Aston Villa 0 - 0 Newcastle United - Post-match relegation from p.34

Kaizero

Fucking devastated, it's the hope that hurts the most. Rafa dangled in front of our noses, but too late to save us. We'll enter next season against the likes of Wigan and Burton with some dinosaur of a shit manager.

What a wank performance, equally as bad as the one in 2009. Even worse to see Chelsea not turn up after they turned up on Monday and tried everything and anything to stop Spurs.

Villa fans proving once more that they're a tiny, shit, horrible little wank of a club that deserves to fall down the league pyramid and never come back.

Nufc.com

Not good enough

Aston Villa  0  Newcastle  0

Newcastle limped their way to the Championship on a sunny day in May at Villa Park - just like they had done in 2009 - with an abject performance against one of the poorest clubs the Premier League has ever seen.

Aston Villa's side have tumbled out of the league with a paltry points total to rival Derby County and the mackems but they also take with them some of the worst fans and stewards. Their absence from the top tier simply cannot be for long enough.

Revelling in our demise again for reasons still to be explained, their pathetic beach ball and balloon protest hampered our endeavours to win this game, with stewards making laughable attempts to clear them away one at a time. Why didn't they didn't just burst the damn things?

But Rafa's side have no excuses for a woeful display which barely mustered an effort on target against the leakiest defence in the league. The first 45 minutes were an absolute disgrace and a complete waste of a half.

Only the players and manager know why such a cautious approach was taken from the first whistle in the mother of all must-win games against such woeful opposition.

Chief culprits were players who have gone missing all season with Gini Wijnaldum, Jack Colback and Papiss Cisse ambling around without a care in the world while Moussa Sissoko and Andros Townsend ran up blind alleys all afternoon.

There weren't many in the black and white today who could claim they gave their all and although Jamaal Lascelles and Chancel Mbemba were solid defensively they offered very little at set pieces.

Vurnon Anita's crosses were invariably blocked and although Paul Dummett couldn't be faulted for effort, his quality of passing and crosses was like his colleague's, simply not good enough. 

Karl Darlow pulled off the one save he needed but few others can look themselves in the mirror and claim they gave it everything.

Cisse's abysmal showing was thankfully ended after two shockingly careless flicks at the start of the second half and at least Aleksandar Mitrovic came on and tried.

But of the Serb's three efforts at goal, none were on target and that tells its own tale as to why this season will end in relegation.

Ayoze Perez replaced Cheick Tiote who had done a reasonable job in midfield but apart from winning a few corners, his introduction was like everything else in this campaign - too little, too late.

Colback should have buried a left-footed shot two minutes after the break but fired over and then just after the hour Mitrovic should have fired hard and low but tried to lob Mark Bunn and cleared the crossbar.

Mitrovic twice headed wide and Wijnaldum hit an effort in added time that was blocked by Kieran Clark before Townsend was given the chance to reprise his Palace free-kick from last week.

From almost an identical position his kick was hit well and on-target but never looked like beating Bunn who caught it comfortably.

And with that any chance of three points evaporated leaving the gloating home fans to cheer a goalless draw as they wave goodbye to the Premier League.

It seems certain that we will be doing the same next Sunday.

Shame on everyone responsible for not doing enough to prevent it happening, after having had ample warning last season and the season before.

It's doubtful whether anyone in a position of power at the club will do the decent thing but one person above all others should offer their resignation as soon as our fate is sealed - the one who appointed Steve McClaren. Gross misconduct of the highest order.

The mackems' 3-2 victory over Chelsea means one win or two draws in their last two games will be enough to confirm our demise along with Norwich, who lost at home to Manchester United and seem certain to join Villa.

Just saw the ginger cunt's miss again. It was awful. Just needed to stroke it in not blast it wildly. That was the best chance we had and if it went it, who knows what the effect it would had on the mackems since it was early in the 2nd half.

I wonder how many of our great players have clauses in their contract where they can be sold for half price or whatever if we get relegated.  Watching that performance yesterday I'd have said most of them. They played like they'd be happy to get relegated and get out of there. Cheap sell on price = bigger wages for them.  Can't see many of these players shedding tears when we go down

Keep hearing the term "missed opportunity" in regards to us yesterday.  I mean, it was, but because the mackems pulled a miracle win out of their arses our result was still pretty irrelevant given their momentum and game in hand

We had this n our hands and didn't take our chance. That first half caution was the wrong call imo

This. Given their 'relationship' with the crowd and lack of confidence, we needed a different plan. Early first goal and they would have capitulated.

I wished the Villa fans had done something more drastic. Like invade the pitch, sit in protest on the pitch or just going after people on the pitch and in their executive boxes. Match gets abandoned, they get points deducted but happy that they were able to get their message across to the owners, and we.......

f***ing lose a replay of the match in an empty Villa Park. We're useles.w

Villa fans goading us was just weird.

Keep hearing the term "missed opportunity" in regards to us yesterday.  I mean, it was, but because the mackems pulled a miracle win out of their arses our result was still pretty irrelevant given their momentum and game in hand

Needing 2 points instead of 4 is huge tbf.

1 goal against Palace ande Villa is awful.

Barely a day on, and relegation second time around (in my lifetime, that is) feels like water off a duck's back. Actually quite positive about it.

Ashley loses money, a decent chance to get rid of some absolute toss who I hate seeing in an NUFC shirt (even a Wonga one) and importantly a genuine opportunity to rebuild. I vividly remember why I wanted NUFC to get relegated not 3 months ago pre-Rafa. The reasons are still valid even if my conviction in the face of a Benitez miracle wavered.

Benitez was a fantastic plaster, but I'd like to think we'll only go up again when we're ready. We 100% don't belong in the Premier League at the moment so building new foundations is for the best.

Sticks in the throat a bit (especially as the Mackems stay up, but they're just gonna float at the bottom of the toilet bowl as everyone know) but look at all the team's who've gone up to the Premiership from the Championship since we were last promoted and done good and great things. Fun to win games again too. I'm confident it'll be a good ride back and when we are we'll dive in at the top end.

WE could just as easily sink without a trace.  What are you on today?

What nonsense. Even Wimbledon have risen from the grave.

If we started next season in the National League, with an owner who wasn't a thief and a liar, we could get 40,000 easy.

Barely a day on, and relegation second time around (in my lifetime, that is) feels like water off a duck's back. Actually quite positive about it.

Ashley loses money, a decent chance to get rid of some absolute toss who I hate seeing in an NUFC shirt (even a Wonga one) and importantly a genuine opportunity to rebuild. I vividly remember why I wanted NUFC to get relegated not 3 months ago pre-Rafa. The reasons are still valid even if my conviction in the face of a Benitez miracle wavered.

Benitez was a fantastic plaster, but I'd like to think we'll only go up again when we're ready. We 100% don't belong in the Premier League at the moment so building new foundations is for the best.

Sticks in the throat a bit (especially as the Mackems stay up, but they're just gonna float at the bottom of the toilet bowl as everyone know) but look at all the team's who've gone up to the Premiership from the Championship since we were last promoted and done good and great things. Fun to win games again too. I'm confident it'll be a good ride back and when we are we'll dive in at the top end.

Water off a duck's arse tbh.