C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

“We’re regarded as an underclass,” Pardew said in December. “It’s beginning to bug me. I don’t hear a lot of promoting English coaches and managers. There are no English or British managers in the top teams. I get accused of being arrogant. For me, it’s self-belief. English coaches really have to have a steely resolve because the press are tougher with us.”

“Foreign ownership has taken the focus away a bit,” he continued. “Immediately I look at the Reading job [steve Clarke had just been sacked] and think ‘a foreign manager is going to get that’. Jobs come up in the Premier League and the first three or four names are foreign.”

It was good to see Pardew finally stick up for that most mistreated and downtrodden element of English society, the white, English, middle-aged football manager. It was also good to see him realise that the press are tougher on English managers than foreigners, like that time the press analysed the way little Englander Andre Villas-Boas stood on the touchline. The foreign coach has been getting an easy ride for too long, while managers like Pardew, Allardyce and Harry Redknapp are never touted for big jobs by their mates in high places. Good on the little guy!

Pardew was also right to be worried about ANOTHER foreigner coming in at Reading after massive foreigner Steve Clarke cocked things up. Brian McDermott may sound like the name of a man born in Slough, but he’s actually from the Peruvian town of Chimbote, where they only study football through analytics. Children in the town even have their eyes removed to stop them watching actual matches and believing their gut instincts. Bloody hipsters.

Of course, Pardew’s big bold statement came after Palace had beaten former club Newcastle 5-1. He’s been a lot quieter lately. On Saturday, Palace lost their seventh league game in eight, and they have now taken three league points from the last 30 available. Lose at Sunderland on Tuesday and relegation becomes a possibility.

Still, at least Pardew is well away from the top half, where all those ghastly foreigners live. Best to be in the bottom seven, with the other three English managers in the Premier League.

NB: For those keeping a record, Pardew blamed referee Jonathan Moss for Palace’s latest defeat.

http://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-and-losers-23

You want your head checked if you want a Sunderland win

A Sunderland win would be fucking majestic tbh. Not that I'm disagreeing with your statement.

If we're too fucking shit to get adequate points from a remaining fixture list including Bournemouth (H), Sunderland (H), Norwich (A), Swansea (H), Palace (H) and Villa (A), then so fucking be it.

After the weekend I'm less convinced any at palace will turn on him in great number. There's an undercurrent - online anyway - of absolutely no expectations already. He literally doesn't have to worry about lowering them which must be a dream job beyond imagining. Criticisms of underachievement are met with "m8 we're just happy to be in the league so even if 16th is his norm that's cool" etc so what can you really do.

He was played as a nominal 10 IIRC, but had no idea where to position himself so basically played as a second striker. He was shit for us anyway but like so many before him he was not helped by the king.

He's right like, we love to buy players from the best teams in Holland then wonder why they disappear when we don't have the ball.

I watch a canny bit of Eredivisie for betting purposes and it's a very entertaining league but it's not known for its grit and determination, which is why I like to bet on it. Sides like PSV basically don't do any defending, just make sure they keep the ball for 70% of the game, and if they do concede, no worries, they'll just get another one in a bit.

After the weekend I'm less convinced any at palace will turn on him in great number. There's an undercurrent - online anyway - of absolutely no expectations already. He literally doesn't have to worry about lowering them which must be a dream job beyond imagining. Criticisms of underachievement are met with "m8 we're just happy to be in the league so even if 16th is his norm that's cool" etc so what can you really do.

This is the vibe I get too, how can you be happy with a charlatan and a fraud blaming all and sundry while he takes your team on massive losing streaks? I'm not so sure Parish will hold onto him for too long

Pardew's management record against Sunderland stinks. I fully expect Crystal Palace to lose to Sunderland. A Sunderland defeat or draw would be an unexpected bonus in Newcastle's fight against relegation.

I said it before and I'll repeat it here, a draw is the best all round, can't stand to see that fuck face get 3 points but don't want Sunderland or hippo heed to get them either 1 a piece doesn't help either of them get out a rut.

Pardew's management record against Sunderland stinks. I fully expect Crystal Palace to lose to Sunderland. A Sunderland defeat or draw would be an unexpected bonus in Newcastle's fight against relegation.

Didn't Palace beat them 4-0 or something at SOL last season?

No idea. I was going by his record against Sunderland with NUFC. Even if he's beaten Sunderland once with Crystal Palace I don't have a lot of confidence in him doing it again when it will help us. Especially when Crystal Palace are in terrible form.

4-1 i think it was, all of them were hoofs forward that their fast players chased in, effective against that rabble though.