Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would not be surprised at all to see Perez up front and Townsend on the wing.

Serious?  :lol:

Yes, why?

So how would to line up if you think Perez will play up front?

Same formation we've been playing (Watford antics aside) with Townsend in Perez's spot and Perez in Mitrovic's spot. Not saying it's right, but McClaren pretty clearly called out Mitrovic in his post-match comments.

Yes, why?

Same formation we've been playing (Watford antics aside) with Townsend in Perez's spot and Perez in Mitrovic's spot. Not saying it's right, but McClaren pretty clearly called out Mitrovic in his post-match comments.

Eh? Where is this? I fucking hope he did :)

Yes, why?

We are clearly buying Townsend to get crosses in the box. Playing Perez up front isn't the answer then.

Wouldn't be surprised if we've offered them first dibs on Perez as part of this deal.

I can imagine Perez warming the bench for the rest of season and we flog him to Spurs for 10 million in the summer

You've got one fucked up imagination :lol:

Yes, why?

Eh? Where is this? I f***ing hope he did :)

Not by name, but said the difference is they have Ighalo/Deeney, finishing needs to be better, yada yada.

I know it's still very much a rumour, but I wouldn't mind a poll on how many people think he would be a good signing.

Not only do I think his profile doesn't really match what we require in a wide man, but I also think he is absolutely shite.

I gather this window seems focused on obtaining "proven PL players" to minimize risk in the face of relegation, but how in any shape or form is Andros "200 loans" Townsend proven in any shape or form? Never rated him.

Roughly what would 14 million get us in Spain?

I know it's still very much a rumour, but I wouldn't mind a poll on how many people think he would be a good signing.

Not only do I think his profile doesn't really match what we require in a wide man, but I also think he is absolutely shite.

Done.

I gather this window seems focused on obtaining "proven PL players" to minimize risk in the face of relegation, but how in any shape or form is Andros "200 loans" Townsend proven in any shape or form? Never rated him.

In that position? Nolito. If you want to go younger throw in another million and you land Iñaki Williams.

Both Spanish-style wingers though (inside forwards), you won't find many decent English style wingers over here.

Bit tangential but I can't understand why Perez seems to be used sparingly. He'd be the fourth name on my teamsheet (behind Wijnaldum, Janmaat and Sissoko).

I agree, but it's probably because it's hard to name his best position, I think he is wasted out wide, but it's the a lone striker and he seems to be playing Gini further forward.

In that position? Nolito. If you want to go younger throw in another million and you land Iñaki Williams.

Both Spanish-style wingers though (inside forwards), you won't find many decent English style wingers over here.

Could get Williams and going for townsend[emoji38]

Why did I ask lol

Why did I ask lol

He wouldn't come here, he's getting linked to all the top clubs

Why did I ask lol

Don't know if you don't try.

We are a feeder club anyway.

Why did I ask lol

Not like he's playing for some backwater pub team now. It would be a step down for him

Why did I ask lol

Not like he's playing for some backwater pub team now. It would be a step down for him

We probably couldn't get him but don't play down the financial incentives we can offer any player.

Seems a totally pointless signing to me. Fair enough, he' replacing Thauvin but he's not exactly needed replacing ahead of a LB, CB or striker.

Appears like they're rolling the dice and throwing money around in the hope for impetus/bounce or whatever you want to call it.

If, and it's a massive if, we stay up there's gonna be a helluva clear out this summer. Way too many purples.

Don't know if it's been posted, but he had a run-out for our U21s today.

If it's legit, seems a bit of a weird signing for you. He might be an upgrade on, say, Obertan, but you clearly have bigger issues. You've thrown a lot of money against the wall already - this would take you over 80M this summer/Jan according to Wiki - and you still have issues at the back and up front. How much more can you spend?

Not having a dig, I'm just genuinely confused. I don't really see what the plan is.