Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He will be a good addition to a very flat squad. Shelvey and him are good signings in our situation, not sure about the other guy, reeks of us trying to buy on the cheap.

One of be Remy or Berainho would be some great options for us in the final two thirds however if we leave the back as it is then we're still going to struggle.

Fell out with the manager didn't he? That's why he wasn't playing and why Pottchetino apparently stepped in over the issue yesterday, asking Levy to sell him. Obviously he wouldn't have started for them anyway like.

I'll reserve judgement until I've watched him in black and white. If his pace gets us two goals and two wins over the space of the rest of the season, I dare say he will be worth it. Provided that the others chip in and do their bit and provided we sign a striker to put the ball in the bastardin net.

We've at least now signed a couple of players who aren't scared to have a shot from distance even if they're not prolific.

Not to mention one that actually beats players.

Even Sissoko tends to power and bumble his way past opponents, rather than dribble past them.

We don't have a single guy that can get a full back on his back foot, which really is a bit silly.

He's going to be a pleasant surprise for us. Looking forward to it.

All these stats are not based off of consistent play, which he'll get at Newcastle.

He'll be good. It's going to make a huge difference for him.

We've got people in one thread defending Sissoko's stats and in here Townsend is getting slaughtered. Stats are bollocks.

Tbh I'm not a massive Townsend fan but the chronic negativity is over the top. Hope to god he turns up in his first match or the Internet will be unbearable.

:thup:

He's fucking crap. Spurs have been trying to shift him for ages and they've waited until someone was stupid enough to pay a big fee for him. I'm not massively convinced he's better than Obertan.

:lol:

I was going to say I didn't think the negativity was all that until I saw this post. :lol:

Reckon a key attribute, aside from giving us options going forward, will be indirectly freeing up space for Janmaat and Sissoko on the right hand sides as we'll actually have a modicum of threat on both sides for a change so they can't overload their left defensive areas.

Even though he's a head down type player it'll also give us another option outside of Sissoko who can actually move the team forward quickly with the ball which might well be invaluable if we're going to sitting deep/ playing on the break and all that. I can see why he's been bought even if I think he's fairly average.

Reckon a key attribute, aside from giving us options going forward, will be indirectly freeing up space for Janmaat and Sissoko on the right hand sides as we'll actually have a modicum of threat on both sides for a change so they can't overload their left defensive areas.

Even though he's a head down type player it'll also give us another option outside of Sissoko who can actually move the team forward quickly with the ball which might well be invaluable if we're going to sitting deep/ playing on the break and all that. I can see why he's been bought even if I think he's fairly average.

Aye.

:thup:

Aye, i said the same a couple of days ago. We will have a much more balanced team now.

He's going to be a pleasant surprise for us. Looking forward to it.

All these stats are not based off of consistent play, which he'll get at Newcastle.

He'll be good. It's going to make a huge difference for him.

Confirmation that he's going to be a bouquet of dicks.

Very clever.

I really do feel he'll be an exciting addition, sorry.

The balance of the team is going to look so much better with his pace and directness on the left.

Our counters are going to be frightening with him, Sissoko and Gini pelting forward.

As bad as Obertan is, even he was occasionally a threat when he actually looked to go at people and get forward. Obviously that was once in every 50 times he touched the ball, which was just weird.

Let's see. Think those who like the move will have the last laugh.

Yes, he didn't play much for Spurs, but Spurs have been blessed with so many good attacking midfielders for so long, and it's always easier to overlook the kid coming through who needs more game time to work out the kinks in their game.

I mean Spurs ditched Etienne Capoue and look at him at Watford. He's been quality. Hardly got a look in at Tottenham for some reason. Not the exact same kind of player or situation, but bet they'd have him back now.

I stopped reading your post when you gave Obertan credit for been dangerous :lol:

Precisely. That sums up what his contribution will be. It entirely justifies his signing, even though it would have been nice to have got someone better.

Like Shelvey, it's another 'bare minimum' sorta signing. We'd be lucky to stay up without a centre-midfielder who can pass forward. Just like how we'd be lucky to stay up without an entire left-wing.

If we fail to sign a striker who guarantees a few goals we're still playing with fire.

Good post, Disco. Personally, I think the lad can be a decent squad option, in the long run, and he'll just about do as genuine first team competition for the rest of this season. 

He's always struck me as a talented footballer and decent athlete; just pretty dumb which hampers him. We can work with that :lol:

We should force people to come to Newcastle via the train. It's so much more impressive than arriving at that mickey mouse airport, especially as it's plastered with mackem adverts, and a NUFC advert with about 10 players we've sold on.

So possible

SpongeBlob

Jan      Taylor      Colo      Mbemba

Sissoko          Shelvey

Townsend          Winny            Perez

Mitro\Remy?

So possible

SpongeBlob

Sissoko          Shelvey

Mitro\Remy?

Looks good apart from Mbemba who should be at CH. Hope a LB and CB is on the shopping list for the Summer.

So possible

SpongeBlob

Sissoko          Shelvey

Mitro\Remy?

Looks good apart from Mbemba who should be at CH. Hope a LB and CB is on the shopping list for the Summer.

Big question mark up front if we don't land Remy or an equivalent.

So possible

SpongeBlob

Sissoko          Shelvey

Mitro\Remy?

Killjoy I know but that central midfield is lacking when it comes to producing the defence.