Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest Open_C

Thought we were awful and second best in the first half. Like Tron says reminiscent of SMC early days where we tried to play football but lacked ability, confidence and cutting edge. While giving away chances. Second half was better from us but Sunderland/Big Sam also bottled it.

Sunderland bottled it but we actually took advantage of that, which is a definite step forward for me :)

Guest Open_C

Aye but there's not many worse teams than them in the league either.

Nope, but we're theoretically if not actually one of them, so I'll still take it :thup:

Aye but there's not many worse teams than them in the league either.

Nope, but we're theoretically if not actually one of them, so I'll still take it :thup:

Sunderland are better than they are getting credit for tbh. Fat cunt has replaced two has been ex Man U crocks with Kone and Kaboul. Not perfect, but at least physically competent. Kerchoff, Khazri  and M'Vila are decent in midfield, and they have a genuine goal scorer up front. It worries me far more than Norwich tbh.

How is this bloke our manager, man? :lol:

Literally had no interest in us staying up until he took charge. There's still hope and for that I'm thankful towards him. What a man.

My scouse mate, who is a genuine scouser and a massive fan, not a plastic glory boy.  So I actually respect his opinion.  Has been spot on about Rafa, from what I have seen so far.

The gist of it was:

Rafa will have you scratching your head at some of his substitutions.  But that they will often end up panning out  - I think they nearly did at Leicester and yesterday, we were better off after the subs. 

That he will infuriate you, with some of his favourites, that the fans don't necessarily like - Still early days, but I guess you could argue he really likes the look of de Jong.  I don't think a lot of match going fans, see it the same way. 

He is stubborn and he will play his way, whether the fans like it or not.  There will be a lot of seemingly slow, methodical passing and possession for possession's sake - the crowd were getting restless, pretty early on, I thought.  Which was a bit mental.  As whenever we went direct, the ball came straight back.  I thought in both of his games so far, there was a lot of sideways and backwards passing, along the back four.  I don't mind that if we're trying to work an opening.  But I do think we go back to Elliot, too often. 

This sounds like the guy was being negative, he wasn't.  He absolutely loves Rafa and he wasn't pointing these things out as flaws.  Just that he can split opinion.

He said a lot of things. About how he'll make us much better from set pieces, more organised, more compact, better defensively etc.  I like what I see so far and it looks like the scouser was right.  I just hope it's not too late for any of it to matter.......

Wrote this on KIs Insta, might as well lob it here too, not sure if it's been mentioned.

Today is Down syndrome awareness day. They encourage people to wear "funky socks" at work. Rafa and his wife donated to a DS charity near Liverpool before.

Makes it even better iyam.

Guest firetotheworks

Wrote this on KIs Insta, might as well lob it here too, not sure if it's been mentioned.

Today is Down syndrome awareness day. They encourage people to wear "funky socks" at work. Rafa and his wife donated to a DS charity near Liverpool before.

I like that he's done it without mentioning it as well.

I like that he's done it without mentioning it as well.

Class that, like.

From the first team only Wijnaldum, Sissoko and Aarons are going away on international duty. Janmaat has withdrawn from the Netherlands squad due to injury. It means Rafa and his team will get to work with the majority of the first team during the international break. He'll probably need to come up with a plan for when Shelvey is out as he is 1 yellow card away from a 2 game ban.

From the first team only Wijnaldum, Sissoko and Aarons are going away on international duty. Janmaat has withdrawn from the Netherlands squad due to injury. It means Rafa and his team will get to work with the majority of the first team during the international break. He'll probably need to come up with a plan for when Shelvey is out as he is 1 yellow card away from a 2 game ban.

So only Wijnaldum and Sissoko then as Aarons isn't going to play regardless, i'd say it's a positive that the large majority of the squad get to work under him for another week or so and hopefully it bears fruit against Norwich.