Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hold my hands up. No problem for that, glad that l am proven wrong as it means we have chance to survive isnt it?

That said, Townsend prior to Rafa is rlly shit.

Hold my hands up. No problem for that, glad that l am proven wrong as it means we have chance to survive isnt it?

That said, Townsend prior to Rafa is rlly s***.

This applies to most of our players, no? But yeah, I'm glad the lad has proven me wrong as well. Was about to rip my hair off at one stage, but decided I didn't want his hairstyle.

:aww:

Aye, I've got to hold my hands up as I thought it was a poor signing but he's been outstanding and that goal he scored today was an absolute beaut, reminded me of one Robert scored against Liverpool from almost exactly the same position.

That was Munez.

HA!!!  I thought about how they'd used that in GOAL !!!

I love it when he comes in-field when the play is on the opposite wing, and makes that darting last-man run as Cisse occupies the defenders. It still hasn't quite come off for us yet but I think with time it could become a lethal weapon with his pace and decent finishing to have a run on goal 1 on 1 with the keeper.

Happy with how it's gone so far. Very encouraging. Very frustrating when he loses it cutting on the inside but like someone said above its likely now and again reap dividends. Hopefully rafa will get to work on him and get him to use it as a feint so he can turn and run into the box on his right

Wasn't keen on the signing and I thought we'd overpaid.  Not that it should matter, as it's nice to see us finally spending.  But I just couldn't detach myself from HBA leaving on a free and spending about £30m on 3 players, trying to replace him. 

TBF to Townsend.  It didn't take long to change my opinion of him.  I thought he looked decent enough against Everton, when the whole team was shit and he was lacking fitness.  Then I was very impressed when I saw him live, against WBA.  It's a shame he got injured, as he has contributed to what, 6-7 goals since his arrival?  If he had stayed fit, then perhaps we would have 2-3 more points?  Who knows?

Even when he is having a bad game, he runs his bollocks off.  He definitely runs into traffic too often and regularly holds onto the ball for too long.  But I love his attitude and passion and he seems to have bought into the club. 

I hope he stays if we go down.  He'd light it up for us in the Championship. 

Wasn't keen on the signing and I thought we'd overpaid.  Not that it should matter, as it's nice to see us finally spending.  But I just couldn't detach myself from HBA leaving on a free and spending about £30m on 3 players, trying to replace him. 

TBF to Townsend.  It didn't take long to change my opinion of him.  I thought he looked decent enough against Everton, when the whole team was s*** and he was lacking fitness.  Then I was very impressed when I saw him live, against WBA.  It's a shame he got injured, as he has contributed to what, 6-7 goals since his arrival?  If he had stayed fit, then perhaps we would have 2-3 more points?  Who knows?

Even when he is having a bad game, he runs his bollocks off.  He definitely runs into traffic too often and regularly holds onto the ball for too long.  But I love his attitude and passion and he seems to have bought into the club. 

I hope he stays if we go down.  He'd light it up for us in the Championship.

That was my thoughts at the time, might have got something out of Stoke and Bournemouth if he wasn't injured

The main thing that winds me up is when he attempts to cut inside and loses. But then again, when it works he's likely to score a brilliant goal, so he has to try it a couple of times every game.

Yep, it can be really frustrating to watch, and you can understand why Spurs were willing to let him go for that sort of  money. Tottenham fans assessment of him has turned out to be on the money, he has lots in his locker, but his decision making is a bit crap at times. That said, he can cross a ball and hit it with both feet, so even though he's never going to be a CL player, he's still a very dangerous wide man for most premier sides.

If we are thinking of 442 with Kane and vardy up top you can see why he'd be considered. We've got a lot of good wide forward options if we play 3 in the middle and 3 up top but not many who would be comfortable in a 442.

He tried, he played fairly well. Fair play to him. Hope the talk in the BBC of a £8m release clause isn't true, but if it is good luck to him.

He'll be off.