see but their owner hasn't given a f*** for years. The new teams coming up have been really pushing the limits of what they can do and tbh have made things a lot more interesting. It's Villa's time now. You can't expect to just make up the numbers for this long.

After the way they went on with us? :lol:

Not only do i hope they get relegated, i hope they never return tbh.

Yup. Fuck them after some of their fans treated us. I've been waiting for them to go down ever since, and tweet "who's your messiah now?" The tweet's been ready and drafted since then :lol:

The false dawn optimism is seeping in again we must resist it. It only leds to dissapointment. Like moths to the flame, we are drawn in because of a couple of wins.

This is what happens with Newcastle, We are going to lose to Villa are'nt we.

I'd expect to beat Villa at home if we were on a losing streak tbh. They have 6 fucking points all season, it's not optimism to expect to beat them.

They're due a good result at some point. Eventually they'll come good, relatively speaking, and pick up a few points and it'll start with a single game. We're all saying it's a really good chance to pick up another win but they'll be thinking exactly the same. We've rolled over a few times this year and I still don't trust the players to do it consistently. 

So let's pick a guy who's done f*** all for us creatively as opposed to the guy who's got us goals and assists this season, reducing his contribution to 'dribbling?' :lol:

Who said anything about dropping Perez? I'd play both, I just think you're being incredibly dismissive about de Jong's ability as a footballer. Your argument was about skill and trickery, not scoring goals, so you reduced his skillet yourself :lol:

I'm pretty conservative when it comes to the teams in the PL so Villa getting relegated isn't something I want to see but their owner hasn't given a fuck for years. The new teams coming up have been really pushing the limits of what they can do and tbh have made things a lot more interesting. It's Villa's time now. You can't expect to just make up the numbers for this long.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA WTFFFFFFFFFF