Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we sign Ibe I'm sticking a few quid on us to finish in the top 2. He was very good at this level for Derby a few years ago, and they fell apart when he was recalled early.

Ibe is the difference? I already put my house on us winning the league.

Ibe would be a tremendous buy, but I can't believe he'd opt for dropping down a division.

Why? He's not an established prem player. Still a young guy looking for an opportunity to feature week in and week out, which he'd get with us.

Ibe would be a tremendous buy, but I can't believe he'd opt for dropping down a division.

Why? He's not an established prem player. Still a young guy looking for an opportunity to feature week in and week out, which he'd get with us.

I just think he's good enough to play regularly in the Premiership, and for a decent side.

I just think he's good enough to play regularly in the Premiership, and for a decent side.

Yeah, I agree. I just think the kind of club likely to give him that kind of opportunity I the prem would likely be a newly promoted side, or one that is not that established or high profile. So joining a club like Newcastle under Benitez that is clearly pushing to return asap, is likely an attractive proposition. If he does well, like Townsend did, and we return straight back up, he'd be a fixture in the team going forward in the prem under a great manager, and a at a club with a lot more potential and better profile.

Yeah, I agree. I just think the kind of club likely to give him that kind of opportunity I the prem would likely be a newly promoted side, or one that is not that established or high profile. So joining a club like Newcastle under Benitez that is clearly pushing to return asap, is likely an attractive proposition. If he does well, like Townsend did, and we return straight back up, he'd be a fixture in the team going forward in the prem under a great manager, and a at a club with a lot more potential and better profile.

We need another winger so will be interesting to see whats going on. He is clearly holding out for something, scousers are inserting and insane amount of clauses into sales though including sell on and by back, this could just be the hold up too. I thought the Bournemouth deal was already done a couple of days ago.

Just me who's barely even seen Jordan Ibe play? Apparently made 41 appearances last season. :dowie:

I saw him play once, and he destroyed West Brom in that game. Seems mint based off that one game.

Saw him play quite a bit last season. Seems to have so much potential, but he is equally as frustrating as Sterling. Just seems to dribble without thinking much at all. At least he's a powerful built lad, so might actually have more potential than Raheem who is an absolute fraud.

Just me who's barely even seen Jordan Ibe play? Apparently made 41 appearances last season. :dowie:

I saw him play once, and he destroyed West Brom in that game. Seems mint based off that one game.

Saw him play quite a bit last season. Seems to have so much potential, but he is equally as frustrating as Sterling. Just seems to dribble without thinking much at all. At least he's a powerful built lad, so might actually have more potential than Raheem who is an absolute fraud.

Ibe has never shown himself to be anywhere near as good as Sterling was for Liverpool when he first burst onto the scene though. Only a year younger too

Harsh to call him a fraud imo, he's still very young and to me his biggest issue is he's so indecisive and seems to lack confidence.

We'll see where he stands after this season as if nothing else Guardiola is good with young players.

Ibe has never shown himself to be anywhere near as good as Sterling was for Liverpool when he first burst onto the scene though. Only a year younger too

Ibe hasn't had Suarez running around near him causing the opposition nightmares though.