Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Very frustrating there is an international game right now.

Gives us 2 weeks to work on a game plan for Norwich so may be a positive.

At least we know it will be better than the 18 day gameplan SMC came up with against Stoke :lol:

Wrote this on KIs Insta, might as well lob it here too, not sure if it's been mentioned.

Today is Down syndrome awareness day. They encourage people to wear "funky socks" at work. Rafa and his wife donated to a DS charity near Liverpool before.

Makes it even better iyam.

I like that he's done it without mentioning it as well.

Class that, like.

Is this guy the Spanish Ace Rimmer or something...what a guy...

From the first team only Wijnaldum, Sissoko and Aarons are going away on international duty. Janmaat has withdrawn from the Netherlands squad due to injury. It means Rafa and his team will get to work with the majority of the first team during the international break. He'll probably need to come up with a plan for when Shelvey is out as he is 1 yellow card away from a 2 game ban.

Only has to get through the Norwich and Southampton games.  Easier said than done, of course.  But Colback managed to avoid getting a yellow for weeks.  Only to finally get his 10th booking, against the mackems. 

Shelvey was launching into tackles and seemed really fired up, yesterday.  But it's not like he always plays like that. 

Think the derby came too quick for his managerial reign here. The fans were up for it, players were nervy, relegation dogfight. But still he managed to salvage something. Love the guy. Dread to think we only have 8 games more under him. :sad:

If he likes De Jong, then thank fuck[emoji38]The guy is brilliant imo, just needs a long run in the team. Improved us a lot when he came on. Quality player imo.

We've seen nothing to suggest he's brilliant yet like.

Think the derby came too quick for his managerial reign here. The fans were up for it, players were nervy, relegation dogfight. But still he managed to salvage something.

I think there's definitely something in this.

While the Norwich game is obviously massive, it doesn't have all the added spice of being a local derby and I firmly believe we'll beat them.

Wrote this on KIs Insta, might as well lob it here too, not sure if it's been mentioned.

Today is Down syndrome awareness day. They encourage people to wear "funky socks" at work. Rafa and his wife donated to a DS charity near Liverpool before.

Makes it even better iyam.

I like that he's done it without mentioning it as well.

Class that, like.

Is this guy the Spanish Ace Rimmer or something...what a guy...

[emoji38][emoji38]

He has got almost the whole squad to work with apart from Janmaat, Gini and Sissoko during the international break. Hope he could also get some players back from injury too.

And Mitrović.

Who are you playing? 1 or 2 games? Didn't think he was going away as .com didn't list him being called up.

Norwich have looked better in recent weeks. I'm not optimistic. A draw means we'd probably need to get 5 more points than them from our remaining 7/8 games. Which is highly unlikely.

Go away from home...... and win. A must. A draw keeps us on life support, a win for Norwich kills us.

doesnt a draw leave us 3 points behind meaning we would need 4 more points than them? with a game in hand.

It's going to be very intriguing seeing what he does with the flanks for the next one. I expect our lot to be much more up for it, I think the point and situation from the weekend will provide a big psychological boost. Hopefully the Sissoko on the left experiment is done for home games (at the very least), he just doesn't look to have the qualities to play that side.

What I'm slightly encouraged by is that Sunderland are probably the worst sort of opponent for us - they defend deep, they're compact, they choke space and they've got 2 really physical players in front of an already big defence. Norwich don't have that, Swansea don't have that, Villa don't have that and neither do Palace. I expect us to compete much better in the middle of the park against them and, as they're more open sides, see more space to attack. We've got some decent technical ability in the team so I fancy us to match those teams much better and it'll be those sorts of matches where we see Benitez's tactics become more prevalent. This is far from done yet, like.