Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

"I have confidence that we can sign the players we NEED". "Nothing has changed".

Nothing in that presser has me worried. Seems confident and talks sense.

Give it a watch: https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv

Trust in Rafa :nods:

:thup:

One of the perks of having someone like Benitez manage your club is the trust and confidence he exudes. Fuck the pessimists. I know Rafa is only human, but he embodies all the good human and footballing values I want to see at NUFC. There was nothing in that interview to suggest that he's uncomfortable or that he wasn't telling the truth.

Guest neesy111

He'll take us up out of a loyalty he sees to the fans and then walk in the summer if they're pulling this shit again.

This.  We are fine till the summer but I can see him walking then if he's being messed about.

I don’t have any problem continuing doing things in the way that we were doing. Each club has its own way to do things. The worse was always when the owner, or the chairman, or the president, were involved talking with players. That is the worst in my experience.

Rafa has dealt with some real crap man, particularly at Real. I think we'll be fine. I think he is quite flexible when it comes to recruitment. He'll work within whatever frame is provided, as long as he can get who he wants within the framework given to him.

Guest neesy111

I'm sorry like... I don't see the problem at all, and as usual, think the reaction is way overboard. Read these quotes...

He was asked again about transfers and if he had the final say. “Yes, the club cannot sign anyone without talking with me, but at the same time, 'Can you sign whatever you want?’ We are trying to sign what we need, that's what we are trying to do. We have to try to find the players that we need.”

He was asked, also, about Ashley’s reappearance. “I think he likes the way the team is playing and he wants to enjoy life on the pitch!” Benitez replied with a smile. “In terms of that, it is the same situation. I still continue talking with Lee (Charnley, the managing director) and working every day.

“When we were winning nine games in a row, nobody was asking me this question (about meeting Ashley). I don’t have any problem continuing doing things in the way that we were doing. Each club has its own way to do things. The worse was always when the owner, or the chairman, or the president, were involved talking with players. That is the worst in my experience.

“If you have the people close to you, working with you and they have contact, I don’t have any issue with that. My compromise with the club, with the fans, with the owner, with everyone, is to try my best and try to go up. My understanding is that if you have a good manager, leave him to take responsibility.”

So Rafa says he's happy and it's fine. That should be the end of the matter, but sadly now any suggestion of meddling (even though it isn't) is in the public domain, it will be brought up at any sign of trouble.

You always say everything is overboard when it comes to football.

Find that worrying like, any Newcastle fan should.

Genuinely don't know how I would cope if Ashley started playing up again and Rafa left..... Would crush my heart and soul

That would be me and NUFC done.  Nothing could bring me back after that unless Ashley left.

Seems to be pretty much saying he wouldn't expect to have sole control over transfers, but no one can be signed without his say. Talk about coaching until the end of the season is because the questions were regarding this transfer window, and once it's shut he will be focusing on coaching the players he has.

Rafa had worst things to cope with when at Real. President like a bitch, players acting like divas. He could cope now maybe until the end of the season. Just hope Carr has a massive Kinnear-like health problem that would put him away from the club for good.

He'll take us up out of a loyalty he sees to the fans and then walk in the summer if they're pulling this s*** again.

Pardew back.

If Ashley did that, I would NEVER cross the portals of SJP again...even if they got Mourinho to take over after ANOTHER relegation battle.

The club would be a joke and quite rightly the butt of every fan in the UK.

If Rafa leaves because of interference, it should be total war against Ashley until he leaves.

Find that worrying like, any Newcastle fan should.

Genuinely don't know how I would cope if Ashley started playing up again and Rafa left..... Would crush my heart and soul

That would be me and NUFC done.  Nothing could bring me back after that unless Ashley left.

Same here. Season ticket would be cancelled instantly as it would just prove that the fat cunt was never going to learn.

If Rafa walked away because of Ashley, I'd also cancel my season ticket on the spot. I'd never return to NUFC for a match until Ashley was gone. Don't care what happens if Rafa goes. Rafa is the be all, end all as far as I'm concerned with NUFC.

If Rafa walked away because of Ashley, I'd also cancel my season ticket on the spot. I'd never return to NUFC for a match until Ashley was gone. Don't care what happens if Rafa goes. Rafa is the be all, end all as far as I'm concerned with NUFC.

I think a large proportion of our support would feel the same, only qualifier I'd add is for me it is not Rafa as such, more what he represents: manager not just coach, expertise and strong leadership, and basically he has good values. NUFC--in terms of the heritage and meaning to the region/fan base--is and should be the be all and end all. Unless it is so tarnished and enveloped by unscrupulous ownership and or management that it turns away its people (again).

I only bought my season ticket because we kept Rafa on, it's my first and it'll be my last until Ashley leaves if Rafa goes this summer because of any transfer policy.

Not that I'm worrying at this stage in the slightest. I still think people are overreacting.

I'm sure that many members of the press 'would love it' KK style if something explosive happened.  Could be that MA has said that he is really pleased with the way things are going but would still like to see us buying some young players for investment purposes.  That's what owners do but of course MA has proved to be a different animal to the norm

I suspect theres just been a meeting or chat about transfers, probably amicable. Where Ashley/ Carr have expressed a wish to buy in Younger talent, so we get the benefit of their motivation, resale value- commitment to actually try and also listen to the manager.

Rafa  agreed, and said thats how he would like to build a club- but- a squad needs a few old heads, with a bit of experience when needed. be it to come in during injuries, or when the younger players have lost their way in a game/ run of games. And right on cue- Murphy steps up to make the point.

and also that the benefit of this experience and help to the younger players, will only improve their development and subsequent value to us first and others if we sell on..

Everyone went away happy.