Norwich City vs Newcastle United - Saturday 2nd April 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Norwich City FCVerified account

‏@NorwichCityFC

25,000 clap banners have been distributed around Carrow Road for today's game!

Welcome to the Premier League in 2016. Fans are no longer capable of creating an atmosphere without the need for some pathetic gimmick.

1-0 loss. Relegated.

This is such an important game, not sure I can stomach watching it. I've not been nervous since Villa away in our relegation season.

Prepare yourself for the worst and when it inevitably happens, as it does with Newcastle, it doesn't feel quite so bad.

Very very worried today. This game could have a bigger impact on the club than any in years. Win and the dream of being in the PL with a world class manager is on, we might even win something. Lose and it sets us back years

I've been supremely confident about this for 2 weeks. Norwich are one of two sides definitely worse than us, but we like to fuck up spectacularly.

To be honest, I'm now leaning towards a minging draw.

Guest neesy111

I've been supremely confident about this for 2 weeks. Norwich are one of two sides definitely worse than us, but we like to fuck up spectacularly.

To be honest, I'm now leaning towards a minging draw.

They aren't worse than us, the league table doesn't lie.

They aren't worse than us, the league table doesn't lie.

It doesn't reflect our current situation, it reflects a team that was managed coached for 28 games by McClaren.

Had a look on their forum, they are very confident they'll win. Some predict a close match but a lot of them think they'll win 3-0 or 3-1.

No surprise really. We've won half as many away games as they have home games, and lost twice as many away games as they have at home. They've also won twice as many games against the league's shit teams as we have from the same number of attempts, so it's not like we have fixtures as an excuse.

We've only gained one more point away from home than fucking Aston Villa, and lost as many times as them. We are the very definition of a home banker, for anyone in the league.

Yeah, true, we are very turd, and have been for like 10 years, but it still feels kind of weird being the underdog when playing Norwich (and every other fucking team in the Premier League) :)

I've really been hooked-in again this season (shit timing or what) and although shed loads of work to do, I can't concentrate on anything else. Really feel I need to watch. Wish it was on Sky so I could get via Now TV.

5Live getting stuck in, along with George Caulkin. Says what we already know - we have quality individuals, but we are not a team and haven't been since the start of the season. Still no criticism of Mike Ashley and Lee Charnley, which I find more  worrying. Why do the media always ignore the massive elephant in the room, who has not only allowed this to happen, but encouraged it?

Mind boggling.

It's so weird knowing we have a manager now who can actually make a difference during a game, let's hope those skills are not needed too much today.

Essentially the last god knows how many seasons, our wins may well have been down to having slightly better players in some positions than the opposition, or those particular players trying to get noticed for the tv cameras.

Not through the managers motivation skills or tactical astuteness.

Benitez has now had some proper time to spend with this rabble.. today should really be the first game where his ethos starts to take shape.