Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

That ownership of a club question is f***ing idiotic, so I'll ignore that one.

Managerial choices aren't all that hard to work out. Find a manager who hasn't been s*** for his entire career, hire him. There are about 15 of them I'd be happy with in the PL. Rafa is a perfectly good choice. Still doesn't go anywhere near making up for 8 years of destroying the club.

He can't change what he's done or allowed to be done but appointing one of the best managers going will be a start and something to look forward to.  Nobody is trying to absolve him of the shit we've been through.

You mean you weren't aware of the potential Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha had to be a top class owner before he took over at Leicester? And you call yourself a fan.

TCD levels of backtracking going on here. It was just a wind up right?

So who does he keep? Who gets sold and who's just told to move on?

I reckon he'll put most of his energy into rebuilding the youth team and putting the foundations in.. this could see Beardsley out the door along with Carr.

This could literally be the first time Rafa has been given a blank canvas to work with..... the possibilities!

You have billionaires buying championship clubs when Prem clubs might have been available.. Sometimes it´s not really all about money but about having a club of your own to run.

For a non-billionaire (like most of us) to be in a position to actually be told that you´ll be the captain of the ship must be tempting.

Ashley is in my view a guy that would happily stay in the background raking in the commercial/financial benefits of having a successful club while someone else (Like Rafa) do the complicated bits.. like buying a defender or two.

The budget talks might get interesting of course.. Managers want money to spend and owners want profits but then again Ashley is used to play with high stakes. I can see him making a bid for success with Rafa, might be naive of me of course but the financial windfall of success is something that might tempt anyone.

Can't get excited until it's confirmed but as big news as staying up would have been. Can't put into to words how much hope this appointment would create.

Championship will be a great place to build, especially for the likes of Armstrong, lascelles and Aarons. Really think the players Rafa wants to keep would stay too. 

So who does he keep? Who gets sold and who's just told to move on?

I reckon he'll put most of his energy into rebuilding the youth team and putting the foundations in.. this could see Beardsley out the door along with Carr.

This could literally be the first time Rafa has been given a blank canvas to work with..... the possibilities!

Id like to think that he'll be putting most of his energy into getting us back up first!!

Oh my God, how can i be this excited and happy :lol: :lol: Feels like we've won the Champions League after being 5-0 down after the 1st half. And we've just been relegated FFS :lol:

And it's not only about us getting Rafa who is way too good for us to be honest. It has sooo much to do with him being given assurances and all his demands accepted (written)

This could potentially mean so so much to us, total change of policy and ambition if Ashley keeps all his promises for once. And i'm sure that Rafa and his team will make this bullet

proof so that there can be no escape, but lets just hope that this can last for ages. Finally finally some hope and i don't remember the last time i was this happy, it's insane :lol:

Please get it confirmed asap. Jesus i can't breath :lol:

I haven't been in Newcastle since Emre curled in that freekick against Sunderland, for many reasons. If we get Rafa confirmed i will go to at least a couple of games.

That ownership of a club question is f***ing idiotic, so I'll ignore that one.

Managerial choices aren't all that hard to work out. Find a manager who hasn't been s*** for his entire career, hire him. There are about 15 of them I'd be happy with in the PL. Rafa is a perfectly good choice. Still doesn't go anywhere near making up for 8 years of destroying the club.

He can't change what he's done or allowed to be done but appointing one of the best managers going will be a start and something to look forward to.  Nobody is trying to absolve him of the shit we've been through.

in the back of my mind i'm as cynical as semtex over this really, it's more than likely ashley's latest attempt to placate people and hang on the advertising vehicle by getting it back in the bright lights of the PL asap

however if it is that then ceding unprecedented amounts of control to a manager with the history of benitez (with owners) and putting it all in writing seems a strange way to go about it if he decides to fuck it all off in the end and shaft us again, when as semtex himself says there's plenty of other managers around with a track record of not being shit that he could hire instead

it's the hope the kills you in the end

We didn't average over 50k in 2010. When was this?

56,283 Division Two 1947/8

Was that the season the reserves averaged 48000 also?

Not sure, I would suggest asking Mick, he was probably at most games that season.

:lol: Never gets old, unlike Mick.

:spit: