Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

It's not just his Hollywood balls, either. Some of his simpler passes were spot on too, and something else I noticed today is his ability to disguise his intentions. I guess that comes from the expectation of a long pass, but it's good that his reputation is beginning to have a positive impact.

Diame's turnaround has been praised a lot, but I think Shelvey's has been equally impressive, if not as clearly visible.

He seems to have cut out the sulky petulance, without losing an important aspect of his game. That's the kind of thing that international commentators claim is impossible for the likes of Delle Alli.

Happy to say I've always been a fan boy, but even I, earlier on in the season thought it was in both ours and his best interests to move on. They always talk about the spine a team being the most important, and we've been superb through the keeper, CB and central midfield, it's just up top were we've lacked that killer touch. Love the way Shelvey has upped his game, he's been vital in this run of form.