Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With the fall of the Pound against the Euro the cost of buying players from Europe has just gone up.

And they need Work Permits?

Comes down to what the government decides on immigration really, leaving the EU doesn't automatically force them to limit immigration from the EU.

With the fall of the Pound against the Euro the cost of buying players from Europe has just gone up.

Good. Equivalent cost for British players may reduce the number of not-so-special imports, and force clubs to give local lads more of a chance to get the experience necessary to realise their potential. Doubt it'll deter the mega bucks deals for genuine superstars.

Do we pay salaries to our Euro players in pounds or euros?

If the latter, they are now more expensive. If the former, these players are effectively getting a pay cut.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was that a real question?

Does poor James not just mean that they may have their salaries as X amount of Euro's per week/month/year in their contracts? I don't think that's too crazy to be honest.

Does poor James not just mean that they may have their salaries as X amount of Euro's per week/month/year in their contracts? I don't think that's too crazy to be honest.

We're an English football team. Where do Euros come into it?! :lol:

Granted, there may be some exchange rate nonsense come into play during negotiations but surely it ends there?

It's really not mental for an EU national coming from a Euro country to be paid in Euro's whilst working in the UK. It's not like they're getting their pay in an envelope at the end of the week and asking to get Euro notes.

It's really not mental for an EU national coming from a Euro country to be paid in Euro's whilst working in the UK. It's not like they're getting their pay in an envelope at the end of the week and asking to get Euro notes.

Would be a bit crazy to piss about paying different players in different currencies.  I mean are we paying Cisse in CFA Francs?

Don't care. I realise it was initially made as a humorous observation, but a debate whether they get they pay in euros or not is exceedingly dull. I want to hear about who we might be signing etc

Will be interesting how much sky and premier league could charge for viewing in other countries, are we not the most watched league in the world?/TV money could increase even more.?

Will be interesting how much sky and premier league could charge for viewing in other countries, are we not the most watched league in the world?/TV money could increase even more.?

Most are already siting on long "contracts". MTG in Sweden have the rights until 18/19 or 19/20..