Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deserves to go to a decent midtable club and fight for an England squad place.

Deserves? Deserves shit, we need all the help we can get - I'm a Newcastle fan, not an Andros Townsend fan?!  :serious:

Deserves to go to a decent midtable club and fight for an England squad place.

Deserves? Deserves s***, we need all the help we can get - I'm a Newcastle fan, not an Andros Townsend fan?!  :serious:

Erm we've just been relegated.  He's performed well. He'll be off most likely and I won't blame him. 

You'd imagine he'd do very well in the Championship, but considering some of the massive wages of dead wood which may be difficult to shift, might be for the best if he does go.

He's been a bright spark for us without doubt, but that's partly down to comparing with the utter dross around him. He's still quite predictable more often than not with the old cut inside and shoot.

You'd imagine he'd do very well in the Championship, but considering some of the massive wages of dead wood which may be difficult to shift, might be for the best if he does go.

He's been a bright spark for us without doubt, but that's partly down to comparing with the utter dross around him. He's still quite predictable more often than not with the old cut inside and shoot.

We've got to keep some quality to give us a chance of getting straight back up. He'd be the first on list of players to keep next season.

He will be loaned out to a prem team in the same way qpr loaned out loic  remi.  If we go back up we then have a quality addition to the squad.  Same goes for the other players we want to keep.  Perez might be loaned out also

It's a nice idea but I reckon we'll be scrambling for every penny we can get, and selling any player we get a decent offer for.

Problem with relegation - players you want to keep are the players you can't keep.

Yep exactly.  We got lucky last time.  Colo/Jonas/Enrique hadn't settled yet, Carroll was yet to feature heavily, and there were a few good pros like Nolan/Harper left who nobody else wanted but managed to help us hold it together.  I have no doubt that if we'd received decent offers for any of those players they'd have been sold to help balance the books.

I'l be gutted if he goes as I've never seen his lass with her cracking tits out and about in town  :D

I'd really like him to stay as I didn't expect him to be anywhere near as good and I think he might be tempted to give it until January but we'll see!

If there's a word that sums up a few months in the Championship, 'tempting' is not the first one I think of.

Ha ha! He seems like a decent lad who might think he owes the club for bringing him out of the Spurs under 21s - we'll see!

I think there is only really him and Lascelles that I'd be disappointed to lose. Maybe throw Mbemba and Mitrovic in that as well - the latter because I think he'll come good in the end. Townsend is comfortably our most dangerous player though.

He tried, he played fairly well. Fair play to him. Hope the talk in the BBC of a £8m release clause isn't true, but if it is good luck to him.

Why would we agree to an £8m release clause after paying £12m for him a few months earlier? I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

If there's a word that sums up a few months in the Championship, 'tempting' is not the first one I think of.

Oh I don't know...facing Burton, Rotherham or Arsenal hmmmm.

Bang on with your post about relegation meaning you can't keep the players you want to keep or need to keep as well.

Think West'am may be a good call for those who come sniffing for this lad.

He tried, he played fairly well. Fair play to him. Hope the talk in the BBC of a £8m release clause isn't true, but if it is good luck to him.

Why would we agree to an £8m release clause after paying £12m for him a few months earlier? I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

Relegation release clause surely?

Relegation release clause surely?

I tend to agree with Tron there, it's crazy to do business that way, if there is a clause it will be for what we paid for him, you would have to be out of your tiny mind and hopelessly bad at your job to agree to that....oh hang on a minute :)

Guest firetotheworks

I don't know why you continue to ask these sorts of questions despite having had almost 10 years experience of an Ashley-owned NUFC. :lol: