Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest firetotheworks

Phew. There'll be absolute hell on if Rafa leaves like.

Sure wouldn't want to be in Ashley's shoes at the next home game when the fans pay him to fill his ground, buy his overpriced beer, sing songs about him and possibly even indulge in some mild grumbling before leaving early to beat the traffic. Watch your back Mike!

f*** off blaming the fans, man. It's Mike, not the supporters. Remember when Pardew blamed the fans? It's a c***'s trick.

Most wrongly blaming the fans are subscribers of SKY which funds Mike far far more than any turnstile.

2 games into the season and already the internet turns on fellow fans, a good percentage of whom have been going for decades. Love owt like this.

I gave up going 3 years ago because I couldn't stomach putting a single penny more in Mike Ashley's pocket. If everyone else had done the same, he'd be a distant memory.

An absolute martyr.

Keep doing what you're doing mate, cling on to Mike. He'll change. He's promised.

If nobody turned up to games Mike would still be here collecting the huge amounts of TV money. Money which dwarves the gate receipts. "Distant memory" [emoji38] He's a money man and cares not one bit about the fans.

Your opinion, I disagree. Keep stuffing your money into his pockets. See how much it helps.

Emily Davison - Threw herself infront of the King's horse.

Rosa Parks - refused to give up her seat for a white man

Wullie - watches the matches on Sky instead

Snide streams actually. Fight the power.

[emoji38]

Not having a go here whatsoever Wullie, but what are your thoughts on the "never give up on supporting your club, he is one man" Keegan quote?

Nice sentiment, doesn't work in reality. He's the most ruthless of businessmen, and allowing sentiment to cloud judgement is what he thrives on, why he bought Newcastle, because he knows the supporters will fill his pockets come hell or high water.

It also completely depends on your interpretation of supporting the club. As far as I'm concerned the best thing any supporter could do is not go to matches if/when Rafa goes. People have far too simple a view of what it is to be a fan imo. For me it's not about enduring s*** and wearing it as a badge of honour, it's about doing what's within your power as a fan to help the club as much as possible. To repeat, as far as I'm concerned, the best thing anyone could do under Ashley is to stop going to matches. People can obviously think differently, but to me it's as clear as anything.

The bold is what I'm going to try my best to do should it come to that. It'd be hard for me personally, I posted a few weeks back in the Bystanders thread why it would be.

I think people rightly and fairly hung on to the idea that under Rafa things HAD TO change because anyone with a brain cell wouldn't be the choosing beggars that this club is. Obviously it is though because Ashley's spectacular idiocy knows no bounds, expanding beyond the realms of what should be fantasy - Real Madrid's last manager wanting to manage the club and make it a success for everyone.

It's now as crystal clear as it could ever be that until something is done to force Ashley's hand, he'll be here to turn the club's soul into toxic waste, probably irreversibly so unless everyone collectively makes the right stand.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm absolutely desperate for Rafa to leave and to effectively lose all feeling for the club I've supported my entire life so I can be right on the internet mind. What a victory that will be.

I know, unreal. Not to mention it was us that were being criticised for being bedwetters, not the other way around. Absolutely staggering stuff.

I think he'll stay on for the season out of duty to fans and players, but he won't continue on after that, whatever happens. Sad.

So deflating. I was really looking forward to the season and now this shite, and there's absolutely no way that this won't transmit to our lot tomorrow. Mike Ashley, man. I honestly don't give a toss about him putting his own money in or whatever, I just really don't get what there was to gain from lying to a manager about a budget that the club apparently has on its own. I always feel like there's some tactical purpose to his thought process but he's just taking the piss.

Guest firetotheworks

I completely understand people going to matches, I'm saying that your 'it'll make no difference therefore going to matches is the only choice' point doesn't hold any weight precisely because of the bit about it making no difference. If it'll make no difference, take a stand on principle.

I didn't even say that it's the only choice ??? I just understand why some will always go, despite the politics. Many go to get away from politics, so it makes a difference to them. Wouldn't me, and obviously not you...but I hate people slagging off fellow fans. It's what Mike's revels in.

Fair enough but I think the criticism is valid, constructive and nothing to do with Ashley's separate criticism. I personally think there are fans who are standing in the way of the very thing that we need to be fighting and the very thing they still complain about whilst paying Ashley for the privilege. My criticism and opinion on that won't change until they do tbh.

Problem is, our support has changed so much over the last few years because of s*** like this that I geneuinely think it'll hardly impact the attendance. You'll still get the happy clappers and melts that believed Ashley was genuine in his sky interview and al that bollocks.

I was in the Strawberry before the Spurs game and some bloke spoke to me in there saying how we can't blame Ashley, and that the only person Rafa has to blame is himself "he signed s*** players that he can't sell and that's why he's unhappy" was what he said, I could have lamped him - you can't argue with people like that, and I fear a lot of the match going support these days will feel the same.

Was it Zero?

I don't think so, may be you should read his posts again before posting shits like this?

If Rafa has planned to leave after the West Ham game as suggested on here earlier this week, I guess the club must know about it.  It wouldn't surprise me if they went and bought a decent player out of spite and also to try and defuse the inevitable fall out. 

Ashley is on record as stating that "Every penny the club generates he can have, but it doesn't generate enough"

I presume that Rafa sought clarification as to what this actually meant and how much we were looking at as a transfer kitty. I presume the answer wasn't that  the gross income that would be available  but the net profit and football clubs are generally and have always been unprofitable. Ashley has stated that he won't invest any more of his money and he's not going to spend money that the club hasn't yet received.

So why did Rafa not understand this? Did they not spell out the reality of what our position was going to be or has Rafa just ignored it and tried to fight a proxy battle through the press to get his own way?

Of course the club could be a lot more profitable if Ashley ran it professionally and maximised commercial income among other things but that's a different discussion. Equally other clubs are prepared to effectively gamble money they don't have to buy success but again Ashley has made it very clear that he won't do that so no surprise there.

Ashley has to be driven out of the club and that has been the case for over a decade now, that will happen when the ground is empty, or near enough, there is no other reason I can see that will get him out.

Guest chopey

It will all leading to Rafa walking today he has done his best to call Ashley out but the "craigy" interview has convinced the pundits and the majority of football fans that Rafa's negativity is the issue and not the fact that he's scratting in the whoops shelf for signings, it was great whilst it lasted and I was really enjoying supporting us again, however like everything Ashley touches it turns cheap and the name is forever tainted

Ashley is on record as stating that "Every penny the club generates he can have, but it doesn't generate enough"

I presume that Rafa sought clarification as to what this actually meant and how much we were looking at as a transfer kitty. I presume the answer wasn't that  the gross income that would be available  but the net profit and football clubs are generally and have always been unprofitable. Ashley has stated that he won't invest any more of his money and he's not going to spend money that the club hasn't yet received.

So why did Rafa not understand this? Did they not spell out the reality of what our position was going to be or has Rafa just ignored it and tried to fight a proxy battle through the press to get his own way?

Of course the club could be a lot more profitable if Ashley ran it professionally and maximised commercial income among other things but that's a different discussion. Equally other clubs are prepared to effectively gamble money they don't have to buy success but again Ashley has made it very clear that he won't do that so no surprise there.

Ashley has to be driven out of the club and that has been the case for over a decade now, that will happen when the ground is empty, or near enough, there is no other reason I can see that will get him out.

This is about where I am, and the bit in bold is very pertinent. The way Ashley is holding the purse strings is perfectly in keeping with his methods, but Rafa is surprised. After meeting to address specifically this question of what "every penny" meant.

I reckon Rafa plans to stay until summer, but January could prove a massive test of this loyalty to the players he signed and the fans.

Can see supporter discontent growing in the second half of the season if we're in the bottom 5 or so all year. The whole situation has the feeling of something about to snowball all the way to the Championship in May. :(

Phew. There'll be absolute hell on if Rafa leaves like.

Sure wouldn't want to be in Ashley's shoes at the next home game when the fans pay him to fill his ground, buy his overpriced beer, sing songs about him and possibly even indulge in some mild grumbling before leaving early to beat the traffic. Watch your back Mike!

Fuck off blaming the fans, man. It's Mike, not the supporters. Remember when Pardew blamed the fans? It's a cunt's trick.

Most wrongly blaming the fans are subscribers of SKY which funds Mike far far more than any turnstile.

2 games into the season and already the internet turns on fellow fans, a good percentage of whom have been going for decades. Love owt like this.

I gave up going 3 years ago because I couldn't stomach putting a single penny more in Mike Ashley's pocket. If everyone else had done the same, he'd be a distant memory.

An absolute martyr.

Keep doing what you're doing mate, cling on to Mike. He'll change. He's promised.

If nobody turned up to games Mike would still be here collecting the huge amounts of TV money. Money which dwarves the gate receipts. "Distant memory" :lol: He's a money man and cares not one bit about the fans.

Your opinion, I disagree. Keep stuffing your money into his pockets. See how much it helps.

Emily Davison - Threw herself infront of the King's horse.

Rosa Parks - refused to give up her seat for a white man

Wullie - watches the matches on Sky instead

Howay man. What's the point in craic like this? Does it make your feel better about yourself?

Wullie's proposing that we do something different to try and change the club for the better. Disagree, if you want, but the belittling and sarcasm totally undermines any reasonable argument you might have.

Ashley just loves f***ing over Newcastle supporters and spoiling our weekend. 50000+ people in the palm of his hand, who he can f*** off on a whim. It's personal - make no mistake.

The fan base collectively has been Ashley's latest Dave Whelan "whipping boy" for years. The "fat cunt bastard" chants probably still haunt his brittle & massive ego long after the fact - probably ranks up there, as a slight, with Whelan mistaking him for and brushing him off as the hired garden help at a business meeting. Sure he's business man first & foremost, the moniker Sports Direct United exists for a reason - I refuse to acknowledge this incarnation of the club by it's proper name. Make no mistake though, the man's spite & vindictiveness has no boundaries and the fanbase is his bitch, just like he once made Whelan his bitch.

Anyway, just came in to say, fucks sakes, those quotes are grim.

Maybe the box people were right? Thinking about it, it would seem feasible to me that if RB signalled his intentions to leave that MA might give him a deal on that reverse pay off arrangement if he waited until the transfer window closes to go. That way MA isn't put under any pressure whatsoever to buy a new manager new players before the window closes.

I haven't read the latest in this thread but I am sick to the back teeth of people offering their 'alternative opinions' on why Rafa (despite being our only hope) is playing a 'mare at the moment.

Ashley is the problem. Ashley lied and misled fans. Ashley has done this all before with our heroes. Ashley is a cunt.

Now let's give Rafa some hope and get behind him and his lads today. Together we can turn this around regardless of that twat of an owner.

The rest will come out in the washing.

It feels like we have negative quotes before every game. It's no wonder the players play like they have the weight of the world on their shoulders.

Rafa is right, but I think it's time he saved it for when he leaves.

Local press a lot more positive than the nationals this morning. Even including the same quotes in some cases. Hopefully a load of worrying for nothing last night, definitely feels like a case of when, not if though. Bad shit always seems to happen in international breaks too.

Need a win today at all costs.

All these people done with the club if he leaves going to delete their account on here? Or just piss and moan for a little while longer and still be here in ten years time talking about walking away? Don't worry, I know the answer.

Rafa has us beat today before kicking a ball. Cheers fella, awesome end to your reign.