Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He'd be daft to go, he's spent his whole career out on loan or on the bench until now. Its working out for him here, we're a big club with a good manager who will hopefully get promoted at the first time of asking. He's been here six months and there's no guarantee a move elsewhere will work out, so he'll be back to square one.

See what happens but I think he'll stay.

He'd be daft to go, he's spent his whole career out on loan or on the bench until now. Its working out for him here, we're a big club with a good manager who will hopefully get promoted at the first time of asking. He's been here six months and there's no guarantee a move elsewhere will work out, so he'll be back to square one.

Really hope you're right but the lure of playing in the top flight in London must have canny appeal tbf.

This is what I think as well. I'm sure he's considering the Palace offer, but he hasn't necessarily decided to jump ship yet.

I'll be disappointed in him if he goes. We were already shite when he joined, in the bottom three and with Steve McClaren in charge ffs. His stock can't possibly fall that much, and we're talking about Crystal Palace here, not anyone decent. Like Spurs...

If he really can't stand the thought of staying with us for six months in the Championship to see whether we're coming straight back up then he's clearly a selfish, vacuous prick.

Then again he's a professional footballer so it wouldn't be a surprise.

it may have been his condition for agreeing to join us -  we dont know what he was promised if we were relegated. we may have only been able to sign him in the first place was if we promised to release him for an agreed fee on relegation. he doesnt seem the mercenary type. the effort he put in compared to shelvey was infinite. they were both playing for an england squad place.

I'll be disappointed in him if he goes. We were already shite when he joined, in the bottom three and with Steve McClaren in charge ffs. His stock can't possibly fall that much, and we're talking about Crystal Palace here, not anyone decent. Like Spurs...

If he really can't stand the thought of staying with us for six months in the Championship to see whether we're coming straight back up then he's clearly a selfish, vacuous prick.

Then again he's a professional footballer so it wouldn't be a surprise.

Kinda leaning towards this school of thought, too.

If he goes it typifies what I was saying a few weeks ago about the state of the squad and it's complete lack of a 'Leyton Orient group'. Townsend appeared to be one of the few who was really up for it in the last few games. The fans got behind him and I thought I saw something which suggested he'd return the faith.

I'm not labelling the following players as anything more than good pros in this context; but you look around the squad and I can't see anyone in the mould of Nolan/Smith/Barton/Harper. You could point to Lascelles but he's just a young lad, chomping at the bit with barely a fraction of the Premier League experience of those guys. Mackem Jack maybe but, you know, urgh.

I just don't see what's in it for him to "wait and see" for 6 months. He'll be expected to boss the championship and anything short of that is going to be bad for his stock. He has no links to us, why stay? It's not like this is an NUFC to be particularly proud of / enamored by.

Has he agreed terms with Palace? All seems quite out of the blue, he'd be smart to wait and see who else comes in for him if he ACTUALLY does want to leave. I suspect he doesn't and this is all the mischief of agents who haven't had much action yet this summer.

I just don't see what's in it for him to "wait and see" for 6 months. He'll be expected to boss the championship and anything short of that is going to be bad for his stock. He has no links to us, why stay? It's not like this is an NUFC to be particularly proud of / enamored by.

Because he knew the state we were in when he joined. It's not like we fell from grace. So to come in then fuck off half a year later is a bit shitty. He wasn't even training with the first team before we bought him.

Because he knew the state we were in when he joined. It's not like we fell from grace. So to come in then fuck off half a year later is a bit shitty. He wasn't even training with the first team before we bought him.

But the agreement was clearly 'come in and keep us up, if you don't, we'll let you go for £X'. That amount has apparently been met. We didn't keep up our side of the bargain, I don't see why he should be looked down upon for not sticking with us.

Don't get me wrong, hopefully the Rafa effect is enough to want him to give it a shot in the shitlands, but I won't blame him if it isn't, given the general state of our club.

It would just be nice to see a smidgen of loyalty and feeling of responsibility, that's all. Just a little bit.

Your talking about super rich footballers.

You could argue the same case for local players who live and breathe their clubs to get some loyalty, money talks and everyone shits on everyone.

Guest chopey

Stirling cost £50million I would be amazed if a premier league club didn't stump up £10 million for him

Because he knew the state we were in when he joined. It's not like we fell from grace. So to come in then f*** off half a year later is a bit shitty. He wasn't even training with the first team before we bought him.

But the agreement was clearly 'come in and keep us up, if you don't, we'll let you go for £X'. That amount has apparently been met. We didn't keep up our side of the bargain, I don't see why he should be looked down upon for not sticking with us.

Don't get me wrong, hopefully the Rafa effect is enough to want him to give it a shot in the shitlands, but I won't blame him if it isn't, given the general state of our club.

I would fully understand him going and would have fully expected it once relegation was confirmed. I would be frustrated and gutted if he does leave after the stuff coming out from him and his dad about wanting to stay. Though at the time he may have let his heart rule his head and when he's actually thought it through thinks its a bad move for him to stay.

It’s short-sighted by Andros not to see the big picture of why he managed to get into England 26 man squad this summer after being in the wilderness at Tottenham for so long – it was the world-class coaching of Rafa Benitez.

Alan Pardew is not a world-class coach – we know that because he was at Newcastle for four years and the difference in class between the two managers is staggering.

Well said!

Link: http://www.nufcblog.com/2016/06/29/towndned-ready-to-leave-newcastle/

The final day when he was getting applauded for staying on and not being subbed, and he had that little smile - his dad even commenting on that moment...he'll not get that type of love at any other club.