Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Aye, town is a shithole but we usually take thousands down and it's a cracking day out.

I've got friends who live in Wombwell and have usually stopped over for the weekend and it's surprising how many of our lot are drinking in Barnsley on the Friday night before the game.

Aye, town is a shithole but we usually take thousands down and it's a cracking day out.

I've got friends who live in Wombwell and have usually stopped over for the weekend and it's surprising how many of our lot are drinking in Barnsley on the Friday night before the game.

Theirs a surprisingly a fair few Newcastle supporters in Doncaster/South Yorkshire which is very close to Barnsley. A lot of it is down to coal miners who went down there (I think Keegan's relatives moved from Newcastle to there initially this way), a lot of is it down to them supporting us from the Keegan connection.

The bit where he says he was won things elsewhere and now wants a project.

This.. The importance of having a project can´t be overstated for a guy that have won almost everything

It also implies that if a big club came in for him (how many are left that he can go too now?) then he'll surely be less likely to go and will want to see out his project.

I'm definitely going to get to some away games around Yorkshire like. Probably would have done so anyway, but this just confirms it.

Aye me too. Hopefully Barnsley go up.

:anguish: The reality of the Championship is hitting me

Much rather them than Milwall. I was with my dad yesterday who isn't interested in football (actually admitted that it was hooliganism that stopped from following football) and even he was saying that he hopes Milwall don't come up. In fact he even said that they should just be thrown out of the football league as they haven't even bothered to kick out the hooligans that they have like every other club has done.

Did you tell him he made a very good point and promptly go home?

I'm definitely going to get to some away games around Yorkshire like. Probably would have done so anyway, but this just confirms it.

Much rather them than Milwall. I was with my dad yesterday who isn't interested in football (actually admitted that it was hooliganism that stopped from following football) and even he was saying that he hopes Milwall don't come up. In fact he even said that they should just be thrown out of the football league as they haven't even bothered to kick out the hooligans that they have like every other club has done.

:mackems:

To be fair to Barnsley it's great to see in person what life was like in the 70s. It's like a bigger version of Beamish.

:lol:

The broken glass on top of the outer stadium walls is a nice touch.

Theirs a surprisingly a fair few Newcastle supporters in Doncaster/South Yorkshire which is very close to Barnsley. A lot of it is down to coal miners who went down there (I think Keegan's relatives moved from Newcastle to there initially this way), a lot of is it down to them supporting us from the Keegan connection.

We had a lot of fans in Yorkshire long before Keegan arrived as a player.  I used to go all over and we would meet the same people every week as we travelled South on the train.

To be fair to Barnsley it's great to see in person what life was like in the 70s. It's like a bigger version of Beamish.

I expected it to be more favela-lined than Beamish-esque, given its widely accepted status as Brazil of the North.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

What a guy

Absolute class act.

Oh God, we have a manager to love. This is crackers.

Guess we will find out soon enough who gives a sh*t. Because he said to a reporter I don't have to sell any players.

So if any leave it will be because they force moves or he doesn't want them here.

Not being arrogant, but I can see him p*ssing the league.