Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The mirror saying Rafa wants Samaris but is having to manage funds as we haven't got a vast budget.

Also Ryder saying we can't compete with Stoke for Delph.

Another positive transfer round up.

Brentford star Jota will not play in their friendly against Aldershot tonight with a bid expected imminently from a Premier League club, Sky Sports News HQ understands.

The Spaniard held a meeting with head coach Dean Smith and Bees officials on Thursday in which it was collectively agreed he should not take part in the game.

Sky sources understand Huddersfield, Everton, West Ham and Newcastle have all shown interest in the 25-year-old - and he would be available for around £8m.

We need strengthening, but we do have players already here (Gayle included) who are at an age where they can improve and are working with a management team that can ensure that.

Like I said, I really like Gayle, but I'll be surprised if Benitez will be happy to go into next season with him as our main striker plus Mitro and Perez who were the strikers who took us down last time round in this division.

The mirror saying Rafa wants Samaris but is having to manage funds as we haven't got a vast budget.

I mean it's really sounding great at the moment :) - can't afford 12 million for Delph is surely a new low.

Brentford star Jota will not play in their friendly against Aldershot tonight with a bid expected imminently from a Premier League club, Sky Sports News HQ understands.

The Spaniard held a meeting with head coach Dean Smith and Bees officials on Thursday in which it was collectively agreed he should not take part in the game.

Sky sources understand Huddersfield, Everton, West Ham and Newcastle have all shown interest in the 25-year-old - and he would be available for around £8m.

Is he a number 10? Vast majority of clips I've seen of him have been cutting in from the right, which isn't a position we need to strengthen

I mean it's really sounding great at the moment :) - can't afford 12 million for Delph is surely a new low.

We've just paid £8m for a CB so I doubt that's true.

It's still relatively early days and whilst pre season has started and ideally we'd like to have a few more in by now we have to be realistic and look at the regime we're under. They're not going to get into a pissing contest (rightly or wrongly) with other Premier League teams. The players we'll go for will be like Lejeune who don't have 5 or 6 other clubs sniffing around them, so all these Delph's, Gray's, Iheanacho's etc etc are not going to be our actual targets because we're not going to enter bidding wars.

FWIW I reckon Rafa knows this and has a list of targets that are lesser known players that he thinks are undervalued by the market that will work within his system. There'll be one or two more from Europe and maybe a couple from Britain. A lot will depend on when we start offloading the dead wood, which is easier said than done. Be patient, August 13th is a long way off still.

I don't think we'll sign anyone else until we've shipped-out the masses of deadwood. All those returning loanees, Haidara, Lazaar, Hanley, Murphy, the list goes on. All these places in the squad need vacating and it's going to be so difficult finding suitors.

I think you're wrong like, we can't go into a season in the Premier with our current strike force.

I mean theirs a lot bigger issues with our team than our strike force tbh.

Personally I think having a proven goalscorer is a must if you want to avoid the relegation battle. I like Gayle a lot but I'm not sure he'd qualify as a proven Premier striker just yet.

Aye i'm just saying that we have weaker areas of the team, just shows how much needs to be done really.

It's still relatively early days and whilst pre season has started and ideally we'd like to have a few more in by now we have to be realistic and look at the regime we're under. They're not going to get into a pissing contest (rightly or wrongly) with other Premier League teams. The players we'll go for will be like Lejeune who don't have 5 or 6 other clubs sniffing around them, so all these Delph's, Gray's, Iheanacho's etc etc are not going to be our actual targets because we're not going to enter bidding wars.

FWIW I reckon Rafa knows this and has a list of targets that are lesser known players that he thinks are undervalued by the market that will work within his system. There'll be one or two more from Europe and maybe a couple from Britain. A lot will depend on when we start offloading the dead wood, which is easier said than done. Be patient, August 13th is a long way off still.

Hope you're right but I can't help but be anxious.

We need strengthening, but we do have players already here (Gayle included) who are at an age where they can improve and are working with a management team that can ensure that.

Like I said, I really like Gayle, but I'll be surprised if Benitez will be happy to go into next season with him as our main striker plus Mitro and Perez who were the strikers who took us down last time round in this division.

No I don't think he would be.

The other two players you mention are certainly at an age where they can improve.

Mitro may need to be part of a 442 to progress and that probably isn't going to happen here.

Ayoze?  While few players can be more frustrating at times, he really could become a very decent player at PL level. There was something different about him in the closing stages of last season, more physical and more serious. Add that to his intelligent play and there's a very good player there.

Jota would be an excellent signing. Doubt it's us though - it'll almost certainly be Huddersfield as mentioned previously.

Yup. It will be them. They will finish top 7 this season. Magnificent club, fantastic fans, superb stadium, scintillating football, and their handsome bastard of a manager knows Klopp. We are literally fucked.

Jota would be an excellent signing. Doubt it's us though - it'll almost certainly be Huddersfield as mentioned previously.

Yup. It will be them. They will finish top 7 this season. Magnificent club, fantastic fans, superb stadium, scintillating football, and their handsome bastard of a manager knows Klopp. We are literally fucked.

Rattled marra

Yeah. It's also worth remembering that with Rafa any incoming player will also have to meet his personality and character standards and be able to fit in with the group, so just being a good player will not always be enough.

In early July the market we operate in is still "log-jammed" to an extent, but as deals complete elsewhere things will start things moving down the line. Much to everyone's frustration of course but that's how it is at the moment.

Yup. It will be them. They will finish top 7 this season. Magnificent club, fantastic fans, superb stadium, scintillating football, and their handsome b****** of a manager knows Klopp. We are literally f***ed.

Rattled marra

Really jealous of them tbh. Rather have David Vanger than Rafa iyam. He plays like Klopp.

Yup. It will be them. They will finish top 7 this season. Magnificent club, fantastic fans, superb stadium, scintillating football, and their handsome b****** of a manager knows Klopp. We are literally f***ed.

Rattled marra

Really jealous of them tbh. Rather have David Vanger than Rafa iyam. He plays like Klopp.

There would've been hell on here if we had scored as few as Huddersfield did last season.