Norwich City vs Newcastle United - Saturday 2nd April 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Starting to get pre-game nerves now! Realisation at how big this game is.

My away game partner in crime cant go tomorrow, so I booked a weekend away for me and the Mrs... conveniently and totally coincidentally :naughty: Norwich is on the route to the hotel so I surprised her last night with the fact that if she wants to go away for the weekend then she has to come to this first :lol:

Are you available for relationship coaching? 'cause I've got lifestyle envy (wife style envy?).

:lol: It's an expensive lifestyle! She'll be delighted if we lose and I spend the entire weekend looking for stones to put into my shoes so I can walk out into the North Sea.

I wonder if Rafa will go

--------------------Darlow-----

Janmaat--Mbemba--Lascalles--Sissoko

-------------Tiote--------Shelvey----------

Townsend-------De jong-------Wijnaldum

-------------------Mitrovic--------------------

Or maybe even 3-5-2.........either way I think we're f00ked tbh but who knows.

Think it depends how we start the game, our confidence is that delicate. If we start as we did at Leicester I think we'll win but start as we did against the mackems and we'll see our usual gutless away showing.

No way we'll start like we did against the mackems.

After scoring just 7 goals away from home all season I've got no faith in them scoring the 2 or 3 they're going to needed in order to win tomorrow. I can see us playing reasonably well and losing narrowly again.

Struggle to keep clean sheets and score more than one a game.

Yeah, this is how I see it. Rafa will know every strength and weakness of that Norwich side which is something to cling onto but we're reliant on inexperienced players playing above themselves to get a result and I envisage more sinking than swimming.

I've realized that I'm just not going to watch this game. A bipolar combination of habitual apathy built up throughout the season and sheer terror knowing that the club as we know it is probably done if we lose.

Benitez will also turn to Moussa Sissoko, targeted by supporters for a perceived poor attitude, to fill in an unfamiliar role at left back because of injuries and suspensions.

“I had a conversation with him yesterday and said "Listen, you are so important, even if you have to play as a striker or a keeper or maybe as a left full back,” added Benitez. “Yesterday we were practising with him in this position. If you ask him what do you prefer, he would say he wants to play as a number ten or a winger or whatever but he knows he is a key player for us and if he has to do it, he will do it.

“When I came and started talking to players individually, one of them was Moussa. He was very positive.”

Keep changing my mind over the starting lineup but I'd happily take either of:

Darlow

Janmaat Mbemba Lascelles Sissoko

Townsend Shelvey Tiote Perez

Mitro Cisse

OR

Darlow

Janmaat Mbemba Lascelles Sissoko

Shelvey Tiote

Townsend De Jong Perez

Mitro

It's good that Tiote is back. Hope he can pick up where he left off because I remember he was at his best the last time he played. I think it should be Mitrovic-Cisse upfront instead of De Jong supporting one of them. We need goals and to have the best chance of that, we need two upfront even if 1 of them has been misfiring. Ideally, all three should play upfront but don't know who to take out.

Feeling positive about this game. The players are easily good enough to win this match, they just lost all direction under a succession of gobshites coaching them. Getting the late goal and not losing last week will hopefully have given them the lift needed.

If Tiote plays that's a huge bonus.

Perez, Wijnaldum and Townsend could essentially keep swapping places all match across the midfield. Shelvey also needs to have a good game, maybe Tiote can buy him enough time on the ball to do some damage.

Time for a few of these fuckers to stand up and be counted.

Feeling positive about this game. The players are easily good enough to win this match, they just lost all direction under a succession of gobshites coaching them. Getting the late goal and not losing last week will hopefully have given them the lift needed.

If Tiote plays that's a huge bonus.

Perez, Wijnaldum and Townsend could essentially keep swapping places all match across the midfield. Shelvey also needs to have a good game, maybe Tiote can buy him enough time on the ball to do some damage.

Time for a few of these fuckers to stand up and be counted.

A huge bonus if Cheick fucking Tiote plays. Christ, we're at rock bottom, as a club and a fan base.

A huge bonus if Cheick f***ing Tiote plays. Christ, we're at rock bottom, as a club and a fan base.

Tiote can be an effective player when he keeps it simple, it's when he tries to be more than he actually is that he turns to shit.  Tiote at his best is good enough to get into our team.

Darlow

Janmaat

Lacelles

Mbemba

Sissoko

Townsend

Tiote

Shelvey

Gini

De Jong / Cisse

Mitro

De Jong has looked good when he's came on and seems to control games!

De Jong ahead of Cisse and I think that's what I would go for.

I like that for the first time in what feels like forever we could have a really physically imposing lineup - 8 of that 11 are 6ft-plus and Tiote is no shrinking violet. Norwich are quite a lightweight side, especially in midfield, we should be looking to dominate them from the start I reckon.