Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aye, there's a lot of shite being spouted in this thread like. I'd have thought Townsend was one of the last players that would be in for fierce criticism for our current predicament.

Some pure lazy bollocks here being directed at Townsend who has looked one of our few interested players in the games he has played. Also one of the few that looking visibly frustrated at results. For someone that has barely played and is clearly hungry to get playing time, its not inconceivable he might pick up some knocks getting regular games again. Direct your hyperbole somewhere else please, preferably away from the team over the next couple of weeks.

Oh do please wind your neck in with your holier than thou attitude. I've watched enough Newcastle shite in my time to allow myself to be cynical with these over paid primadonnas. As for Townsend looking interested I've seen one above average game from him so far. Let's not make him out to be greater than he has been. I am more than happy to change my opinion on a player at a later time but I refuse to overreact on a players abilities and willingness to go above and beyond because the bloke didn't like sitting in the youth team.

notice he was training yesterday..... Lazarus has risen

Suprise isn't it.

You can't throw the accusation at him man, the lads been here five minutes and only came because he was desperate to play. He could have lay on the treatment table at Tottenham if he  wanted to bottle his way through his career, instead he turned out weekly for their reserves.

I have no doubt we have bottlers in the camp, it's incredibly harsh to suggest townsend is one.

And we will see. I agree the 5 minutes isn't long enough to judge this in a player. It's just an observation I have and an opinion I am entitled to. We shall see in the future if I was wide of the mark or not. Or hopefully not as hopefully we can be far away from relegation battles now.

Aye, there's a lot of s**** being spouted in this thread like. I'd have thought Townsend was one of the last players that would be in for fierce criticism for our current predicament.

Hardly fierce criticism. The blokes been injured more than hes been fit for me to judge him enough to give any sort of fierce criticism.

Always find it strange when people accuse players of faking injuries without any kind of evidence, even anecdotal evidence

Find it strange when we keep giving players the benefit of the doubt year after year despite the amount of time the PL stars show their true colours.

Suprise isn't it.

You can't throw the accusation at him man, the lads been here five minutes and only came because he was desperate to play. He could have lay on the treatment table at Tottenham if he  wanted to bottle his way through his career, instead he turned out weekly for their reserves.

I have no doubt we have bottlers in the camp, it's incredibly harsh to suggest townsend is one.

And we will see. I agree the 5 minutes isn't long enough to judge this in a player. It's just an observation I have and an opinion I am entitled to. We shall see in the future if I was wide of the mark or not. Or hopefully not as hopefully we can be far away from relegation battles now.

No worries, i didn't say you weren't entitled to an opinion btw, I'm just not that sure how you formed this one, but yeah, agreed, time will tell if he's up for the fight.

Suprise isn't it.

No worries, i didn't say you weren't entitled to an opinion btw, I'm just not that sure how you formed this one, but yeah, agreed, time will tell if he's up for the fight.

Think I'm a huffy bugger at the minute still, I'm sure I'll be my ridiculously optimistic self if we stop up :)

Suprise isn't it.

Think I'm a huffy bugger at the minute still, I'm sure I'll be my ridiculously optimistic self if we stop up :)

O0

it is just slightly strange that unable to make the starting squad on Saturday then few days later training ..I am one who feels Townsend could bring something to our side all I was saying it is amazing how players suddenly want to impress when someone new walks in the door ...Who knows what goes on behind the scenes !

Lets hope he is fit enough for Monday because if I was the manager I would pick him hands down !

it is just slightly strange that unable to make the starting squad on Saturday then few days later training ..I am one who feels Townsend could bring something to our side all I was saying it is amazing how players suddenly want to impress when someone new walks in the door ...Who knows what goes on behind the scenes !

Lets hope he is fit enough for Monday because if I was the manager I would pick him hands down !

Every player who has ever returned from injury missed the game before.  Players probably do have more enthusiasm for a return and it's only natural, players even come back early from injury under current managers and are injured because of it.

First touch is still miles off. But offered a decent threat.

So off. :lol: On three occasions facing away from goal, his first touch took him a further two or three yards back.

But he absolutely must start against the Mackems, imo. He was very bright running forward.

Guest neesy111

First touch is still miles off. But offered a decent threat.

I thought he was our worst player after coming on tbh.