Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

6 hours ago, HWTL said:

Think I must be watching different games to me, playing in a 3 you need a deep lying midfielder and Shelvey has done that brilliantly of late. Swapping Bruno and asking him to do that is a waste of his talents. Shelvey could score a hatrick and still get slated on here. 

People keep going on and on about who from Shelvey and Willock will be dropped for Bruno and it’s clear as day that they both play in positions that are a waste of Bruno’s talents. If we stick with the same system, it’s Big Joe who is getting dropped, eventually, and that’s one of the main reasons that Bruno hasn’t walked into the starting XI yet. 

This guy was fantastic today. Kept doing double takes every time I saw him pressing, winning the ball, and making blocks at the edge of our box.

His fitness levels look incredible right now. Never known the guy to be in this sort of shape physically, and it looks like he's actually enjoying it, as I doubt he's ever felt so physically fit and able.

He wasn’t on the ball anywhere near as much as usual and I still thought he was a bystander and in no man’s land too often. 

But he got through a POWER OF RUNNING (been waiting to use that since that Scottish commentator kept saying it) :lol: Made some key interceptions and tackles in that second half. 

I thought the midfield was actually a bit crap second half. Not really on Shelvey, mind. The commitment and effort from him has been consistently decent since Howe has been here. Bar 1-2 games. 

Fair fucking play to him. Not his biggest fan by any means. But that was a proper shift today. 

I've said many times that Shelvey is a useless waste of a spot but fair play to him for the way he has played.  Right now we have 4 midfielders that are worthy of starting and that a good problem to have.  As long as the club afre winning I'm not sure how Eddie drops any of the starting three.

7 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Could tell from a few minutes in that he was on one like, great stuff.

I probably need to stop calling him shite [emoji38]

Just call him shite when he is shite and call him good when he is good.  It's not that difficult.  Don't get caught in the trap that you think it's "cool" to slag off Shelvey.  Make your own mind up.

He was very good yesterday. I have been anxious for him to be replaced by bruno but there was no way Eddie was taking him off yesterday, he played a blinder. Actually reminded me of the Jonjo who was close to an england call up (many moons ago).

Those 3 in the midfield are playing like they don't want to lose their place to Bruno.

And as much as I want to see Bruno, long may it continue. This is what healthy competition and feel good factor does to a squad.

His fitness has improved massively as has that of everyone else. He seems more tactically switched on under Howe and it’s obvious he has a specified role in the team and must try and always stick to that which he seems to be doing and getting better at it with each game. He’s a massive liability still mind when it comes to tackling/tracking as he can dive in and or get caught ball watching. That was one of his best games for us yesterday I thought, however, off the ball especially.

Edited by HTT II