Norwich City vs Newcastle United - Saturday 2nd April 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Feeling positive about this game. The players are easily good enough to win this match, they just lost all direction under a succession of gobshites coaching them. Getting the late goal and not losing last week will hopefully have given them the lift needed.

If Tiote plays that's a huge bonus.

Perez, Wijnaldum and Townsend could essentially keep swapping places all match across the midfield. Shelvey also needs to have a good game, maybe Tiote can buy him enough time on the ball to do some damage.

Time for a few of these f***ers to stand up and be counted.

A huge bonus if Cheick f***ing Tiote plays. Christ, we're at rock bottom, as a club and a fan base.

He is by far superior to anyone else that can sit in alongside Shelvey.

We need better than him in the summer if we stay up but he's levels above the Anitas and Colbacks and I dont see a midfield 2 of Shelvey and Wiji/De Jong ever working.

Saivet is the only other option for me.

Pre-match delusional mode kicking-in big style: score first and we're going win 3-2. 1-0 (us), 2-0, 2-1, HT, 3-1, 3-2, much collective shitting of pants...sweet sound of final whistle.

f*** that s***! Don't think my heart could take it :lol:

I did think about the prospect of it going 2-2, then 3-2 but didn't even want to imagine that kind of tension!

If it's to be Sissoko at LB then I'd go.

Darlow

Janmaat            Mbemba            Lascelles              Sissoko

Wijnaldum            Shelvey            Tiote                  Townsend

Cisse            Mitrovic

An old fashioned 4-4-2, to all intents and purposes.

Think Shelvey would benefit from having a holding midfielder alongside him, he hasn't looked comfortable playing as the sitter IMO. Gini and Townsend playing wide as proper wingers to get balls into the box for Mitro and Cisse. Both can take a man on and have a decent delivery on them. With Mitro's size and Cisse's movement I think they'd be tough to deal with if they had some decent service from out wide.

Tempting to start SDJ as he helps our build up play but to be honest I think the chances of us turning into a cohesive attacking unit at this point in the season are pretty low. Keep it simple, two solid banks of four in defense and a target man to aim for with a proven goalscorer up there alongside him. Then a bit of pace out wide.

Not overly complex but it could be effective IMO.

Had a look on their forum, they are very confident they'll win. Some predict a close match but a lot of them think they'll win 3-0 or 3-1.

Also, what the fuck is all that pink on their forum all about? Some breast cancer support thing? Liked the giant retirement home ad as well. Awful viewing experience.

Had a look on their forum, they are very confident they'll win. Some predict a close match but a lot of them think they'll win 3-0 or 3-1.

No surprise really. We've won half as many away games as they have home games, and lost twice as many away games as they have at home. They've also won twice as many games against the league's shit teams as we have from the same number of attempts, so it's not like we have fixtures as an excuse.

We've only gained one more point away from home than fucking Aston Villa, and lost as many times as them. We are the very definition of a home banker, for anyone in the league.

Worried we are gonna lose this now 1-0.  We'll create 2-3 openings but squander them.  They will probably score just before or after half time.

Mackems have the easiest fixture other than Villa in the league today and will win.  Another day of NUFC misery

Guest firetotheworks

Gonna go balls out of the bath on this one and say that if we win we'll stay up. Lose or draw and we'll go down.