Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not buying McCormack because of his age is exactly the kind of thing that has seen us relegated in the first place.

Not really,no evidence of that. All this prolific crap in the championship means nothing. You could argue Shola was prolific in the championship, when we were down there wasn't it a three horse race who would finish top scorer for us? Between Carroll Nolan and Shola, Shola played the least games through injury so who knows if he would have out scored the other two. It was Nolan in the end who scored the most.

We will walk the division if we keep 60% of the team we have now.

I would love McCormack to sign if it was 3-4m but the reports of a 30yr old at 10-12 are stupid.

Not if his goals take us back up straight away, which they probably would

Not buying McCormack because of his age is exactly the kind of thing that has seen us relegated in the first place.

Not really,no evidence of that. All this prolific crap in the championship means nothing. You could argue Shola was prolific in the championship, when we were down there wasn't it a three horse race who would finish top scorer for us? Between Carroll Nolan and Shola, Shola played the least games through injury so who knows if he would have out scored the other two. It was Nolan in the end who scored the most.

I would love McCormack to sign if it was 3-4m but the reports of a 30yr old at 10-12 are stupid.

Especially if you consider there would also probably be a queue of other Championship teams willing to give us a good chunk of that money back.

Ideally I'd like someone who is cast iron to score goals in the championship but useful enough to be a squad member post (assumed) promotion. I wonder if the lure of Rafa could get us a Deeney or similar

Did his goals take Fulham up then?

Did his goals take Fulham up then?

No.

Guest antz1uk

crouch? if his legs haven't fallen off yet, wouldn't mind a bit of Clancy she can replace thauvin's bird

Ings and gayle would be some partnership but I know it's unlikely they would come. Would score a load each in the championship!

Their record in the PL is hardly great, yet you seem convinced they'd score loads in the championship yet for the same reason you think Mitrovic and Perez won't score because of their PL record. ( Armstrong too as the difference between League 1 and Championship isn't that big)

I wonder why that is.  :rolleyes:

Ings and gayle would be some partnership but I know it's unlikely they would come. Would score a load each in the championship!

Their record in the PL is hardly great, yet you seem convinced they'd score loads in the championship yet for the same reason you think Mitrovic and Perez won't score because of their PL record. ( Armstrong too as the difference between League 1 and Championship isn't that big)

Ings scored 20 in 40 in the Championship when Burnley came up last time.

Ings scored 20 in 40 in the Championship when Burnley came up last time.

He also managed 11 goals in the PL for a side which only managed 28 all season and finished 18th. Ings is a good player; he'd doubtless be a massive success in the Championship but he's PL quality and will have a number of PL suitors to choose from I would've thought.