Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

If he can pick the ball up and drive forwards from the middle of the park with a bit of purpose then it's an immediate upgrade. If he can shift the play to either wing and carry his run into the box then we should start to see a bit of improvement going forward. If he can strike a ball from 20-25 yards accurately then opposition will need to be closer to him which should leave space for others to work in.

3 massive ''if's'' there but I'm fed up seeing ponderous, negative, static shite in our CM, it's painful. If this lad can provide a bit of drive and positivity then it could be money well spent.

Watch him sign for Palace. :lol: 

aye he's a larndahn boy isn't he?  will be going there if he gets any sort of offer i'd imagine

Yes, think he was raised in a muggle orphanage in London.

Wasn't there some story about him being in street gangs or something and running about with knives [emoji38]

EDIT: not quite, think it was this I read back when he was doing well

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/20/jonjo-shelvey-swansea-city-interview

I get the argument that he'd be an underwhelming signing, but you have to take the position we're in into context. Our central midfield is just about the worst part of what isn't a very good side - we need some immediate improvement on the worst players in their position in the league in Colback and Anita (IMO). He doesn't strike me as a very Swansea player, tbh, they're a pretty beige club and I've never found their football particularly exciting, bar the odd spell. Shelvey seems like someone who's more suited to a place like here (or at least what we used to be): impatient, someone looking to get to goal the quickest way possible etc.

I get the argument that he'd be an underwhelming signing, but you have to take the position we're in into context. Our central midfield is just about the worst part of what isn't a very good side - we need some immediate improvement on the worst players in their position in the league in Colback and Anita (IMO). He doesn't strike me as a very Swansea player, tbh, they're a pretty beige club and I've never found their football particularly exciting, bar the odd spell. Shelvey seems like someone who's more suited to a place like here (or at least what we used to be): impatient, someone looking to get to goal the quickest way possible etc.

Iron Mike Williamson? :lol:

Shit signing.  If he is the solution and the bet for fighting against relegation then we are fucked.  To those who said colback and anita are shit, i can guarantee you this guy is even shitter.

s*** signing.  If he is the solution and the bet for fighting against relegation then we are f***ed.  To those who said colback and anita are s***, i can guarantee you this guy is even shitter.

If we sign him and he isn't injured for the rest of the season, £10 says he'll get more assists in the second half of this season than Colback and Anita combined for the whole season.

s*** signing.  If he is the solution and the bet for fighting against relegation then we are f***ed.  To those who said colback and anita are s***, i can guarantee you this guy is even shitter.

If we sign him and he isn't injured for the rest of the season, £10 says he'll get more assists in the second half of this season than Colback and Anita combined for the whole season.

Considering their total will probably not even amass one that's not exactly impressive.

Cabaye was never lazy, besides he's at least 10 times the player.

This - we have never come close to replacing Cabaye and Shelvey won't do that either....if we had re-signed Cabaye we would not be in the position we are now, but the guy probably wouldn't have wanted to return even if we'd tried...

What was the saying about a dog returning to its vomit...?

Shit signing.  If he is the solution and the bet for fighting against relegation then we are fucked.  To those who said colback and anita are shit, i can guarantee you this guy is even shitter.

You do yourself no favours talking unbelievable nonsense like this, man.

He could be immense for us. Like a petulant,lazy version of Cabaye.

If he's as forward thinking as people are saying, and that's what I've seen of him, I sincerely hope they're signing Saivet or whoever to play with him or we'll still be stuck with the space being covered by f***ing Colback.

Yup. Also Colback's habitual behavior on the ball (when he's a first receiver) immediately negates the positives - forward movement, and drive off the ball - offered by the attack minded central midfielder partner ie a Shelvey type. Colback really is a disgusting footballer, and footballer is used here tentatively.

You do yourself no favours talking unbelievable nonsense like this, man.

I wish i was talking unbelievable nonsense as well.  This guy has zero ability and desire to cover up space and protect our back four.  Together with Colo this is our golden recipe for relegation. 

Colback is poor, but the least bad spell he had was under Carver when he would pop up in the other team's box and get the odd goal. It suggests McClaren is telling him something different.

Anyway, if Mbabu and Janmaat play along with a more positive CM, that's three places for Tiote to get rid of it before he gets caught on the ball. Mbemba is also way more comfortable on the ball than Iron Mike was. I'd be more hopeful for Tiote (or Anita) as DM in this setup than Dummett LB and Colback as the other CM.

Still need a goalscorer though.