sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Defoe has issued a statement confirming he's leaving for Bournemouth. What a day for them. What's next? Carver announced as new manager?

Fair play to Defoe - I gather he's left it as long as possible so not to upset his little mate :(

Defoe has been a class act, and in a time where it sometimes feels like football has moved away from its fans Defoe has done everything he can do for Bradley and his family. I can't think of anyone in football who has done as much as Defoe has and still play. I hope he gets a great reception at every Stadium he plays at next season, especially SJP. He's been a real hero.

If ever that was a bog-standard average appointment that epitomised the fact they're not coming up for a while, this is it.

Yep :lol:

Think this just cements my thoughts that they're just going to be a mid-table Championship club for years to come.

Easiest thing in the world is to go for another one off the merry go round of Mclarens, Bruces, Moyes blah blah blah.

This is a massive change in direction with a manager who knows this division inside out, who knows how to do well in this division even though he has worked in smaller sides but has served an apprenticeship of 600+ games as a manager.

This is his biggest stage by far, it will give him the scope to test his metal in the Premiership if he makes a go of it and for me he is the perfect appointment at the perfect time. No point in appointing Billy Big Bollox then giving him £2.50 to spend.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/absolutely-delighted-with-this-appointment.1375073/

Easiest thing in the world is to go for another one off the merry go round of Mclarens, Bruces, Moyes blah blah blah.

This is a massive change in direction with a manager who knows this division inside out, who knows how to do well in this division even though he has worked in smaller sides but has served an apprenticeship of 600+ games as a manager.

This is his biggest stage by far, it will give him the scope to test his metal in the Premiership if he makes a go of it and for me he is the perfect appointment at the perfect time. No point in appointing Billy Big Bollox then giving him £2.50 to spend.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/absolutely-delighted-with-this-appointment.1375073/

Agree with everything in that quote. It could be argued regards Leeds being a bigger stage but nowt much in it either way.

My word :lol:

Agree with everything in that quote. It could be argued regards Leeds being a bigger stage but nowt much in it either way.

Aye I.think it's a safe appointment tbh. Obviously demonstrates how they've fallen, like, but they've done alright there.