Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anything that contributes to ransacking the toxic culture that has got us relegated is fine by me. Crouch isn't very good but I bet worse players have done fine in that league. The dressing room has needed a complete personality shift for years - more experience, too - and if Rafa feels like a veteran like Crouch is going to benefit the squad them I'm not gonna doubt it.

Plus Crouch is good crack.

:thup:

Crouch :lol:

People are getting carried away a bit and remember Rafa signed some proper duds for Liverpool too

Crouch was decent back then to be honest.

I don't really want him now, but if he was back up to the first team for a season then it may work.

Crouch :lol:

People are getting carried away a bit and remember Rafa signed some proper duds for Liverpool too

Crouch was decent back then to be honest.

I don't really want him now, but if he was back up to the first team for a season then it may work.

Was he not their main striker before Torres arrived?

I'd imagine Crouch will be a dirt cheap transfer fee due to his age. A one year contract wouldn't be a problem. His height and hold up play would obviously come in handy. I'm sure he could do a job in the Championship. We don't want to sign too many players on long term contracts who may not be up to the Premiership if we get promoted. Also, we need a squad not just 11 players. He may bring Abbey Clancy with him.

Was Crouch really a dud at Liverpool? Cannot really remember tbh but it always seemed he did alright for them.

Wasnt on about Crouch specifically. Just pointing that Rafa has it in him.  Ngog, Nunez, Dossena, Voronin, Aquilani etc

We have Ritchie & Aarons for the wings dont we, where would Ibe play? None of the 3 would expect bench time.

Aarons has done nothing to warrant a starting spot man :lol:

Eh, he's been pretty quality whenever started in his actual position. Injury has kept him out, not ability. If he's not getting a consistant chance at championship level he wont be staying here like.

And when last was that? That guy is a squad player to start the season. No way he can be trusted as he never stays fit, and has not played a full memorable game in over a year.

Ive no problem with bringing in someone to challenge the position, im just saying if you make it Ibe you're likely writing off Aarons career here as i doubt he will stay personally. He has loads of potential & has been misused. If he doesnt play much in the championship, we wont keep him. Though he's played less frequently, at his best i've seen more from Aarons than Ibe.

Crouch would be as low risk as it gets, tbh. Free, probably cheap wages, won't necessarily play much, has attributes that our other strikers don't have (ie height), could probably do a job in the division - plus he's a good pro and has experience. Would be a solid signing imo.

I wouldn't say Aarons has been misused, he's been constantly injured.

He was our best player in pre season last year and didnt get a look in. Mclaren then only gave him any real time at left back. He was available for 16+ games last year, he wasnt injured as much as made out. At times he just wasnt in the squad or was benched.

Bobby Zamora chipped in with some crucial goals last season for Brighton who nearly got promoted so Crouch could be a decent signing for us to provide a plan B when plan A isn't working

Was Crouch really a dud at Liverpool? Cannot really remember tbh but it always seemed he did alright for them.

Wasnt on about Crouch specifically. Just pointing that Rafa has it in him.  Ngog, Nunez, Dossena, Voronin, Aquilani etc

Liiked Aquilani in Italy but i always thought his eyes were too close together to be a really top player.

Liiked Aquilani in Italy but i always thought his eyes were too close together to be a really top player.

:lol:

:lol: