Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well, if business has truly concluded, the standard has been set for this season. The goal being nothing more than basic survival to keep the funds coming in. I believe there is enough between the players and the manager currently at the club to achieve that. Of course, the task has been made more difficult than it needed to be.

One would think that a season back in the top flight would guarantee legitimate spending, with the ludicrous sums of money clubs in this league are given. If I was sure this was the case, the realities of this window would be to some degree, acceptable. As always, the issue is that nothing is certain at this NUFC, and the previous history here does not lend itself towards optimism.

Well, if business has truly concluded, the standard has been set for this season. The goal being nothing more than basic survival to keep the funds coming in. I believe there is enough between the players and the manager currently at the club to achieve that. Of course, the task has been made more difficult than it needed to be.

One would think that a season back in the top flight would guarantee legitimate spending, with the ludicrous sums of money clubs in this league are given. If I was sure this was the case, the realities of this window would be to some degree, acceptable. As always, the issue is that nothing is certain at this NUFC, and the previous history here does not lend itself towards optimism.

Very nice summary Baba.

It's all completely pointless.

Even if we end up doing better than expected witht he likes of Merino and Hayden shining they'll all be off.

it's all worth absolutely nothing. Man fuck this shit.

Very nice summary Baba.

Yup. The issue is momentum & goodwill. Two things Ashley has never given a flying fuck about, and constantly shot down.

So what time do people think the standard "we tried" press release going to come out? Or will the club going back to complete radio silence and pretend that nothing happened?

There'll be loads of stories fed to the press about how we resisted the temptation to sell Gayle but absolute silence from the club itself about the window.

It'd be incredible if the content writers went rogue and backed Rafa's corner completely though.

If there was an logic to the way this club is run then I'd try hard to see it and reason with it but there's no logical process to this. They've lucked out by having Benitez fall into their laps and still managed to completely fuck it up. There is no reason whatsoever not to back him, little Huddersfield have backed their boss with 4 times as much cash (net), Brighton not far behind them but we've deliberately and purposely decided that £11m is all Benitez is worth.

I utterly despise the cunts running this club, they genuinely don't deserve a PL team and a large part of me hopes Rafa walks and we go down and keep going. Absolutely no point in struggling to get promoted only to make funds available to buy half of Demarai Gray. What was the point? Why were we all watching Brighton's games? Why did we bother worrying about Huddersfield's form or penchant for nicking late goals? Why did we worry? Absolutely no point or reason to continue to support this mess or a team or the utter wankers that run it. It's just futile,if ever there was a time to back someone and see us progress it was this window, right now, and we've actively refused to compete.

If others want to take the piss then fair enough but I'm taking a step back after today, it's completely pointless to continue to back this lot. If others want to continue to pump money into the club then fair enough, sing your hearts out but I'm pretty much done with them. Fuck them.

So what time do people think the standard "we tried" press release going to come out? Or will the club going back to complete radio silence and pretend that nothing happened?

9am tomorrow morning. Fuck paying the PR team overtime.

Will no doubt be told how we "tried", inflated prices meant we couldn't compete and they understand our frustration but it's time to get behind Rafa and the lads. Tickets now on sale for our next home game and some weird cosplay event.

9am tomorrow morning. f*** paying the PR team overtime.

Will no doubt be told how we "tried", inflated prices meant we couldn't compete and they understand our frustration but it's time to get behind Rafa and the lads. Tickets now on sale for our next home game and some weird cosplay event.

Yeah, knowing them, they'll just use the same one from last time.

Did anyone truly expect we would buck the trend. We are a souless club now with a cunt of the highest order at the top.

Absolutely pathetic transfer window and have left the manager without the tools required to succeed. Whatever happens this season I will not place it at Rafa's door

If there was an logic to the way this club is run then I'd try hard to see it and reason with it but there's no logical process to this. They've lucked out by having Benitez fall into their laps and still managed to completely fuck it up. There is no reason whatsoever not to back him, little Huddersfield have backed their boss with 4 times as much cash (net), Brighton not far behind them but we've deliberately and purposely decided that £11m is all Benitez is worth.

I utterly despise the cunts running this club, they genuinely don't deserve a PL team and a large part of me hopes Rafa walks and we go down and keep going. Absolutely no point in struggling to get promoted only to make funds available to buy half of Demarai Gray. What was the point? Why were we all watching Brighton's games? Why did we bother worrying about Huddersfield's form or penchant for nicking late goals? Why did we worry? Absolutely no point or reason to continue to support this mess or a team or the utter wankers that run it. It's just futile,if ever there was a time to back someone and see us progress it was this window, right now, and we've actively refused to compete.

If others want to take the piss then fair enough but I'm taking a step back after today, it's completely pointless to continue to back this lot. If others want to continue to pump money into the club then fair enough, sing your hearts out but I'm pretty much done with them. Fuck them.

Good post :thup:

You'll be watching the Swansea match though  ;)