Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Was very negative about this signing because he looked a bit like a dick and not the  character we need. Absolutely delighted about how wrong he proved me though. Some of his passing was delightful today, if we could just get rid of Colback it would be swell!

brilliant debut.  The long pass to Janmaat was sublime.  Love lethal touch football.

Colback doesn't even dream of attempting that kind of pass. Let alone actually trying and pulling it off.

Valencia was milking it for all it was worth also, pretty sure from the replay the arm never even reached his face.

Indeed, was looking for that on the replay. No contact with the face at all... But of course that's the first thing Valencia went for.

brilliant debut.  The long pass to Janmaat was sublime.  Love lethal touch football.

Colback doesn't even dream of attempting that kind of pass. Let alone actually trying and pulling it off.

Colback is so negative he even tried to turn back to someone behind...when he was the last man! :lol:

Chalk and cheese between him and Shelvey today. Shelvey was on everything, trying to make forward passes, even when they couldn't go forward his passes were still progressive. Colback was unseen in first half apart from committing a foul to give West Ham a cheap free kick. What the hell Colback was trying to do in the 2nd half when he was on the ground shielding the ball in our own box I'll never know, he should have just got rid of it.

67 yards for his pass.

It was outrageous like, probably one of the best ball I've seen a Newcastle player make in years.

Remember watching Ben Arfa kill a pass like that stone dead under his boot a few years ago. Nearly came.

67 yards for his pass.

It was outrageous like, probably one of the best ball I've seen a Newcastle player make in years.

It was, even before Janmmat whipped in the cross I was praising that pass. The vision to see Janmaat, and then to execute it. West Ham players simply did not know what to do when he had the ball, he was producing great passes and in the end they just stood off him and watched him make passes and tried to deal with it after he had done so.

It's amazing what having a proper midfielder in the middle can do like.

His ability to sit deep and make those kinds of passes and to come forward and make them combined with Sissoko's and Winjaldum's ability to run at defences offers us so much more going forward.

It's outrageous than non of the other guys ever cottoned onto passing the ball forwards like.

Actually I think that's unfair, a fair few of them followed Shelvey's example today, fair enough a lot of them were not difficult passes but there was a lot more passing creativity from the rest of the team today.

It's not unfair at all :lol:

Colback and Anita have been utter toss due to their reluctance to get the ball forwards.

I thought you were talking about today, if your on about in general then yeah I fully agree with you.

He did for Sammy's goal vs Spurs but I see your point.

It's always frustrated me that he is capable of a pass like that but he's either too stupid or too scared to attempt it.

He did for Sammy's goal vs Spurs but I see your point.

It's always frustrated me that he is capable of a pass like that but he's either too stupid or too scared to attempt it.

Colback did a little while later but it was higher and less driven which basically meant Janmaat couldn't go outside by the time the ball came to him (annoys the nads off me when people are screaming that a player is open and think the opposition will politely stand still till the ball gets there), that near 70yd driven ball to feet is a talent not many of the best pros can do regularly.